You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Comolli

Ted

Interesting and I am pleased about it since I have never fully understood what a DoF does (though Bayern Munich don't seem to be doing too badly having had one for 30 years).

I hope we do not get another one.

Mixed blessing for Kenny as the pressure in the summer will be all on him and I think he is getting off very lightly if this is the only action taken. I do not believe for one second that the signings had nothing to do with him.

Pressure will be on him, and I suspect that was the whole point of the thing from the owners point of view. If it does not work out next year, he will be next in line.

Well clearly the owners, who might actually have a clue in these matters seeing as their the ones who know how they run their own club disagree. I'd tend to go with their judgement on this. Sorry to disappoint all the Kenny haters but clearly they have had their meeting with Kenny and the outcome was not to go against him but to go with him and get rid of the pointless middleman. Clearly they have listened to him and the fans and looked at the set up and made a decision. What you think/wish about Kenny being culpable is bollocks, its time to revise that beleif as I have never thought Kenny was signing this shit, Ive maintained that from day one on here and the owners would appear to back me up.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be paranoid after the last owners, but todays events makes me really worried. Not that bothered about Commoli leaving in itself, but from Kennys interview it seems clear that he didn't want Commoli. The phrase "I suppose there is not much in football which comes as a surprise" seems to indicate that he isn't too happy about the decision. And he doesn't mention the supposed familiy reasons at all.

I just hope this isn't an indication of more "civil war" in the club, like in the past. This club really needs everyone pulling together, not more turmoil at Melwood and in the boardroom.

I disagree mate I think it is a sign of decisive ownership and prob just what we need. Changes need to be made to the staff and it is being done. I don't think this will be the last either.

Oh & Just for good measure now I think of it? I wouldn't be surprised if the continued Utterly baffling omission of Maxi Rodriguez despite his phenomenal run of starts & goals for us & the continued use of Downing instead of him was Commolli's doing as well - Again? His signing gets time despite being useless much of the time

Cheese and pilau rice!

Well clearly the owners, who might actually have a clue in these matters seeing as their the ones who know how they runt heir own club disagree.

Get to fuck! You of all posters coming up with a statement like that!

Get lost Dennis, any other aspect of life and you would have been calling them clueless idiots, at any other time you would never have anything good to say about CEO's and you know it.

Looks like FSG came over, asked the same questions that we have done for a while about what it is that Commolli actually does, realised that a fella coming in for a couple of hours per week could fulfill the same role and have decided to 'cut the wage bill'.

There is no way the Summer signings can be blamed on him though, they were all Kennys.

You really dont know jackshit about that now do you?.And here was me thinking you werent about to chat shit.

Get to fuck! You of all posters coming up with a statement like that!

Get lost Dennis, any other aspect of life and you would have been calling them clueless idiots, at any other time you would never have anything good to say about CEO's and you know it.

No I was. On here yesterday in fact and have called them on this consistently on here for bringing in Commolli and that he was the one signing players with Kenny having to be diplomatic over it to prevent another media shitfest for the good of the club. I have said this all year, as have a small minority on here.

However they have taken action and I appluad them massively for this provided they now give Kenny full backing, full remit and their full confidence. Their statements appear to indicate that they are.

No I was. On here yesterday in fact and have called them on this consistently on here for bringing in Commolli and that he was the one signing players with Kenny having to be diplomatic over it to prevent another media shitfest for the good of the club. I have said this all year, as have a small minority on here.

However they have taken action and I appluad them massively for this provided they now give Kenny full backing, full remit and their full confidence. Their statements appear to indicate that they are.

Kenny thinks you are talking rubbish!

Not me, I think you have valid points but Kenny clearly thinks that you don't know what you are talking about!

"I had a fantastic working and personal relationship with Damien since he came here," said Dalglish. "It is disappointing but I suppose there is not much in football which comes as a surprise.

"He has been really helpful in every transfer target we've gone for. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in. It is sad to see anyone leave the football club and he goes with my best wishes and hopefully it is not long before we meet again. We wish him well with everything that he does."

Liverpool part company with director of football Damien Comolli | Football | guardian.co.uk

Dennis Tooth? Agree re' the bad signings & DC's culpability (off topic? Has anyone ever seen a DOF at the training ground with His initials on a jacket before in the way we Always saw Commolli on LFCTV? A little to self-involved if you ask me) Anyhow? I believe Kenny may have had Some influence on signing the likes of Suarez, Coates, Bellamy & maybe Adam. Think whilst Adam is a clear case of him possibly overestimating ability due to nationality? The others All show Kenny still has as good an eye for a player as he ever had & they All show an intelligence & strategic plan/depth of thought put into them that frankly? I don't think Commolli was capable of - As further evidenced by his utterly mad mission to seemingly drive out of our squad every single half-decent player with footballing intelligence & skill & replace them with Overpriced British Players. I think Kenny had Some input & arranged/attempted to force what good signings he could for us in that respect but the main culpability for Most of the transfer disasters under FSG thus far? Quite clearly rests in Commolli's court - Now? That's earned him the bullet & rightly so...................

