You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

What kind of fucked up bullshit argument is that.

"He's only getting the results because our good players are playing, if they weren't he'd be shit."

I take the point but between them Suarez and Sturridge have 40 goals - that's extraordinary. We still have only one goal from midfield in open play (Henderson against spuds). Without the fantastic performances from those two, we'd be in the bottom half of the table.

As last night perfectly illustrated.

If it's good enough for the Billionaire Boy's Club, it's good enough for the old aristocrats fallen on reduced income, who still have the country pile but need to burn telephone directories to stay warm these days, relatively speaking.

Rodgers has helped make football fun again for me. I really didn't think he was the man to take over when he did, and the general improvement after his first few months has been really encouraging. 

Our squad/team isn't good enough to finish top 4 (just my opinion), so to have us where we are, and blasting teams away as we have is more than I could have hoped for. Of course it'd frustrating in games like West Brom where we don't really look like we're urgently trying to win the game, but the team is still developing. If he actually had the resources to compete at the top end of the market, I think he'd produce a great team.

There are issues with the club currently, but I don't think Rodgers is on that list.

• Upvote 1

The coaching of the defence continues to bemuse me. Take the outrageously obvious shirt-tugging at corners - if that isn't being deliberately coached, why the hell isn't it being stopped? It's being highlighted every week now and it's  only a  matter of  time  before we're used as an example by refs to give a pen, but if anything it's getting worse. Then there's the elementary positional errors at the back, and that tiresome routine the back four go through of passing to each other until the opposition presses right up, after which a defender will panic and slip the ball back to Mignolet to punt up the field just before an attacker catches him in possession. All of that makes me wonder if Pascoe  and Co actually do anything apart from carry cones around  Melwood. 

• Upvote 3

I like Rodgers, I like his positivity, but he's a young coach developing his skills, he'll trip up here and there but at least - barring the odd jetlagged performance - we're exciting to watch.

I still worry that his positivity may blind him to some issues in the team and squad, which may ultimately cost us fourth and him his job though.

• Upvote 1

Deserves massive credit for today and for the way we play football. Fast paced attack pass and move. Yes we have had ups and downs but he has only had one job before this and that was Swansea and he played the same way and I'm older than him (when I still think I may get a call up).

Well fucking done My Rodgers. You have done brilliantly.

• Upvote 3

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just been reading a few of the 'Rodgers Out' type threads from this time last year (or a few months before, actually). *shakes head*

That "arrogance" is becoming aura and gravitas, as every superb performance and result shows he's just a grounded individual with good reason to believe in his methods.

His off-field handling of the press, reaction to controversial decisions and setbacks, and his class when things such as transfers don't go our way, stud an already impressive performance within the coaching and man-management elements of the job he's doing with vitally important substance of character.

Just been reading a few of the 'Rodgers Out' type threads from this time last year (or a few months before, actually). *shakes head*

A lot of football fans would not know what a football looked like if it slapped them in the face. Yet they are the ones who always cry the loudest. Bipolar football fans. We are amazing one minute and then the next, kill everybody, sack the manager, burn the place down etc etc.

• Upvote 1

If there is a better Manager with the Press then im yet to see one. I used to dread our talks cos they used to do my nut in, Hes so good with them i think it rubs off on the side as well, You can actualy imagine how he is with Players just from his talks, He brilliant as i said before he signed for us hes a future Prem Legend, I hope he sticks with LFC as i genuinely belive we can win anything with him. After today ill find it hard to be scared about a game this season thats left.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Link please. I know I'm safe with this one.

I'll PM you. Probably a bit crass to dig them up and throw them in people's faces.
  • Upvote 1