You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea have £32.4m bid for Lucas turned down.

We want Moura! Sao Paulo REJECT mega £32m Chelsea bid for Brazilian teenagerBy Sportsmail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 16:41, 23 May 2012 | UPDATED: 17:22, 23 May 2012

Comments (32) Share

Chelsea have had a £32.4million offer for Brazil midfielder Lucas Moura rejected according to Sao Paulo president Juvenal Juvenico.

Moura, 19, has grabbed the attention of Europe's biggest clubs after establishing himself as one of Brazil's most promising young players.

The attacking midfielder has already won 11 caps for his country and Juvenico warned only an 'enormous offer' will prise him away.

Most wanted: Brazil's Lucas Moura (left)

Juvenico claimed a bid of £20.2million from Inter Milan had also already been declined while Real Madrid had made contact to underline the interest.

But after Chelsea's big-money offer Juvenico believes the newly-crowned European champions are leading the race for Moura.

'We did not accept the offer but of course Chelsea is the closest to signing Lucas,' he told Italian website Fcinter1908.com.

'Inter made an offer of £20.2 million, but this was not considered sufficient by us.

Watch Moura in action

'Real Madrid is one of these other interested clubs - there has been contact with the president Florentino Perez, who admires the player.

'Lucas is a big player who will triumph in Europe, but Sao Paulo will only sell him for an enormous offer.'

Asked what Chelsea's bid was, he added: '40million euros.

'I can not say right now (what price Sao Paulo would sell at) because they are assessments that are made taking into account many factors - you know the market.

'But Lucas is a fantastic player with great qualities who is giving so much to the team.'

Glory boys: Chelsea want to strengthen their Champions League winning side this summer

Chelsea's position could be strengthened after they were in negotiations with Sao Paulo only last summer when they competed the signing of young striker Lucas Piazon.

Any fears the teenager would baulk at a move to Europe early in his career could also be aided by walking into a Stamford Bridge dressing room that already boasts Brazil internationals Ramires and David Luiz.

'He is still deciding where he would like his future to be but those clubs that are interested are free to do so,' Juvenico added.

'What must be decided at the end though should be decided with all relevant parties.

'He has had a great time here (at Sao Paulo) and will only leave for an important offer.'

Read more: Chelsea £32.4m bid for Lucas Moura rejected | Mail Online

FFP won't really start to bite for another few years, and considering they've just won the CL i'd say they have the money to splash even before Putin's pal puts his hand in his pocket.

This kind of move is exactly why i don't want us to follow the DoF path too stringently. He's a top class player but whatever manager comes in will be expected to play him even though he isn't their choice, the same as with Lukaku last year.

FFP is based over a 3 year period, and this is the first year that the numbers are relevant, and they are already pissing money away with their current set up. If anything, they need to be reducing their outgoings, and splashing £70m this summer, when they have no players they can sell to raise money, is basically laughing at FFP.

It's ok saying it won't bite, but losses this season go into the pot. They could win the CL for the next 3 years running, and they still wouldn't earn enough to meet the so-called requirements that FFP require from clubs.

Oh look, our rivals strengthening their squads and making moves, Newcastle just about to tie up a few deals and here we are, sat with our cock in our hand looking on.

Fuck it, fuck it anyway.

Exactly what I was thinking. Our club is a fucking joke.

I'm the president of the "Lucas Moura fan club" if there is such a thing ever since I first saw him play about 1.5 years ago for Sao Paulo (I'm from Brasil), and I desperately hope that whole article is a lie.

If we're trying to claw back into the CL places, Chelsea getting a brilliant prospect to play across from (or beside) Mata is not a good thing for us at all. He may take a year or two to get to where he can do it consistently in England, but when he does he will be excellent. I'm sure he's faster than anyone in our side, and I dread the idea of him running with the ball at Enrique.

I'm the president of the "Lucas Moura fan club" if there is such a thing ever since I first saw him play about 1.5 years ago for Sao Paulo (I'm from Brasil), and I desperately hope that whole article is a lie.

If we're trying to claw back into the CL places, Chelsea getting a brilliant prospect to play across from (or beside) Mata is not a good thing for us at all. He may take a year or two to get to where he can do it consistently in England, but when he does he will be excellent. I'm sure he's faster than anyone in our side, and I dread the idea of him running with the ball at Enrique.

It doesn't really make any difference to us. We're pretty much finished as a club capable of winning either the league or the CL.

I guess some might see it that way.

I'm still holding out some faint hope that the owners won't make such a colossal mistake with the manager/DoF appointment. If they get it right, I think we could actually be in a pretty good position going forward. AVB, Segura and Beguiristain would be excellent, add to that 30 million or so, and we could see a serious move into the CL places next season, which would mean we'd be concerned about Chelsea adding top talents.

Of course, that's not what I'm expecting. I'm expecting Martinez/van Gaal, 7th place at Christmas, the fans revolting, van Gaal getting into public disputes with owners/Martinez, and a future at the level of Aston Villa beckoning. But I could be wrong. *crosses fingers

Guest Pistonbroke

When i have watched him play you can understand the hype about him, technically gifted and one of those players who can do mazy runs without the ball hardly leaving his foot. I have noticed he is a greedy fucker though and tries to take too much on himself, fine when he scores but you can see his team mates getting a bit pissed off when his runs lead to nothing. Something he'll have to sort out if he wants to go on to better things or it will become his Achilles heal.