The players have us eighth in the table, not the price we paid for them. And being eighth is our biggest problem right now. I personally think you are looking in the wrong direction for the cause of our current woes.

And you're assuming there is only one problem. His job was to make sure the money was used wisely. He's failed. Kenny's job is to get the most out of the players. He's failed too.

We'll probably have to move fast with the Euros coming up' date=' so i'd be surprised if we weren't at least laying the groundwork for going after our targets now. Scouting, preliminary contact with clubs etc.

If Comolli was deemed the brain behind our less than stellar signings and the fees paid then it makes sense to move him on now rather than letting the saga drag into what will seem a very short transfer window in which to work.[/quote']

Exactly, quite straightforward, why do all the tards have an issue with this, we dont just make moves in the window you know, we actually are working on stuff 365 days a year. Fancy that.

Ahhh good, so you see the point I was making.

Yes, that Carroll isn't worth £35m. And I agree and so does the entire footballing world. Kenny got most of his first choice transfers. If he didn't, the accusation of 'the manager wasn't backed in the market' would have been rightly levelled at FSG.

But Kenny was backed and he got his players. And it is those players that now have us 8th. Not the ridiculously absurd amounts we paid for them. If we paid half thhe reported fees, the players would still have us 8th and who would folk like 'the boy' be blaming then?

Edited by Major Tom

And you're assuming there is only one problem. His job was to make sure the money was used wisely. He's failed. Kenny's job is to get the most out of the players. He's failed too.

Nar he hasnt, the squad is full of shite, we've been inconsistent in the league and lie behind better squads. Go figure. We are where we should be exactly given the cup runs.

Yep, Commolli sure did fail. But ultimately he was caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. Pay the asking price and you overpay, which we certainly did. Don't; and you undermine your manager right from the very start.

Piscinin? Think Kenny's done his best to get out of the players what he can but in truth? There's not much he Can get out of a lot of them without burning out the few good ones in double quick time hence his odd substitutions & regular rotation explained - It was probably? To preserve the legs on the few really good players we Still have that haven't burned out completely, been alienated or sold as a result of Commolli's strange to say the least recruitment policies of late.

And yes I know that's an awful indictment on the buying policy of our (now former) DOF as most of the purchases Kenny is striving to maximise & failing with due to their sheer inability or laziness? Were His choice - Not Kenny's. So? There is your answer Major Tom - The players might be at fault for us being 8th & thus culpable for some of the blame for our current predicament but I ask you again? Who bought them since the sheer waste of money on many of them? Was a sacking offence if ever there was one.

Well anyway today? I think we've just Had our answer & really? It doesn't leave room for much more to be said no? Thanks Damien for trying but you really weren't good enough - A quick divorce is in all our best interests & thus the Decree Absolute is delivered & we've gone our separate ways as of today - It was Always going to happen & is quite clearly for the best & Now? On & upwards we go.................

Edited by Redshadow

Guest the boy
But Kenny was backed and he got his players. And it is those players that now have us 8th. Not the ridiculously absurd amounts we paid for them. If we paid half thhe reported fees, the players would still have us 8th and who would folk like 'the boy' be blaming then?

Can you not comprehend that I find both Dalglish and Commoli to be responsible for our predicament, but that their faults should be assigned differently?

Nar he hasnt, the squad is full of shite, we've been inconsistent in the league and lie behind better squads. Go figure. We are where we should be exactly given the cup runs.

No we're not, and suggesting such is as ridiculous as absolving Commoli for the blame of wasting a large percentage of the club's resources.

Not me, I think you have valid points but Kenny clearly thinks that you don't know what you are talking about!

"I had a fantastic working and personal relationship with Damien since he came here," said Dalglish. "It is disappointing but I suppose there is not much in football which comes as a surprise.

"He has been really helpful in every transfer target we've gone for. Everyone who has come into the club since Damien has been here was of my choice. Once I made the choice who I wanted Damien went away and did a fantastic job of bringing them in. It is sad to see anyone leave the football club and he goes with my best wishes and hopefully it is not long before we meet again. We wish him well with everything that he does."

Saved me the bother.

Liverpool part company with director of football Damien Comolli | Football | guardian.co.uk

I'd expect him to say exactly that though. I think it is usual diplomatic stuff from Kenny. Would people expect him to come out and blame Commolli, slag him off and say he fucked up? Not going to happen is it, maybe Rafa would have but its not how Kenny works. He'd rather share blame he is undeserving of in order not to allow someone take the blame on their own, even if it is their own fault. Thats the sign of a great leader a great man and ultimately a great manager.

Even if that is true, Commolli still messed up on the fees. Blown the whole budget when we might have had enough left over to sign a couple of strikers.