You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough "The Search For Truth" 10.25pm

SCOUSE TAPAS

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bitter sweet day for me.

At last we've finally been told what we all knew. For the affected families, a huge victory in a 23 year old battle with the cunt authorities who tried desperately to cover up their incompetencies.

And for their fans there on the day, and Liverpool fans everywhere, blame and finally cleared of any part of wrong doing.

Take note you blueshite and Manc fucking cunts!!!

Now for accountability. I want all the people in charge on that horrific day to be held responsible for the 96 deaths. I don't give a flying fuck if they are close to their deathbeds. They need to be dragged into a court and to be punished for their incompetency and even worse, their part in perverting the course of justice.

I also want bitch's Thatcher and cunt Douglas Hurd's heads on a plate too, as I believe the cover ups went up that far!!!

Bitter sweet day for me.

At last we've finally been told what we all knew. For the affected families, a huge victory in a 23 year old battle with the cunt authorities who tried desperately to cover up their incompetencies.

And for their fans there on the day, and Liverpool fans everywhere, blame and finally cleared of any part of wrong doing.

Take note you blueshite and Manc fucking cunts!!!

Now for accountability. I want all the people in charge on that horrific day to be held responsible for the 96 deaths. I don't give a flying fuck if they are close to their deathbeds. They need to be dragged into a court and to be punished for their incompetency and even worse, their part in perverting the course of justice.

I also want bitch's Thatcher and cunt Douglas Hurd's heads on a plate too, as I believe the cover ups went up that far!!!

I'm a labour supporter (not that it matters), but if you read the HIP report, Thatcher and Hurd were told the same crap as the rest of us. When they read the Taylor report, it became clear they'd been shafted themselves...

It's not so clear how far the cover up went, or how broad it was, but it certainly seems to mostly around senior police officials... then there's the whole 'teflon' (nothing sticks) approach from SWFC and SCC plus the emergency services. They all seemed to realise they'd contributed to the neglect of safety and fans welfare, but thanks to the most obvious failings on the Police, they slipped under the radar a little bit.

I'd like nothing more than Thatcher to be accountable for many things she did, but the jury's out a bit on this aspect (for the moment).

I wish Duckinfield had just said "it was a mess, it got out of hand, I wasn't competent"... much of this could have been avoided. But once again, the police went into 'PR' mode whilst many fans still had a fighting chance of surviving...

I thought Cameron's apology was as sincere as it could be from a guy who had nothing to do with events.

Sheffield Wednesday (and subsequent bandwaggon apologies) all smack of 'sorry... that we've been caught out'.

How proud those victims would be... of their families and those that fought against all the odds.

How ashamed those who create awful chants should be.

They just read out every name on Talksport... it's harrowing to hear all 96. 'Ninety-six' is such a quick phrase to say, it's a hell of a lot to read out.

I was teary eyed just hearing them.

Get off Burnhams back, he's been boss

Everyone involved should be so so proud tonight from the families who have been unreal to the MP's to the people like Peter Hooton and Pete Wylie and everyone else who's a red and supported the cause

I've never been prouder to be from this self pity city.

as for sheff wed, Mandaric gave all access to the papers the panel wanted, he changed the climate at the club so i take the apology as its meant

I believe the cover up began with the South Yorkshie police and tha local MPs but that it quickly became government policy. There was no way Thatcher's government could be seen taking the word about what happened from football supporters (who at that time were denigrated as the scum of the earth) above that of brave British bobbies.

There's a reason that the truth has been deliberately denied for all those years and I believe some of it still is.

Justice for the 96.

I have an incredible mixture of feelings at today's revelations. I can't even begin to imagine what the families are feeling.

I was 17 when Hillsborough happened. I'm 41 now. A few years ago, I'd resigned myself to the fact that I would never see this day, that it had been too long, that the fight couldn't possibly be sustained for as long as it would take and that there wasn't enough will for the truth to come out outside of the family groups to drive the campaign forward. I'm delighted to have been proved wrong.

Today brought validation for people who have been lied to for 23 years, for grieving relatives and friends who have have been dismissed as conspiracy theorists, for all of our fans there that day whom some people still felt were partly culpable for 96 deaths and for everyone that refused to sit back and let those lies go unchallenged. I salute you all.

