You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What a twat

From Football365

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has blasted Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, accusing the Uruguayan of being a "cheat".

Suarez has come under fire in recent weeks after being accused by Stoke boss Tony Pulis earlier this month of going to ground too easily.

FIFA also waded into the Suarez debate, with vice-president Jim Boyce calling on the Football Association to take action after seeing simulation become 'a cancer within the game'.

Suarez angrily hit back at the comments from Boyce and now Koscielny has joined the list of critics of the Liverpool forward, saying he hates playing against the player because of his antics.

"Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez," Koscielny told L'Equipe. "Last season, I didn't feel too well.

"It was a match at 12.30pm and I don't like that schedule.

"He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows. You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be red carded.

"For example on September 2 against Liverpool, it was the case with Luis Suarez.

"He is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact. During a challenge, we jostled a bit each other and he fell.

"He started to talk to me in English, to say it was a penalty."

Koscielny admits the striker who impressed him most was former Chelsea ace Didier Drogba.

"He is strong, he is good when he plays with his back to goal, a great header of the ball and good in the gaps," Koscielny said of Drogba.

"He is the first defender, running everywhere. We saw against Barcelona last season. On his own, he crashed the Barcelona ship."

Asked about Wayne Rooney, Koscielny said of the Manchester United striker: "He is very clever, even if Robin van Persie is even smarter.

"He goes back to the midfield quite often. Rooney likes the ball and to assist."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he's talking about diving, goes onto talk about Drogba and this

He is strong, he is good when he plays with his back to goal, a great header of the ball and good in the gaps

is all he can muster? Really? On diving? Drogba? And he didn't mention diving? Un-freaking-believable.

What a twat

From Football365

Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny has blasted Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, accusing the Uruguayan of being a "cheat".

Suarez has come under fire in recent weeks after being accused by Stoke boss Tony Pulis earlier this month of going to ground too easily.

FIFA also waded into the Suarez debate, with vice-president Jim Boyce calling on the Football Association to take action after seeing simulation become 'a cancer within the game'.

Suarez angrily hit back at the comments from Boyce and now Koscielny has joined the list of critics of the Liverpool forward, saying he hates playing against the player because of his antics.

"Who is the forward I hate to face? Suarez," Koscielny told L'Equipe. "Last season, I didn't feel too well.

"He is tiresome to defend against. He cheats. He pulls your shirt, giving small blows. You always want to give him a kick but you have to be careful not to be red carded.

"For example on September 2 against Liverpool, it was the case with Luis Suarez.

"He is a player who likes to dive as soon as there is contact. During a challenge, we jostled a bit each other and he fell.

Koscielny admits the striker who impressed him most was former Chelsea ace Didier Drogba.

"He is strong, he is good when he plays with his back to goal, a great header of the ball and good in the gaps," Koscielny said of Drogba.

"He is the first defender, running everywhere. We saw against Barcelona last season. On his own, he crashed the Barcelona ship."

Asked about Wayne Rooney, Koscielny said of the Manchester United striker: "He is very clever, even if Robin van Persie is even smarter.

"He goes back to the midfield quite often. Rooney likes the ball and to assist."

The fucking blouse.

Wasn't it Koscielny who rolled around on the floor at Anfield feigning agony to get Cole sent off on his debut? Maybe Cole would have been sent off anyway but a reaction like that is always guaranteed to sway the ref if he's in any doubt and if you're prepared to do that to get someone a red card then you can't really complain about how anyone else behaves. Seem to remember he had magically recovered a few moments later. Suarez didn't do himself any favours with that dive against Stoke the other week but the reaction to it has been pathetic. There are far worst culprits about who don't get half as much criticism and I honestly can't remember a player who the media have had it in for to such a degree. Sadly Koscielny is just the latest shitty defender to take advantage of the situation and no doubt next time we play Arsenal he'll be constantly fouling Suarez and having the nerve to complain to the ref that Suarez is diving.

In fairness to Koscienly the headline of this thread and I'm sure the article itself, have been blown out of proportion.

