You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough "The Search For Truth" 10.25pm

SCOUSE TAPAS

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

I'll catch this on iplayer and a proxy server. How soon after things are shown do they appear on iplayer?

Oh and what is that regional coverage all about? Shitheads, it's a national issue.

Its a fucking disgrace that this is regionalised ....should be on BBC nationwide.Theres been a big fcebook reminder about this thing..theres another program tomorrow night at 10:30 on ITV

10803 H 22.0 5/6 for anyone with Sky box.

MY Cover up alarm bells are ringing loudly now.We're all hoping that the documents will reveal the real truth...If the BBC had this surely they'd go nationwide as they'd have a big story.Cant believe that cunt of a journo still thinks his story was correct and that McKenzies headline was the problem..fuckers

Its a fucking disgrace that this is regionalised ....should be on BBC nationwide.Theres been a big fcebook reminder about this thing..theres another program tomorrow night at 10:30 on ITV

10803 H 22.0 5/6 for anyone with Sky box.

MY Cover up alarm bells are ringing loudly now. We're all hoping that the documents will reveal the real truth...If the BBC had this surely they'd go nationwide as they'd have a big story.Cant believe that cunt of a journo still thinks his story was correct and that McKenzies headline was the problem..fuckers

I dread to think how it would affect the families to be screwed over yet again.

I dunno man,the bravery and class they have shown all through the years,taking all the shit the establishments thrown at them ,I'd like to think that they'd find more resolve,but me head says that it could be a kick in the teeth too far

It makes no sense why BBC would regionalise something like this to BBC North west and BBC yorkshire only ..This is a such a huge story.Hope to fuck this isn't another governmental cover up

I dunno man,the bravery and class they have shown all through the years,taking all the shit the establishments thrown at them ,I'd like to think that they'd find more resolve,but me head says that it could be a kick in the teeth too far

It makes no sense why BBC would regionalise something like this to BBC North west and BBC yorkshire only ..This is a such a huge story.Hope to fuck this isn't another governmental cover up

Which is what I'd be afraid of.

I don't understand why they didn't ask that journo about where did these "Allegations" come from. I appreciate he had a job to do and McKenzie is the biggest scum bag on the planet but that would be the question I would have wanted answering on that programme tonight.

I was there that day and I can say for certain there was no one raining coins down on the coppers down below. It just didn't happen.

They won't know. That's the whole problem with all of this.

We are 99% certain that Duckenfield knew the cause and opted to blame the fans. Whether he (or others) were stupid enough to EVER have expressly documented an attempt to put blame on fans is unknown. Short of some 'smoking gun' evidence, the issue will never go away.

Chances are, any tracks were covered relatively early on (if at all).

In hindsight, if Duckenfield had just been honest and said "we made a choice, and it was the wrong one", it might have been better accepted.

The media of course, made the awful assumption (based on general fan history, and moreover Liverpool's history) that it was just another example of hooliganism. How wrong they were. Within a few days it had become clear that it wasn't hooliganism, but by then, the damage had been done.

I still firmly believe that the majority of people KNOW it wasn't the fans fault (now), they just don't know to what extent Duckenfield (and cohorts) were a) just incompetent or b) incompetent and scheming liars.

The average copper at the game was just as oblivious as the fans... the fans were the 'cattle' and the coppers were the 'herders'... it was the CONTROL of that process that failed.

I don't understand why they didn't ask that journo about where did these "Allegations" come from. I appreciate he had a job to do and McKenzie is the biggest scum bag on the planet but that would be the question I would have wanted answering on that programme tonight.

I was there that day and I can say for certain there was no one raining coins down on the coppers down below. It just didn't happen.

'Press agencies'.

Tricky that.

At that time, in the 80s, SOME (a handful) of morons would throw coins. 'Raining coins down' would be bullshit, but a tossed coin? possible.

Had it not been a disaster that day, there would have been some arrests, a couple of drunks, a couple of coin throwers, some hell bent of provoking the police, some hell bent on a scrap... as it would have been for any other game between any other teams. Sadly, the media used that to hype up the public perception of hooliganism, and made out it was just 'one more example' of it.

Once Taylor investigated... he cut past the crap and told it how it was... 'it was just another semi-final, with all the usual trappings that would entail'... it had no bearing on the disaster itself, and was wholly wrong for anybody to claim it did.

There would have been fans sticking two fingers up at the opposition as others were dying (because many fans didn't KNOW what was happening). It only takes one reporter to say "fans carried on taunting whilst fans died" and it makes it look so very bad.

Harry Arnold

S*n journalist

"My involvement began I think it was four days later when the allegations began to emerge. In newspapers as in television if an allegation is made it is your duty to report the allegation but at the same time to give the other side the opportunity to respond.

The allegations included suggestions that fans had urinated on victims on the level below them, that a young woman who was dead had been abused and fans were generally accused of behaving in a drunken, disorderly fashion.

It will always be very, very difficult to know whether any of the allegations were true, or partly true or totally untrue but they were allegations and that was how I wrote them, as allegations".

Got to say fanchester has taken some stick on here the past few months, but big credit for his knowledge on this, if only this was the case throughout the uk and the world.

Still don't understand why duckenfield wasn't charged or found guilty of manslaughter, his decision lead to the deaths of 96 innocent fans.

Harry Arnold

S*n journalist

"My involvement began I think it was four days later when the allegations began to emerge. In newspapers as in television if an allegation is made it is your duty to report the allegation but at the same time to give the other side the opportunity to respond.

The allegations included suggestions that fans had urinated on victims on the level below them, that a young woman who was dead had been abused and fans were generally accused of behaving in a drunken, disorderly fashion.

It will always be very, very difficult to know whether any of the allegations were true, or partly true or totally untrue but they were allegations and that was how I wrote them, as allegations".

All they need is ONE person to say "they were pissing in the stands" (which actually wasn't that unusual at games).... then another to say something as stupid as "probably on the police" ... and there you have it... the press will use it. And of course, it wasn't beyond them to just make crap up.

They still do it to this day.