You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Brom away Carling Cup thread

fowler9

really enjoyed that

really like what I've seen of Assaidi so far, his ball control is sublime and he beat his man every time tonight, Sahin looking sharp too which is good as we need him with Jonjo banned, Suso absolute quality run straight after coming on to set up the goal, was disappointed Pacheco was subbed as I thought he was playing really well although it obviously worked, nothing clear cut for Yesil to work on but he was a nuisance and put himself about

really like just how much faith Brendan is showing in these kids

He asked to be subbed about 10 mins earlier because of his legs cramping up. He still managed a couple of good return runs before he went off though, very positive display from him I thought.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted with that, one of the few liverpool games i genuinely enjoyed watching over the last 3 years. Those young lads showed a lot more composure and bravery than the 1st team has shown. Though Coates, Sahin and Assaidi were the stand out performers. The boy suso is going to be an exceptional footballer, I mean world class, I've never been more sure of a young lad "making it" than this boy, his control and intelligence on the pitch is probably better than 95% of players in the league, Thanks Rafa.

just got in , fuckin made up with that. what we lacked in midfield steel and out and out striking talent we made up for in fucking whizz kids takin the piss. good omen for the future and id keep them in mind for the weekend. fucking made up !

we are about to rise again.

Really positive game from us. I thought Pacheco did his best first team game ever, and I also thought Samed Yesil was good. He didn't get much protection from the ref though.

Sahin and Hendo also impressed me yesterday. I think they both deserve to start v Norwich on Saturday. Assaidi as well, he's pure class. Loves to take on the defender and always delivers a end product.

Really positive game from us. I thought Pacheco did his best first team game ever' date=' and I also thought Samed Yesil was good. He didn't get much protection from the ref though.

Sahin and Hendo also impressed me yesterday. I think they both deserve to start v Norwich on Saturday. Assaidi as well, he's pure class. Loves to take on the defender and always delivers a end product.[/quote']

I don't think Henderson deserves to start but he looked a useful DM last night if he can make a few more forward passes and resist the urge to go forward when playing that role.

Sahin has obviously got the ability,a cracking shot and an eye for goal but I just hope he's left his injury crisis behind at Madrid.

I hope we can tie Suso down because I reckon a few Spanish clubs will be sniffing around him and having a player like him alongside Suarez really excites me.

If we lose a few playing in this way the defeats won't be as hard to take.

Suso will be a star for us and then return home to Barcelona just like Fabregas did.

Hope he stays with us forever.

wasn't he at Cadiz before us? be a hard task to keep him out of the Real/Barca clutches long term or even City/Chelsea if we don't start challenging again but hopefully we'll get a good few years out of him first, heard him and Sterling don't have too long on their contracts, hope its not true or about to be rectified

Suso will be a star for us and then return home to Barcelona just like Fabregas did.

Hope he stays with us forever.

With how things stand in Spain I wouldn't be too surprised if their whole "bailed out by the taxpayers once again"-operation goes tits up sooner rather than later. I don't mean they will go bust of course, just that they won't be as attractive for players any more in a few years time.

Was impressed with the back four last night.

In fairness West Brom weren't as threatening as other sides have been but Carra despite a rocky start was great and I thought Coates looked really tidy, hes coming on really well.

Wisdom and Robinson both had one or two shaky moments but all in all I thought they were excellent also. They both look like they can be top drawer in my opinion.

All over the pitch though the team was impressive. Sahin looks like hes finding his feet which is a real boost. Henderson in my opinion was tidy, he didn't do much wrong and he kept play ticking over quite well.

Thought Pachecho did well also, I noticed he showed a good work ethic getting right back into our half a few times winning a few balls from out of nowhere. He looked threatening when attacking from deep, he still needs to start showing a wee bit more though.

Thought Assaidi looked really lively, he loves having a go at players and its something we've badly needed for ages.

You can see it instantly puts the other team on the backfoot and makes defenders shit themselves. Its part of the Mancs winning formula for years, using quick direct wingers to force teams back 10/20 yards.

Assaidi looks to me like Sahin, hes finding his feet quickly and hopefully he can start being put into the first 11 against the weaker teams, he'll create chances.

Special mention to Suso, christ we need to sort out a new long term contract for him if hes really not got long left. He looks like he could be a really great player in another year or two.

. Wisdom and Robinson both had one or two shaky moments but all in all I thought they were excellent also. They both look like they can be top drawer in my opinion.

Robinson particularly had a really bad first 10 minutes or so where nothing went right for him at all but showed great character to recover and be one of the best players on the pitch

Like I said it was tried started on the KOP on Sunday as well probably because the Kenny chants got a good airing or maybe because we were losing, who knows, I was not really joining in.

Anyway its a shite song no matter how you twist it.

You thick prick it was sung in response to the manc cunts singing "you're getting sacked in the morning". It's not a great chant admittedly but at least it's showing some support. Didn't join in? Well that doesn't surprise me.

Feels good winning like that, Robinson, Sterling, Suso, Flannagan, Wisdom and Assadi can all become squad players at the very least, which would save us millions! We can then spend big on special players, that is the main benefit of youngsters from my perspective. Add in Borini, Coates, Kelly, Henderson, Shelvey and Allen all under 24, the future looks good.

I think Sterling, Suso and Robinson can be stars. Yesil, Sinclair, Flannagan, Morgan and a couple of others need a bit more time, but look very promising. I think you would be conservative in saying Sterling, Suso, Robinson, Wisdom and Yesil will become 1st team regulars.

Feels good winning like that, Robinson, Sterling, Suso, Flannagan, Wisdom and Assadi can all become squad players at the very least, which would save us millions! We can then spend big on special players, that is the main benefit of youngsters from my perspective. Add in Borini, Coates, Kelly, Henderson, Shelvey and Allen all under 24, the future looks good.

I think Sterling, Suso and Robinson can be stars. Yesil, Sinclair, Flannagan, Morgan and a couple of others need a bit more time, but look very promising. I think you would be conservative in saying Sterling, Suso, Robinson, Wisdom and Yesil will become 1st team regulars.

out of interest is Flanagan injured? know he wasn't as good last year as he was the one before and Wisdom has done really well at right back too but would've expected him to be on the bench last night