You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Whelan is making a cunt of Martinez with all this media attention, he should have kept his mouth shut and let him meet our owners in private. That way if he doesn't get the job he doesn't look second rate, doesn't have problems with the Wigan fans(all 10 of them) and can get on with next years relegation battle without the extra pressure.

If he doesn't get the job I can see this ending acrimoniously in the press with Whelan and Martinez on one side claiming we offered him the job but he turned us down and FSG on the other denying everything.

So FSG make a confidential offer to Martinez, who mentions it to Whelan, who broadcasts it all over the place. Ignoring the fact that it's a contentious appointment for a moment - FSG should tell Whelan to stick it up his arse. Can you imagine any other club owners behaving like Whelan?

BBC: So do you think Martinez is good enough to get Liverpool to where they want to be?

Whelan: I shouldn't be talking about how good he is as I want to keep him...He's the best young manager in Europe.

Shut your fucking mouth you stupid old twat.

So FSG make a confidential offer to Martinez, who mentions it to Whelan, who broadcasts it all over the place. Ignoring the fact that it's a contentious appointment for a moment - FSG should tell Whelan to stick it up his arse. Can you imagine any other club owners behaving like Whelan?

BBC: So do you think Martinez is good enough to get Liverpool to where they want to be?

Whelan: I shouldn't be talking about how good he is as I want to keep him...He's the best young manager in Europe.

Shut your fucking mouth you stupid old twat.

Enough said I wish the old git would keep it shut.:wallbutt:

I think we need to remember one thing here. Dickhead Whelan isnt trying to keep Martinez he's doing his best to get rid and get a nice load of compo. At no point has he ole twat come out and said i want Martinez to stay. All he says is how he wants him to fuck off to Liverpool.

What does that tell you? He must be tugging away at his shrivelled old todger with glee. ( like Newcastle with Carroll!) A manager who earlier this season was being lined up for the sack wins a couple of games and kneejerk Liverpool assume he is the next Messiah because he managed to save Wigans bacon for another season.

All whelanis doing is to try and loe a lameduck manager and get paid for the priviledge

we should start a twitter rumour

"Concern growing for Dave Whelan as he's not spoken to the press for over an hour"

#davewhelanmightbedead

"Family also worried, 'He seems alive but we've not seen any quotes in print, radio or tv, we're very concerned" #davewhelanmightbedead

can we get that going?

we should start a twitter rumour

"Concern growing for Dave Whelan as he's not spoken to the press for over an hour"

#davewhelanmightbedead

"Family also worried, 'He seems alive but we've not seen any quotes in print, radio or tv, we're very concerned" #davewhelanmightbedead

can we get that going?

Haha done!

Whelan is making a cunt of Martinez with all this media attention, he should have kept his mouth shut and let him meet our owners in private. That way if he doesn't get the job he doesn't look second rate, doesn't have problems with the Wigan fans(all 10 of them) and can get on with next years relegation battle without the extra pressure.

If he doesn't get the job I can see this ending acrimoniously in the press with Whelan and Martinez on one side claiming we offered him the job but he turned us down and FSG on the other denying everything.

He is doing two things.Firstly ramping up the compo payment.Secondly, flaggging up the platform that Wigan provides for a future Wigan manager. If Martinez stays, he is happy. He cannot lose.

"the ECHO understands".. no quotes, so just another page filler.

Our owners should have a few candidates to speak with, my God any job these days as ever has more than 1 candidate.

Compensation..its fucking Wigan, 2 pints of heavy and a pie, now fuck you Whelan with the £2-3 million shite.

During WWII a young David Whelan was single handedly responsible for the loss of more Allied Shipping than the Luftwaffe and the Fuhrer's U- Boat Fleet combined. As a Footballer a touching message from young Thespian William Kenwright a friend for many years hand an prophetic effect? As a Businessman David's self effacing egoless style held him in good stead, another old friend Lord Sir Alan of Sugar describes David as. " Bladdy Diamond " and this man knows quality when he see's it. Now in his twilight years Viscount Whelan Is a man of few words and spends most of his time with his Charity work. The David Whelan Foundation offers many people with Speech Problems the opportunity to step out from the shadows, pipe up, and be all they can be.