You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

These are the pricks who apointed Commolli on a wedge who then signed shite like Hendo, Carroll etc.

But no reason not to truth their judgement.

So those signings had nothing to do with the manager?

I totally agree that Comolli was both an unnecessary and a shite apointment, but, ffs, let's put the blame for those signing where it belongs, shall we? If anyone but Kenny had signed them, there would not even be an argument about it.

So those signings had nothing to do with the manager?

I totally agree that Comolli was both an unnecessary and a shite apointment, but, ffs, let's put the blame for those signing where it belongs, shall we? If anyone but Kenny had signed them, there would not even be an argument about it.

Well, Commolli was effectively paid millions to do nothing then but be Kenny's lackey. I know thats the prevailing view, Kenny signed these players, yeah right, like Rogers signs the players now, except he hasnt bar his frist transfer window.

Ive never accepted the version of events where Kenny signed shite like Carroll for £35M and Downing for £20m, etc, etc.

He was not trusted with that. The owners are proud promotors of the wank WOF system whereby the manager makes do with what the DOF gives him.

Guest San Don
There is a third way, stop wasting what little money we do have!

Ha! This is football we're talking about. All clubs 'waste' money. Do you think they do that deliberately (this is a rhetorical question, dennis)?

Of course they dont. To suggest clubs wantonly waste money is absurd. All clubs try to stop 'wasting' money but, given football's nature, its just not possible to eradicate it completely.

You're clearly not grasping this are you?

To buy and pay the wages of 2, 3, 4 or more 'stellar' players, you need a mega rich owner like mansour, comerade abramovich or some other Qataari. Without that, you aint going to be able to afford more than one.

In other words, we wouldnt have been able to afford a FT and Luis suarez, etc if we were buying them for the fees we got \ want for them. There's no magic wand to bring in a mega rich Qataari owner.

And even if there was, I dont like the idea that Liverpool FC would become their personal play thing. No doubt some people would.

Of course I grasp it - its just a shit argument unless you want to accept mediocracy.

FSG are smart business men and should have known what pool they were swimming in - if you cant compete - then don't buy a team like Liverpool who have an expectation. Buy a team like Norwich etc if you want to buy low and sell high.

Also, don't tell everyone that you can compete - whether one off or not and tell everyone you are here to win - when by your admission, we have no chance of doing so.

You have to compliment stellar players with stellar players -If you only have one at a time, don't be surprised as to where we are.

As far as personal playthings are concerned, I take your point as the foundations are often built on sand ( Malaga ) but we already have the foundations, just FSG cant/wont build on it.

I really don't know how much money that have access to, but i'm sure they should be able to grow LFC on the pitch as well as off it

Guest Numero Veinticinco
There is a third way, stop wasting what little money we do have!

Do you have any idea how delusional that would sound to just about any other club in the league outside of City and Chelsea? Since narrowly losing out to United in 2009, we've outspent them, both net and gross. Little money? We're spending more than we ever have before.

Of course I grasp it - its just a shit argument unless you want to accept mediocracy.

FSG are smart business men and should have known what pool they were swimming in - if you cant compete - then don't buy a team like Liverpool who have an expectation. Buy a team like Norwich etc if you want to buy low and sell high.

Also, don't tell everyone that you can compete - whether one off or not and tell everyone you are here to win - when by your admission, we have no chance of doing so.

You have to compliment stellar players with stellar players -If you only have one at a time, don't be surprised as to where we are.

As far as personal playthings are concerned, I take your point as the foundations are often built on sand ( Malaga ) but we already have the foundations, just FSG cant/wont build on it.

I really don't know how much money that have access to, but i'm sure they should be able to grow LFC on the pitch as well as off it

What exactly is it you want/expect them to do? Arsenal's record transfer is £15m, we've spent equal or in excess of that 5 times (would have been 6 if we'd landed Mkhitaryan) since FSG have been here, including the (at the time) 8th most expensive transfer in the sport's history. We've offered lucrative new contracts to our best players and the only wage trimming we've done is in shifting those whose performances weren't justifying the massive amounts of money we were paying them.

What exactly is it you want/expect them to do? Arsenal's record transfer is £15m, we've spent equal or in excess of that 5 times (would have been 6 if we'd landed Mkhitaryan) since FSG have been here, including the (at the time) 8th most expensive transfer in the sport's history. We've offered lucrative new contracts to our best players and the only wage trimming we've done is in shifting those whose performances weren't justifying the massive amounts of money we were paying them.

