You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough "The Search For Truth" 10.25pm

SCOUSE TAPAS

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still idiots - so called football supporters out there

It's MY Arsenal Opinion: Value for money, A cover up of unbelievable magnitude

I wasn't going to write about Hillsborough. It has nothing to do with Arsenal. However, it has been pointed out to me, correctly, that I write about things non-Arsenal on occasion. Another reason I was not going to write about it is that my views continue to be largely the same, despite the revelations of today, and are not popular with Liverpool supporters.

I'll start by saying that the absolution of blame for ALL Liverpool supporters in attendance is not something I agree with. I will always be convinced that the presence of so many people without tickets attempting to gain entry to the ground was the catalyst for the events that unfolded. The failure of the police to deal effectively with this pressure outside the stadium lead directly to the disaster. That is my opinion, and it will not change. I do not apologise for my view, even in the face of what was said today. I know that many other football fans who go to games, and who were going to games in the 1980s, agree with my viewpoint.

Was sent this by a Sheff United fan earlier..jesus ,these wednesday fans are seriously fucked up

Club Statement on Release of Hillsborough Documents - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY - Owlstalk

and this ones even worse if thats possible

Hillsborough disaster on tv again - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY BOARDROOM - Owlstalk

It beggars belief that SOME didn't know the safety cert had expired.

That they couldn't see that between SWFC and the police and the council (and for that matter some of the emergency services too), that didn't have a cohesive policy oh who was responsible for what... That's not to say a similar picture was probably up and down the country, but regardless, the 'good luck' eventually ran out.

They'd been warned. They'd had a couple of near misses before...

Just stunning that folks don't read the simple 'basics' of what happened.

To be fair, there's a few fans there with their head screwed on properly. Fans need to stop being partisan. It's not just about SWFC's failings, it's about systemic failure and complacency of football at that time.

And some of it still exists today...

There are still idiots - so called football supporters out there

It's MY Arsenal Opinion: Value for money, A cover up of unbelievable magnitude

Fuck that clown and fuck the Sheff Wed fans on the previous page. Their idiotic views have been debunked once and for all without a shred of doubt, yet they still can't find it in themselves to show an ounce of compassion or have the courage to admit that they were wrong. Let them wallow in their ignorance and their mindlessness. They are beyond bitter and nothing will bring them round.

Fuck them all. The truth is out.

The Mirror's frontpage. I hear the S*n have gone with something similar.

Unbelievably The Teleraph have completly ignored todays report and anything to do with Hillsborough,instead going with a half page image of some royal....

I had noticed that myself mate.

For the life of me I cant think why.

Hillsborough files: Calls to strip Sir Irvine Patnick of knighthood over Hillsborough role - UK - Scotsman.com

Published on Wednesday 12 September 2012 17:32

A LABOUR MP has called for the former Sheffield Hallam MP Sir Irvine Patnick to have his knighthood rescinded.

Labour backbencher John Mann said he had written to David Cameron calling for Sir Irvine to be stripped of his title.

He said: “The shameful and disgusting behaviour of Sir Irvine Patnick is a significant feature in the Hillsborough independent panel report and his knighthood should be removed immediately.

“David Cameron should now do the right thing and take the necessary steps to do this.”

The former Tory MP was named by the panel as one of the sources for The Sun’s notorious coverage 23 years ago for which Kelvin Mackenzie issued an apology earlier today.

He is said to have suggested “drunk and aggressive” fans forced entry to the football ground and contributed to the deadly crush.

Mr Mann pointed out that disgraced former RBS boss Fred Goodwin had been stripped of his knighthood earlier this year on the advice of the Forfeiture Committee.

“Fred Goodwin brought the honours system in to disrepute and we now know that Sir Irvine Patnick has done the same and appropriate action should be taken,” he added.

A Downing Street spokeswoman batted away questions about whether Sir Irvine should have his honour removed.

“The Prime Minister’s focus today has been on the distress suffered by the families,” she said.

Sir Irvine, who served as a government whip during his 10 years in parliament, was knighted in 1994.

The 82-year-old refused to speak to reporters as he left his home in the south-west of Sheffield this afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone ever needed confirmation that we're all in it together look at this cunt's list of previous targets:

Patnick is on the right wing of the Conservative Party. He was against sanctions on apartheid South Africa, voted to reintroduce the death penalty, strongly supported Section 28 and, in a similar vein, opposed reducing the age of consent for homosexuals. He coined the phrase 'People's Republic of South Yorkshire' in reference to the policies of the Sheffield City Council under the direction of David Blunkett

I had noticed that myself mate.

For the life of me I cant think why.

The Torygraph is the mouthpiece of the Establishment, that is why.

Fuck them...fuck the Sun and their too little too late "apology", fuck Mackenzie the odious snake, fuck the ignorant bitter opposition cunt fans who choose to wallow in ignorance despite the truth being dragged out into the open after 23 long years.

Can't understand why some Sheffield Wednseday fans would be so defensive about this. It's essentially got fuck all to do with them. Stupid cunts.

An even more telling way of looking at it is:

They were using that stadium week in week out with a complacent policy (or lack of) in place. THEY were at risk too!!!

Has it ntw dawned on them that it could have been them?

Not posted on here for an age.Of course i support United and i come in peace as i always have when posting.

Firstly,well done the families and supporters and thank fuck this day has come.They never gave up and justice has been done but surely heads must roll.

Thatcher is already on her death bed the evil bitch and just how many would love to get their hands on Mackenzie the smarmy c**t! ...Duckenfield also.....words fail!

The F.A also for allowing fans to enter stadiums which are decrepid and in need of repair...so many to blame for this and sorry is not good enough.Heads must roll or even be removed and custodial sentences handed out for those who have delayed justice and torrmented the families and friends of those that died to protect their own reputations and jobs and avoid being brought to justice...

Once more well well done to all involved!