You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough "The Search For Truth" 10.25pm

SCOUSE TAPAS

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about looking to see what their reaction is to the truth? People who have blamed us for years now faced with cold hard facts. You could call me an idiot if I'd registered on their forums to start an argument but looking if anyone's attitude to the disaster had changed doesn't make me an idiot.

I've lives down south and the majority of fans still believe that we killed our own fans that day due to the rag reporting it. Now I want to see their reaction now that they have been told it was all lies

Well said... a huge part of the Justice campaign was never to persuade the already persuaded... it was to vindicate and effective clear the names of those victims (primarily), the Liverpool fans as a whole (secondly) and just footballer fans in general (thirdly).

Most of the nation was lied to, and rightly or wrongly, many chose to trust the authorities to get it right. To some extent, they did (Taylor for instance), but the media and elements of the police, politicians and SWFC themselves were all happy to lie low under the protection of secrecy and/or lies).

It's not surprising that someone would want to return to some of the nay sayers, or even just 'gauge a reaction' to see if your own personal perception of today's revelations are seen in the same light by others.

This was never a 'partisan' issue. Decent fans put aside rivalry for moments like this. Those that can't put it aside (from whatever team, including Liverpool itself) on a day like today, or a subject such as this really do no credit to those 96 and their families.

Anger today doesn't belong between fans - it belongs (if anywhere) at the tragedy that the glaring truth has taken this long to be acknowledged, and towards those that seemingly knew the truth and chose to keep quiet about it.

Just had a look on a few other teams forums for their reaction, bluekipper & red cafe ok but Chelsea forums think we should get over it and we should take the blame also for turning up late.

I could not give a shit what some low life Chelsea scumbags have to say. They are the classic example of the knuckle scraping neanderthal pondscum sub human pustules that are sadly all too prevalent in this country. Fuck them, let them wallow in their ignorance.

I will only take seriously the views of informed, intelligent people...they do not meet the criteria. Fuck them right off.

All that matters is the REAL truth has finally been spoken.

I am still astounded that a "liverpool fan", on this very day of all days, is spending his time going to other fans, including chelsea "supporters", forums to see what "reaction" the HIP report is going to get and then comes on here to express his "outrage".

"Fucking idiot" won't even begin to describe it... And then we all wonder why so many helmets are following us these days.

amazingly touching sentiment on today of all days, couldnt have put it better myself.:whatever:

We don't need the permission of opposition fans on websites to hold our heads high today.

The fact that they are so stupid so as to miss the point about the police covering up the deaths of 96 people is just testament to the lack of intelligence and general understanding of what has happened today, and how it should affect them just as much as it affects us.

The police committed crimes, they lied about everything, and then they threw us under the bus. Chelsea should just be thankful they were that shit in 1988/89 that they didn't get near an FA Cup Semi-Final because they were beaten 4-0 by Barnsley in the 3rd round that year.

Everton, Norwich, and Forest fans should also thank their lucky stars they weren't drawn to play at Hillsborough and be given the Leppings Lane end. I also wonder what would have happened had United beaten Forest in the quarter final and played us at Hillsborough that day.

Anyway, fucking hell.

I just want to congratulate the brave people of the HJC and HFSG and others who have fought for justice in a graceful manner to prove all the haters and whitewashers wrong and to finally have opened the door to what will hopefully lead to the complete and undeniable justice for the victims and their loved ones.

It's a great day, but still a sad day at the same time because of all the unnecessary pain these people have had to suffer for more than 23 years because of the ineptitude and arrogance of authorities and ill-informed people who clearly aren't and haven't been willing to emphatize and look at the facts and just be decent people.

May there be Justice for the 96 and everyone else who have been suffering for far too long.

I've already shed a tear or two about this. It is an incredible day as the truth is coming out for all to see. Well done to all involved for not giving up hope and fighting for this day. Now that the truth is out there is a basis for justice to follow.

Justice should involve prosecution and censure of those in authority, depending on what they did or did not do that day. Justice for the families will be more personal, though at the very least it should involve significant financial compensation. That will in no way make up for losing a loved one, or indeed having to go through 23 years of cover up, but it will be the right thing to do. I hope those in authority do this swiftly, fairly and decisively, as any sort of haggling or wrangling will be unbecoming.

Justice will not be done until those guilty of the gross negligence leading directly to the deaths of the 96 and the resulting cover up are brought to book. They must be seen to pay for their crimes; that might at least bring some sort of closure to the bereaved families but it will never heal the deep wounds that all involved will carry with them for the rest of their days.

Every LFC fan already knew that there'd been a cover up but it's deeply satisfying to have the facts out in the open at long last. David Cameron's finest hour.

One of the survivors was on just now at the Anne Williams conference talking about Cameron's speech earlier, but he mentioned the absence of and the need for official acknowledgement of those Liverpool fans that day who took charge in assisting the dying and injured so selflessly. In light of what we know about the actions of the authorities that day, an official acknowledgement is absolutely right. The Liverpool fans have been exonerated from causing the disaster after the panel's findings and report, but it should be placed on record that they were responsible for - to paraphrase the fella at the conference - "one of the greatest spontaneous humanitarian responses in recent times." Any official request, petition or whatever will get my endorsement.

Just watching LFC Channel the press confererence and didn't realise that a lad ive been to Liverpool with quite a few times survived Hillsborough, I know he's involved with campaign groups and always traveling up to Liverpool but didn't realise he was that close, he was speaking earlier his names Dean Harris, lovely guy as well.

We have been conistently let down by bandwaggoning politicians and it seems Andy Burnham is the latest to join that line.

He claims that all fans knew that Hillsborough was unsafe. This is quite simply wrong. Hillsborough was amongst the more modern and safer grounds of the era, the Leppings Lane End way down the list of potential danger points. What was so shocking at the time was that it WAS the Leppings lane where it all went wrong. If it could have happened there it could have happened at the vast majority of football grounds at the time- given the circumstances.

It is so important that in our search for the truth now, the past is not distorted .

You mean Burnham the guy who was in tears at the start of the vigil.