Everton also finished above us. Arsenal have won fuck all for years and celebrate finishing 4th. What's your point?

Guest San Don

No, you dont grasp it. Where is the money coming from to pay for buying 3 or 4 stellar players and their near 200k a week wages? How can LFC afford to pay 3 or 4 players nearly £3m to £4m a month and pay the other members of the squad?

Once again, FSG as a sports group. So, by your logic they shouldnt have bought LFC. That being the case, we'd be like Glasgow Rangers now, broke albeit not having to re apply to the football league for a place in League two.

How the fuck would we hold onto existing players if that happened never mind signing any decent player?

Fans dont want to hear that the team cant compete even if that may be the brutal truth. Personally I dont need an owner to tell me what we are capable of or incapable of. Sadly some dont see it that way.

No one disputes that but the bottom line is, where's the money coming from? Its easy to say 'you shouldnt have bought the club' but there were no other credible buyers.

So if we accept FSG cant spend the money, what do you propose? New owners? Go right ahead and find them. Oh, and be careful what you wish for because the next owners could just as easily be worse than the two previous cowboys.

Guest San Don
Everton also finished above us. Arsenal have won fuck all for years and celebrate finishing 4th. What's your point?

Er, we won the league cup in 2012, something neither the shite nor arse did. The shite finished above us last season when we had a new manager. Do you think martinez is going to finish above us this year?

Guest San Don
Liverpool chairman Tom Werner says Kenny Dalglish won't follow Damien Comolli | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Liverpool chairman says Dalglish won't follow Comolli

Liverpool chairman Tom Werner has explained that Damien Comolli was not the right man to lead the Reds' transfer plans, but he assured fans that Kenny Dalglish's job at Anfield is safe.

Director of football Comolli left on Thursday by mutual consent, citing "family reasons" for his departure. Dalglish later defended the work of the Frenchman, who has been questioned over the big-money captures of Andy Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing following a disappointing campaign at Anfield.

Dalglish claimed every signing was his own transfer target, made reality by the work of Comolli, but Werner shed a different light on the situation with his explanation for the back-room shake-up.

"We feel there is enough talent on the pitch to win and we've been dissatisfied, as most supporters have been, with the results so far," Werner said. "But we're also talking about the future - we have a strategy we need implemented and we felt Damien was probably not the right person to implement that strategy."

The "disappointment" expressed by Werner in the team's results could easily be construed as a criticism of manager Dalglish, whose team currently sit eighth in the league table. But the chairman remains convinced the right man is at the helm.

"We've got great confidence in Kenny. We feel the team is going to make strides in the future and he enjoys our full support," stated Werner.

"I think it's fair to say no supporter would be delighted with the results we've achieved this year. We feel we are a club that needs to be perceived as the strongest club in football and we want to get there.

"Frankly, we make these decisions with a great deal of care because it's our track record in Boston to give people authority and we've had great success with our manager, who was there for eight years, and our general manager, so we prefer stability."

The significant financial outlay since the arrival of Dalglish and Comolli, which tops £100 million, has so far only yielded a Carling Cup success - with Champions League qualification realistically off the agenda until next season. That will not stop the Reds spending more this summer though, and a replacement for Comolli will arrive.

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football," Werner promised. "I wouldn't want to get specific about any particular decision that's been made.

"But when it's time to act, we need to act. We're coming close to the end of the season and the transfer window for the summer, and we felt it was important to make this change [to remove Comolli] expeditiously.

"We're still confident the structure we've discussed is the right structure. That doesn't mean we won't look at tweaking it, but we feel a collective group of people making football decisions is healthy. The debate is healthy. Part of the reason we made this decision now is because we want to start the process of finding an excellent replacement."

Well?

Thanks for producing the whole article in context. It wasnt hard was it?

Clearly he was wrong and being swept along in the moment.

Even when it is in black and white you still won't have it and will find a way to apologise for them. You asked for the proof it was said, now you have it.

You mention that fans don't want the brutal truth, well it is better than being told lies.

Yes. FSG saved us from going under, but they didn't do so for our benefit, it was done cos they saw an opportunity to get into the biggest global sport there is. They had no love for LFC. Henry regaled us about reading up on the club so he knew the history and ethos. We exist to win trophies???

Guest San Don
Even when it is in black and white you still won't have it and will find a way to apologise for them. You asked for the proof it was said, now you have it.

