You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who could we realistically get?

lebron

Newcastle sign players on ridiculous contracts which you'd fume about if it was us

Ba can leave for 3m in the summer, top draw that isnt it from Newcastle?

No idea about their wages, how do you know?

Ba was an excellent signing on a free, yes.

Cabaye, Tiote and Santon also good signings. About £15m for the three of them.

Why bother pretending they've not been brilliant at getting players in?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest the boy
Souness has us even worse than this

In terms of performances on the pitch, yes, but points wise relative to the top teams he didn't. Barring Hodgson's spell - which is no barometer at all to measure the quality needed - I'd challenge you to name the date we last found ourselves 28 points off the top with 9 games to play. Even in Benitez' final season, when the club was torn asunder and the squad threadbare, we found ourselves 10 points closer to the top. The league performance this season isn't a disappointment, its an absolute disgrace.

Ba can leave for 3m in the summer, top draw that isnt it from Newcastle?

Yes. They took a measured risk against a player with a history of injuries, which did not demand long-term investment. It has paid off royally. Whichever fee they get for the player will pay back several times what they invested - which in itself is success enough - and added to this, they got a superb return from him on the field throughout the season.

Even in Benitez' final season, when the club was torn asunder and the squad threadbare, we found ourselves 10 points closer to the top. The league performance this season isn't a disappointment, its an absolute disgrace.

Wouldn't it be fairer to compare Benitez's first season to this of Dalglish's?

The best thing is to form my opinions about things literally immediately after we've just had a horrible defeat because i dont want to think intelligently about things i just want to be a knee jerk knob, basically.

So let's decide right now who should replace Kenny. Surely there's no way back for him as he's had his 5 minutes.

We'll have to take risks. Spending £5m/£10m on players from around Europe. Other clubs do it.

We've taken risks too, 80 million quid of them. You want more risks?

we're further from the top now than we've been in any of our lifetimes, stop suggesting that this is business as usual for this club. It isn't.

Stop suggesting this is further than we've been in our lifetimes, I remember plenty of years when we were just as far off the top. And it wasn't that long ago either.

So let's decide right now who should replace Kenny. Surely there's no way back for him as he's had his 5 minutes.

He's here until he says otherwise, so the fans have no choice but to get behind him, as there is literally no other candidate available, wanted or willing to take on this job.

I said last year that no European football this year wouldn't help us. It hasn't helped us. Next year, we're back in Europe and able to attract a better class of player than we have in the past 12 months. Until then, we have a cup to fight for.

If the world was fair, Coro, we wouldn't be subjected to things like this thread.

That's very true.

The insanity within our support grows.

Four names - Moores, Parry, Hicks, Gillett.

They set us back a few years.

Trying to turn a bad situation into a good situation takes time, there will be ups and downs. If our supporters had a better understanding of this, if our supporters focused less on what our rivals are doing, if our supporters focused more on the present than on our illustrious history, then that may well serve to help the team in some way, maybe even take some of the pressure off the manager and create an all around better atmosphere in which the club could once again begin to thrive.

But as you say, the world isn't fair and the majority of people are either far too cynical, paranoid, demanding, deluded or just plain stupid.

Very shocked and angry about the result last night but the overall game of football was pritty decent and that has been the case in the majority of games this season, also due to the lack of goals its easy for the OP to say he is not happy with things on the pitch but off the pitch? I think apart from certain things in the suarez affair we have been imprecably managed off the pitch but that was not kennys fault, that was the lawyer side of things.

The media have this nack of making people think otherwise by spouting shite week in week out but in my opinion kenny has handeled things off the pitch greatly.

As for a new manager I can see the frustration with people after games like last night but we dont need to be calling for kennys head, no way. To many times when a game is lost fans from all clubs call for the manager, but apart from goals i think football wise, defensive wise, skill wise wise we have been up there with the top 4. Its just goals that have cost us.

I think the owners want success but i dont think it was their brief to go all out and win it the first season. I am sure with their background they know the essence of 'building' a team and the ups and downs that it brings. Yes they said top 4 was a priority, they are hardly going top comwe out and say their happy with top 7 etc but deep down know that a building project in on the cards.

Rather than moan and groan lets stay on our feet on the weekend, to many times have i seen us all desprate to sit down within the first 3 minutes and the atmospher is shite. If we show them passion and support fully get behind them for every tackle, corner, attack then it can only be a good thing wether its Wigan or not.

Hope to god KK isn't going anywhere, give him time for fuck sake were not chelsea (Hodgson shouldn't have been there in the first place)

Kenny knows what we need to do, him alone can attract decent players and were not by any means skint. Henderson and Carroll have had their bedding in time so hopefully by next season will be better - his biggest mistake for me has been adam but had he produced his blackpool form then he would have been decent.

our biggest problem is we are surrounded by teams with more money that us and thats all it fucking boils down to.

Kenny is the man to lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.

Now fuck off with the hypothetical shite, you wouldn't have started this thread if you didn't want a change of manager you cheb.

Guest davelfc

Kenny needs time. After all we had been through before we're lucky to be where we are. Look at Rangers if you want to see an example, we could have been deducted points and under uncle woy maybe even relegated.

It's not fun not knowing which Liverpool will turn up to a game, or which Liverpool will suddenly appear during a game. But this isn't a new thing, we've been hit and miss for a very long time.

I think we should 'walk on' weather this and give Kenny the chance to build something. Although I'll admit, he has dragged us down, to Wembley twice!

I'm old enough to remember another Scottish manager who had a crap first season just down the East Lancs Road, and much as it pains me to say it, he seems to have done alright. They stuck by him, and we should do the same

Ferguson was 45 when he joined United. Kenny's 61.