Kenny will always have my respect for what he did for this club in the aftermath of Hillsborough, so I think it's fitting that his comments sum up what has to happen next. Today finally gave us the truth. Now we need justice.

Fuck the apologies from South Yorkshire police, fuck the apologies from Sheffield Wednesday football club, fuck the apologies from The Sun, fuck the faux apology from that reprehensible parasite Mckenzie, fuck the apology from the government.

Everyone of you lying corrupt negligent bastards have had 23 fucking years to apologies for your crimes, and every single fucking one of you have hid, and cowered and hoped that this would just go away, and only on the day when the truth finally comes out, and you have got nowhere left to hide, and nobody else to slander do you come out and snivel and cringe like the fucking rats that you are.

Well fuck the lot of you.

Today the country got to know what the city of Liverpool have known for years, and just because you have been forced to apologise doesn't mean we will forgive, or forget.

Now for every single lying bastard responsible for the worst cover up in the history of this country to be held to account.

Massive day today for the truth, but sadness that our fans were still alive, also deep sadness that the cunting coppers wouldnt let me perform first aid now I know some were alive,I know what happened like the rest of us, now the world knows, lets hope justice is not far away, god bless the 96 souls and the families of them, I am so proud of my city today.A generation ago and we are still fighting.

Lets hope the truth sinks in to the morons of this country, Maybe the Mark lawrensons and Alan Davies`s will stop spouting shit now.

RIP the 96

I'm a labour supporter (not that it matters), but if you read the HIP report, Thatcher and Hurd were told the same crap as the rest of us. When they read the Taylor report, it became clear they'd been shafted themselves...

It's not so clear how far the cover up went, or how broad it was, but it certainly seems to mostly around senior police officials... then there's the whole 'teflon' (nothing sticks) approach from SWFC and SCC plus the emergency services. They all seemed to realise they'd contributed to the neglect of safety and fans welfare, but thanks to the most obvious failings on the Police, they slipped under the radar a little bit.

I'd like nothing more than Thatcher to be accountable for many things she did, but the jury's out a bit on this aspect (for the moment).

I wish Duckinfield had just said "it was a mess, it got out of hand, I wasn't competent"... much of this could have been avoided. But once again, the police went into 'PR' mode whilst many fans still had a fighting chance of surviving...

I thought Cameron's apology was as sincere as it could be from a guy who had nothing to do with events.

Sheffield Wednesday (and subsequent bandwaggon apologies) all smack of 'sorry... that we've been caught out'.

How proud those victims would be... of their families and those that fought against all the odds.

How ashamed those who create awful chants should be.

They just read out every name on Talksport... it's harrowing to hear all 96. 'Ninety-six' is such a quick phrase to say, it's a hell of a lot to read out.

I was teary eyed just hearing them.

Thatcher was told about the goings on in '89. She did fuck all about it, which says to me she was involved in the cover up.

I know a load of my family and people I consider friends were at the match that day, but I only found out the other day that my grandad and two uncles originally had tickets for the Leppings Lane that day but swapped them at the club a week or so before for ones in the side stand. I can't even imagine thinking what it must have been like if they were involved in the Leppings, or if I'd have grown up without knowing my grandad or uncles. All because they did what thousands do every week and attended a football match.

I was just a baby when Hillsborough happened- a year and a half old- and my mum has told me of the panic when she heard of what was happening in Sheffield that day and the panic that had gripped my family and how powerless they were to do anything as it was unfolding on the telly in front of them. Thankfully, they were lucky and all came home.

My old man was in the side stand with his mates. He's very old school in that he's the type of fella who doesn't believe in showing emotions but whenever the subject of Hillsborough is brought up, I can see him start to get a little choked up. In 1989, he was 25. I'm currently 24, and I can't even begin to imagine how I'd cope if I saw such horror unfold in front of me and as I grew up in the Sky sanitised era, there's a small part of me that finds it almost incomprehensible how 96 peope can die doing something I and many others take for granted every Saturday.

Stuff like that just hits hit home- families have grown up without loved ones; without fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, aunties and uncles. It's just so tragic and I honestly don't know how the families have conducted themselves with such admirable dignity over the past 23 years when they've had to deal with conspiracies, cover-ups and character assassinations. Trevor Hicks has been brilliant today(as have they all) , in my opinion, and I hope they've all felt a sense of vindication today and like he said, the truth has been revealed today, justice comes tomorrow.

They will never be forgotten.