The original poster wouldnt find it. Someone else did. In full as I requested. I dont think he lied when he said what he did. Like I said, he was probably caught up in the moment. If you dont like it, fine.

Where are you going to find new owners?

You talk like you'd won the euro millions and was going to buy this mansion, this fast car, this yatch etc, etc. You havent won the euromillions and talk is cheap.

I dont see any credible buyer for LFC on the horizon yet you want rid of the current ones. What sort of strategy is that?

You mention that fans don't want the brutal truth, well it is better than being told lies.

I agree fans should be told honestly. Equally some people wont like that. Its clear you wouldnt like FSG coming out and saying we cant compete with the top clubs in England or Europe.

Yes. FSG saved us from going under, but they didn't do so for our benefit, it was done cos they saw an opportunity to get into the biggest global sport there is. They had no love for LFC. Henry regaled us about reading up on the club so he knew the history and ethos. We exist to win trophies???

So only someone who's already bought or been involved with a football club should buy us or, no new people should buy into football clubs? That's some weird fucking logic.

And I think you'll find henry at least owned the club when it won its last trophy in 2012, the first since 2006. Remember?

What kind of owners do you want, marko? Any idea? Whoever you get is going to smoke LFC's pipe. You're just a sucker if you take it at face value in the first place.

Other than a billionaire's plaything, pretty much everyone would run the club in the same manner. You want a sugar daddy, then?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't think he was actually wrong. Having the money to compete with anybody doesn't mean we can spend as much as them, but that we have adequate money to compete with them for titles.

Even then, we've outspent the league champions (and the champions in 3 out of the last 5 seasons) net and gross since we only just lost out to them in 2009. I'd say that the amount we've had to spend hasn't really been the problem. I think we've got enough money to compete.

I don't think we're ever going to match the teams wiling to pay players 250k per week just to attract them to the club. Then again, I don't particularly want us to pay players that much. It's unsustainable in the long term.

Right' date=' try and be clear and retreive you from your tangent.

I didnt say you were apathetic, that was in relation to something San Don said.

Next I need more than 'your hunch' or a 'spade in the ground' to make a full judgement etc.

Next, you, and most fans since Broughton pumped his fist, appear already placated, write to the club let them know, it will save them millions on PR and fan forum sampling etc

Next, Impotent ranting? Well, Im confused, you mock me by making out Im planning a protest and say I should protest, I say Ive never threatened to protest, I point this out and then you say 'impotent ranting wont work'. We come full circle.

Despite you cynically suggesting the owners do listen and pay attention to such things for no purpose but to placate the masses and provides good PR, I actually disagree, Hodgson was gone pretty sharpish when the natives got restless and they do listen and act accordingly, they are very open on the football side to advice, a bit too open for some peoples liking.

Ive made it clear, 'what I want' and thats for us not to waste time and resources on the one position in our team that is actually stable while the other positions are not addressed.

In fact, Im of the same view, as the majority of posters on here was before Reina was suddenly loaned out.

It is you guys who have suddenly changed opinion, I dont understand why, Reina had a good season, Ive been given three examples of mistakes which were in games where those mistakes were either side of great saves and suddenly he's been shit for three years.

When you say I agitate for change, I have not changed, you dudes have agitated for change, prompted retrospectivally by the owners/and or Rogers decisions.

Its not even totally clear who is to blame for this debbarcle.

Rogers has been claiming (With a straight face and a zero net transfer budget) he brought Migno is as £9m competition, he provided Reina with inexplicable droppings last year and putting a 2nd divison standard goalie in Brad Jones last year for no discernable reason

Rogers has been banging on on competition for Reina, maybe he doesnt fancy Reina, if thats the case he hasnt had the ballls to admit it.

The owners will apparently, based on the Echo not countenance having a £100,000 a week player on the bench, however will pay most of those wages, provided he's turning out for someone else.

They also dont like players over 30 even though they make the best goalies.

Both of them and Rogers applauded and offered Reina a new contract last January on the back of the two poor *by his standards* seasons that where under a different manager and everyone is now saying is the reason for him being moved on?

It makes no fucking sense, he's shit for two years, new manager comes in, after 6 months Reina is given a new deal,. End of season he is loaned out, to a CL club with a hundred mill to spend, while we pay half his wage, we spend £9m on a replacement.

And yo wonder why I might have a problem with the above.

ARE YOU ALL INSANE????

oh one more thing, impotent rambling, if you cant have a view on a LFC forum then where can you?

