You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough "The Search For Truth" 10.25pm

SCOUSE TAPAS

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gobsmacked ,shocked and completly delighted all at the same time.Im so happy for the families,i was terrified that this would be another false dawn.Still quite shocked at the level of response from a Tory PM

There are two types of Sun editors,those that are facing trial and those that should be

Just had a look on a few other teams forums for their reaction, bluekipper & red cafe ok but Chelsea forums think we should get over it and we should take the blame also for turning up late.

I've more brain cells in my left little finger nail than the entire collective support of those cunts.

Just had a look on a few other teams forums for their reaction, bluekipper & red cafe ok but Chelsea forums think we should get over it and we should take the blame also for turning up late.

i am still astounded even now after the lies have been exposed there's still fucking dickheads refusing to believe it :telloff::telloff::telloff:

72. There was no evidence to support the proposition that alcohol played any part

in the genesis of the disaster and it is regrettable that those in positions of

responsibility created and promoted a portrayal of drunkenness as contributing to

the occurrence of the disaster and the ensuing loss of life without substantiating evidence.

Be careful NOT to tar fans of other clubs in the same way many tarred Liverpool fans.

The horrible dangers of people 'assuming' all Liverpool fans were idiots shouldn't be repeated.

Yes, every club will have their fair share of morons, but the large majority of football fans and matchday attendees are right behind Liverpool.

We might argue about football, we might dislike the colours each wears, but we are 'as one' when it comes to innocent fans herded, crushed, seriously neglected in the face of a medical need, and finally being painted as the culprits.

It's important. We ARE with you.

i am still astounded even now after the lies have been exposed there's still fucking dickheads refusing to believe it :telloff::telloff::telloff:

I am still astounded that a "liverpool fan", on this very day of all days, is spending his time going to other fans, including chelsea "supporters", forums to see what "reaction" the HIP report is going to get and then comes on here to express his "outrage".

"Fucking idiot" won't even begin to describe it... And then we all wonder why so many helmets are following us these days.

Mackenzie to issue a statement soon, it better be a full and frank apology

MacKenzie's Hillsborough - 'The Sun told The Truth'

By Ian Herbert

Saturday 02 December 2006

There has been no lack of contrition from The Sun newspaper in the past 18 months as it seeks reconciliation with the people of Liverpool over its infamous reporting of the Hillsborough disaster. The paper published a full-page apology in July 2004 for what it called "the most terrible mistake" in its history and sent the managing editor Graham Dudman into local radio studios on a Boris Johnson-style mission.

That was then. Any hope of a lasting truce was shot to pieces last night as Kelvin MacKenzie, architect of a front page which has made The Sun a pariah in the city for 17 years, was reported as saying he was not sorry for his decision. He had apologised afterwards only because the newspaper's owner, Rupert Murdoch, had ordered him to do so.

Mr MacKenzie apologised publicly when the Press Complaints Commission condemned his paper's descriptions of Liverpool fans urinating on the Hillsborough dead and stealing from their bodies, in an edition headlined "The Truth". But judging by his comments to a business lunch staged by the law firm Mincoffs in Newcastle upon Tyne, he did not mean a word of it. "I was not sorry then and I'm not sorry now," Mr MacKenzie told his audience. "All I did wrong there was [to] tell the truth." Unrepentant barely defines what followed next from Mr MacKenzie. Responding to a seemingly innocuous question about how often he visited Liverpool, he launched into a general attack on Liverpudlians - possibly unaware that a journalist from The Journal newspaper was present.

He said of Hillsborough: "There was a surge of Liverpool fans who had been drinking and that is what caused the disaster. The only thing different we did was put it under the headline 'The Truth'. I went on [bBC Radio 4's] World at One the next day and apologised. I only did that because Rupert Murdoch told me to. I wasn't sorry then and I'm not sorry now because we told the truth."

There have been recent signs that Mr MacKenzie is losing patience with Liverpool. In an interview with The Independent in June he said he had apologised thousands of times for the Hillsborough coverage and that the idea that people should still not be buying the paper was "ridiculous". "If those people are just rejecting [The Sun], I just wouldn't bother at all," he said.

The backlash arrived quickly yesterday. The Liverpool Echo launched a withering attack on Mr MacKenzie while Phil Hammond, chairman of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, whose son died in the tragedy, urged Mr MacKenzie to "come and tell the families this to their faces".

I am still astounded that a "liverpool fan", on this very day of all days, is spending his time going to other fans, including chelsea "supporters", forums to see what "reaction" the HIP report is going to get and then comes on here to express his "outrage".

"Fucking idiot" won't even begin to describe it... And then we all wonder why so many helmets are following us these days.

What about looking to see what their reaction is to the truth? People who have blamed us for years now faced with cold hard facts. You could call me an idiot if I'd registered on their forums to start an argument but looking if anyone's attitude to the disaster had changed doesn't make me an idiot.

I've lives down south and the majority of fans still believe that we killed our own fans that day due to the rag reporting it. Now I want to see their reaction now that they have been told it was all lies