You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

A worse appointment than Hodgson in my opinion.

How his track record qualifies him for the role of Liverpool FC manager at such an important time is staggering.

I was 99% sure Dalglish would be sacked but I was equally sure the Americans would then quickly unveil a master plan that would get the fans excited and get us back up the table ASAP. How wrong I was, I wouldn't be bothered if they sold up and left now.

Hope the fella does well but fuck me I couldn't be less excited if I tried.

Its your opinion and a wrong one at that..

Drama Queens drama queening again.

Media been blowing sunshine out of his arse for months.

See how long it lasts now he's our manager.

Is it fuck. Hodgson was a proven mediocrity through 35(!) years of expewience. Rodgers is young and could go either way.

If it's done, then it's done and welcome the lad!

Enough said.

Its your opinion and a wrong one at that..

How can his opinion be wrong, we will only find out after at least a year.

Well i cant hide my disappointment, i really did want Rafa back and i think he would have done the business again, and so it seems does quite a few of his old players.

BUT..... If Brendan Rogers is our new manager i hope he has a blinder and gets us back up to the top as quick as he can. And as with every new manager who takes on the job, i will get behind him and give him my support 100% when i get to the match.

And im sure so will other Reds. All the best Brendan. Your a lucky boy.

Who reiterated what ?

Well what was actually said:

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina admitted he would have liked to have seen Benitez return.

'For many of my colleagues and me, Rafa Benitez would be the ideal candidate," he said.

'It is true I'm not objective, it is the coach who most shaped me ... [he] is the best.'

Brendan Rodgers on brink of Liverpool deal | Mail Online

From the Daily Fail, but point still stands.

Can we now stop the drama Dicko?

Who reiterated what ?
Speaking to Radio Marca, Reina said:

“The truth is that they have sounded out a lot of coaches [for Liverpool FC].

“Obviously whoever it is will be welcomed at the club but Rafa Benitez, for me, is the coach who made me and I cannot be objective about him because, for me and, I believe, for a lot of my team mates, he is the best and in my opinion would be the ideal candidate.”

Here you go.

I'm reasonably pleased given the alternatives. Under no circumstances did I want Martinez, however given the things I've read about Rodgers, his dedication and general philosophy I can see things going pretty well as long as he is given a little time to implement his way of doing things.

I'm most definitely of the opinion we should have gone for someone who'd been there and done it before (such as Van Gaal or something similar to the Rafa appointment in 2004) but really who else was available?

If the Van Gaal appointment is confirmed and Rodgers is the Manager then I am fairly happy. I would rather have him than Martinez and I never, ever wanted AVB, Benitez or Cappello and, lets get real, all the other Managers fucked us off.

So, welcome and good luck.

Well what was actually said:

Liverpool goalkeeper Jose Reina admitted he would have liked to have seen Benitez return.

'For many of my colleagues and me, Rafa Benitez would be the ideal candidate," he said.

'It is true I'm not objective, it is the coach who most shaped me ... [he] is the best.'

Brendan Rodgers on brink of Liverpool deal | Mail Online

From the Daily Fail, but point still stands.

Can we now stop the drama Dicko?

Stop what drama?

Everything in that quote is what I said to Dr J.

You think Rodgers is a better choice than Van Gaal, Benitez, AVB & Capello.

I don't.

Is that ok with you?

Rapidly becoming a few people's favourite word, especially when there is no actual drama but they'd like to create the impression there is.

Amazes me how people want to be instantly brainwashed. I'm sure we'll all cheer the team on, and if he does well, he'll gain our respect. As it ever was.

Originally Posted by dobbalina

A worse appointment than Hodgson in my opinion

How can his opinion be wrong, we will only find out after at least a year.

And as with every new manager who takes on the job, i will get behind him and give him my support 100% when i get to the match.

And im sure so will other Reds. All the best Brendan. Your a lucky boy.

You can´t compare a Windows 3.1 with Windows 7. You cant even say that 3.1 was better than 7. One was not innovative and was stuck in its old ways whilst Windows 7 became the standard that now all OS look up to.

The chance of Hodgson succeeding was small compare to Brendan.

All I want is our fans to give the guy a fair chance.

Does not look likely though.

Stop what drama?

Everything in that quote is what I said to Dr J.

You think Rodgers is a better choice than Van Gaal, Benitez, AVB & Capello.

I don't.

Is that ok with you?

What did you get from that article that Reina wants to go?

Just curious like.

I pray to the footballing gods that first and foremost Brendan Rodgers is a ruthless fecking bastard who will ask for transfer sheets from any cunt player who wishes Kenny, or Rafa or anybody else was in his place.

Well then Reina will be the first out the door seeing as he reiterated that today. Good luck in finding someone better than him.

What did you get from that article that Reina wants to go?

Just curious like.

Eh?

I never said Reina wants to go.

I think you have your wires crossed.

Apologies for the Shankly typo, supposed to be working here and typing at 100 miles an hour when nobody is looking.

Huge, huge gamble by FSG and exactly the opposite of what we need right now in my opinion. We don't need "Unproven", "Could be", "Might do", we need a proven winner who will come in and shake the fucking club up from top to bottom. I've looked at Rodgers record and I just don't see what he's achieved for him to end up at Liverpool Football Club.

Hodgson was a shocker but he'd just beaten Juventus amongst others, reached a european final with a horribly mediocre team and was a media darling. Can't stand the man but I can see why people could make a case for him.

When it comes to the new season I'll be behind Rodgers 100%, going the games and buying all the shit the club churns out for the kids. However, I'm worried. If this goes wrong it's unthinkable that yet again we start looking for another manager.

Would be more than happy to be very, very wrong about Rodgers and FSG.