I must have missed the point of a forum.[/quote']

I'm placated am I? By what? I told you before I don't take anything at face value. I can, however, see the logic in putting Reina out on loan.

If you don't understand why players, and managers for that matter, are given new deals when on the face of it it may defy logic, then I suggest you sit down for a bit and think it through.

We don't know the terms of the loan deal. Are we paying half his salary, all of it, none of it? Is there a callback clause? Was there an upfront payment? Did we try to sell him before we put him out on loan? Is there an arrangement with Barca?

I don't know, and neither does anyone else on here, which is great because it allows us all to speculate and spout to suit our own agenda.

For example, your assertion that the goalkeeping situation was 'stable' is based on ignorance of any discussions between Reina and the club.

Rodgers may have spouted all sorts in the media but we both know that is a combination of political correctness, public relations, self aggrandisement and a pathological need to keep rambling which you at least must have a little empathy with. Bullshitting in public is a key responsibility of any football manager.

I am not agitating. I would like FSG to shit or get off the pot, but only if the next owner's flush.

Guest San Don
I don't think he was actually wrong. Having the money to compete with anybody doesn't mean we can spend as much as them, but that we have adequate money to compete with them for titles.

Even then, we've outspent the league champions (and the champions in 3 out of the last 5 seasons) net and gross since we only just lost out to them in 2009. I'd say that the amount we've had to spend hasn't really been the problem. I think we've got enough money to compete.

I don't think we're ever going to match the teams wiling to pay players 250k per week just to attract them to the club. Then again, I don't particularly want us to pay players that much. It's unsustainable in the long term.

I dont think your summation is far from the truth. But people like our friend marko and dirk grout dont see it like that. They read a statement as 'having the resources to compete with anyone' as just that then, seem to expect the club's owners to be able to buy 3 or 4 stellar players and pay these wages of 200k and up a week.

If they cant, according to marko they should fuck off. What a joke that is.

Some people take football far, far too seriously.

Yes and a toxic mix when combined with stifling negativity. Whatever BR or FSG does, it won't be enough or won't be right - ever. something wrong in their personal lives if you ask me. And don't give me this "so you support FSG blindly"

bs- one can look at things dispassionately and decide pro or con, but when everything is con- maybe it's your outlook that should be questioned.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I dont think your summation is far from the truth. But people like our friend marko and dirk grout dont see it like that. They read a statement as 'having the resources to compete with anyone' as just that then, seem to expect the club's owners to be able to buy 3 or 4 stellar players and pay these wages of 200k and up a week.

If they cant, according to marko they should fuck off. What a joke that is.

Of course, they also leave out the talk of being self-sufficient and spending what we earn that has been their ethos from day one. It's part of the reason why they're not happy to allow a 31 year old keeper to collect £110,000.00 a week for sitting on the bench.

I actually said, and it was unpopular, that we need a rich billionaire who is willing to spend hundreds of millions if we're after a quick fix. We didn't get one, so there's no real quick fix. I'm actually surprised at how quickly Rodgers has got the team together. Assuming we get another couple of decent players in, especially a quality defender, then we can take another stop forward.

The original poster wouldnt find it. Someone else did. In full as I requested. I dont think he lied when he said what he did. Like I said, he was probably caught up in the moment. If you dont like it, fine.

Where are you going to find new owners?

You talk like you'd won the euro millions and was going to buy this mansion, this fast car, this yatch etc, etc. You havent won the euromillions and talk is cheap.

I dont see any credible buyer for LFC on the horizon yet you want rid of the current ones. What sort of strategy is that?

I agree fans should be told honestly. Equally some people wont like that. Its clear you wouldnt like FSG coming out and saying we cant compete with the top clubs in England or Europe.

So only someone who's already bought or been involved with a football club should buy us or, no new people should buy into football clubs? That's some weird fucking logic.

And I think you'll find henry at least owned the club when it won its last trophy in 2012, the first since 2006. Remember?

I don't think we will ever agree on this, I can however respect your point of view. Talk is cheap, you are right - for FSG also.

I didn't say that only people who know football should buy us. When did I say that? What I will say that if you don't know the sport you are buying into ( I wouldn't have a clue what to do with a baseball team) then you research the sport and league you are buying into and/or surround yourselves with people who do ( we have Ayre)

Guest San Don

What sort of maths does dennis do when he says we are paying all of reina's wages while on loan but, its reported we'll be saving £4m on his wages!? Is reina on £8m a year then?