He doesn't accuse him of diving without contact, he is basically describing a player that plays on the very edge of the rules, which is exactly what Suarez does. The context of the question seems to have been missed by many, which player do you hate playing against? Surely his answer is a compliment rather than an insult.

In fairness to Koscienly the headline of this thread and I'm sure the article itself, have been blown out of proportion.

He doesn't accuse him of diving without contact, he is basically describing a player that plays on the very edge of the rules, which is exactly what Suarez does. The context of the question seems to have been missed by many, which player do you hate playing against? Surely his answer is a compliment rather than an insult.

You COULD take it that way, or you could just focus on the part where he's calling him a cheat and make your mind up?

You COULD take it that way, or you could just focus on the part where he's calling him a cheat and make your mind up?

He does cheat though, surely nobody could deny that, Luis will do "anything" to win, no point pretending otherwise. Maybe we could have done without the Koscienly article given what's gone on in recent weeks but again I'll say in the context of the article and the question he was asked, I'd take his answer as a compliment. No doubt Sky etc will jump all over the headline but who really gives a fuck? Luis has repeatedly said he doesn't, I certainly don't.

Be honest people he is a bit of a cheat, don't get me wrong I love him but his attitude in the pitch and some of his antics are embarrassing

That's disingenuous, every player cheats. Whether its claiming throw-ins or fouls they all shout up even when they know its not theirs. You can't say going over when contacted is any better or worse.

Koscielney came onto the game on the 2nd September in injury time. This game kicked off at 1330 not 1230 as you would think he would remember, but his memory does seem to be a bit rusty.

In the 3 or so minutes of injury time did all the above happen? Anyone have footage as I suspect foul play. Perhaps part of the deal he gets a transfer to old Trafford, who need a right sided cb is a timed press release/ interview.

It's open house on Suarez - the English media are loving this, they smell blood and they're making the most of the Suarez hate-fest. L'Equipe and Koscielny may or may not be part of this agenda, but deliberately or otherwise, they're helping to stir the pot.

Koscielny's clearly a gobshite of the biggest order. As someone else says, it was his theatrics that helped get Cole sent off in Hodgson's first game. And for an Arsenal player to accuse anybody else of going down easily, well that takes the biscuit. Oh, and by the way, Suarez was denied a clear penalty in that 2nd Sept match when Mertesacker clearly held him back....but our dear friend Howard chose to ignore it.

I wouldn't deny that Suarez often over-eggs the pudding...... but it's hard to find anyone in the Premiership who doesn't these days. So, I've got no problem with him taking stick for the Stoke dive, as long as everyone else gets the same treatment. The English 'sense of fair play' has long since been replaced by stinking hypocrisy.

Koscielney came onto the game on the 2nd September in injury time. This game kicked off at 1330 not 1230 as you would think he would remember, but his memory does seem to be a bit rusty.

In the 3 or so minutes of injury time did all the above happen? Anyone have footage as I suspect foul play. Perhaps part of the deal he gets a transfer to old Trafford, who need a right sided cb is a timed press release/ interview.

Check out the "Wanted: video footage of Suarez diving" thread.

Koscielny in the 70's:

So, as a top-flight footballer you must have met some famous people. Who, in particular, did you have problems with?

"Gary Glitter. I always knew there was something wrong about him. That evil stare he had, always surrounding himself with kids, and that 'you wanna be in my gang?' stuff. It was sickening."

And were there any that you took a shine to?

"Oh Jimmy Savile, for sure. A great man. All that work he did for charity, the visits to childrens homes. I understand he even had a room at Broadmoor, such was his dedication to helping the vulnerable. Jingle jangle, how's about that then, great stuff. I also liked Jonathon King, especially that thing he did with his mouth. A very smart man, though not as smart as Jimmy."

so Koscielny thinks suarez cheats. big deal. has he never pulled a shirt when defending a set piece. has he never exaggerated contact to win a foul or get an opponent carded. everyone one who has ever played professional football cheats. there is no story here.