How is this a relevant comparison?

Errr...what has age got to do with it?

Well, if we are hoping that we should give Kenny time, and then use fucking Ferguson as the example, it would only be fair to point out that Ferguson had relative youth and time on his side.

To further illustrate the stupidity of the comparison, using a similar timescale, we could expect Kenny to deliver us the title when he's about 67, and his 12th while in charge by the time he's about 85.

I'm still firmly of the opinion that it is the poor quality of the players, rather than any tactical issue, that means we are struggling this season. Even Suarez is looking like his boots are made of lead at the moment.

Blame Kenny for the purchases of such players, but there's not much wrong with how we set up and the tempo we try to set. We just can't pass or shoot well enough.

We'll probably sell another couple of our better players to fund whatever we do anyway. Could see Johnson being sold to help purchase a big signing. Maxi is already out the door, Kuyt is as good as gone i reckon, Bellamy? All ageing players admittedly, but still better than the crap we bought to replace them. As were Raul, Aquilani and even Joe fucking Cole before them.

I'm old enough to remember another Scottish manager who had a crap first season just down the East Lancs Road, and much as it pains me to say it, he seems to have done alright. They stuck by him, and we should do the same. Otherwise we might as well buy a bunch of plastic flags and move to west London.

It wasn't that crap. Ferguson took over the scum in November when they were 2nd from bottom and took them to 11th. Maybe the following season where he took then to 2nd (9 points off us) would be a better comparison.

I don't want Rafa, he had his shot and failed in the end. Villa Boas is actually great for us, especially long term. But we have Kenny - and thats that.

LOL @ the retard suggesting Klopp. Why the hell would that guy even consider leaving Dortmund let alone for us? If given the choice, we would lose it. So use your brain, you think everybody comes running once we call. Times change. Deluded sheep!

People think you know fuck nothing but I think you know fuck all.

So let me get this right... When starting this thread lebron didn't want it to be a 'Sack Kenny' thread but then asked who is available?

This place is begining to do my fucking head in. If we win we'll make top 4, if we lose the world is about to end. No cunt is willing to look at the bigger picture anymore.

I've fucking had enough, I really have.

*logs off TLW and goes to calm down before something is said that I might regret later.*

Honestly after watching yesterday I would take Cisse as a 3rd choice striker (Carroll 4th...). Frustrating as hell, but he could take the flick-ons from Suarez and we would definitely score more than we are now (not that that's a tough one....).

So let me get this right... When starting this thread lebron didn't want it to be a 'Sack Kenny' thread but then asked who is available?

This place is begining to do my fucking head in. If we win we'll make top 4, if we lose the world is about to end. No cunt is willing to look at the bigger picture anymore.

*logs off TLW and goes to calm down before something is said that I might regret later.*

Its absolutely ridiculous. It would seem the decent posters just hang out in the members forum or something. We're left with utter mongs suggesting that reina 'might be in the top 10 keepers in the prem'. Or people claiming that kenny will 'never win us the league'. You couldn't make it up.

Luckily we are well set up with one of very few manageren who have actually won the PL.

On top of that he is one of the clubs biggest legends of all times, if not the biggest.

Knock that "no one's bigger than the club" crap off and show some respect for a man who has given he's life to this club and the fans.

We have decent owners, one hell of a manager, the very finest supporters, a team to build on and a great history.

Compared to a life under The Cowboys with Roy Hodgson in the managers chair, I say we are flying.

Support and believe!

Its absolutely ridiculous. It would seem the decent posters just hang out in the members forum or something. We're left with utter mongs suggesting that reina 'might be in the top 10 keepers in the prem'. Or people claiming that kenny will 'never win us the league'. You couldn't make it up.

Maybe RAWK has closed down? Full moon, or perhaps something in the water. I really dunno... It's a bit like having a conversation with Frank off Shameless. There's noise coming out, but it don't make any sense!

Tbh I was so angry when I wrote it I probably shouldn't have. I just fear that we're going to end up in a situation like in Rafa's last season, where many/most will have concerns whether Kenny is the right man for the job, and where there are very few alternatives to replace him. Be honest, if this league season of ours continues the way it does (and carries into the next campaign), we won't be able to attract neither top players nor managers. While I think Kenny could have spent the money he's been given better, it's not like the cream of Europe have been queing up to play for us, is it? We have taken a bashing off the field as well, so even if we still are a huge club globally, I can see most top players around Europe being reserved when we approach them.

If we can only attract the second tier of players, we will need a wizard of a manager to get us back into the top 4, nevermind to compete for the league. I like the way we play now (and especially at the end of last season), and I think Kenny has gotten us back on the right track playing wise. I just don't think he'll take us much further without quality additions to the team/squad, and after last summer's nightmare transfers, you can see some reasons for sceptisism from the owners regarding splashing money... Being a club legend probably gives Kenny another year to make a push for top 4, but I am truly worried about our future these days. The mentality of the players seem to be really frail (again - much like the Hodgson days), and when QPR got that 1st goal, you could see our players (and management) panic. We need strong leaders on the pitch, and I don't really see them at the moment. For all his heroics against Everton, Gerrard went under ground when it mattered last night.

Too late in the evening for me to make sense anyway, I'm soon off. Just wanted to have a reasonable debate about what we should do if the trend continues, and whether there's any point in letting Kenny go if that happens. I think our best hope lies in giving Kenny our support and financial backing, because if we don't he will surely fail (our current crop are not good enough - especially as key players get injured over and over again), and then we're back in limbo.