You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Signing Allen would be great because he is a quality player but also would be key in putting the Rodgers stamp on how we want to play.

If we sign another midfield player as well I would rather sign someone like Holtby who has the potential to be brilliant over someone like Dempsey.

Got to think though alot of our signings are going to hinge on shifting players like Aquilani, Adam, Maxi and Cole first.

Please, please no Dempsey. We don't need any average midfield players...... the squad is full of them.

I really hope Carroll doesn't go on loan.

Sell him or play him, as we always seem to end up getting shafted in loan deals.

Also that are a lot of other players in the squad who should be gotten rid of before Andy.

Please, please no Dempsey. We don't need any average midfield players...... the squad is full of them.

I really hope Carroll doesn't go on loan.

Sell him or play him, as we always seem to end up getting shafted in loan deals.

Also that are a lot of other players in the squad who should be gotten rid of before Andy.

Agreed and maybe BR really wants rid to generate funds?

Have we ever took any benefit of a loan deal, as in loaning one of our players out ?

Possibly with Shelvey and Blackpool, but he's yet to show plenty. Aquilani has only cost us a shitload of money, Cole a bunch of wages, Alou Diarra turned out a French international, though we obviously had Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Hamann in CM when he was here, but still...

No either we sell Carroll or we keep him.

If the problem with Caroll is his perceived lack of technical ability then I fail to understand what loaning him out to fucking Fat Sam is going to achieve.

Bellamy could very well leave, which means we would have Caroll, Borini and Suarez as the only recognised strikers at the club, which is fine if you play with one up front but considering Borini may play on the right it seems a bit stupid. I think the Dempsey rumours are just shit, or I hope they are.

I good CM and another right forward would do me.

Have we ever took any benefit of a loan deal, as in loaning one of our players out ?

Possibly with Shelvey and Blackpool, but he's yet to show plenty. Aquilani has only cost us a shitload of money, Cole a bunch of wages, Alou Diarra turned out a French international, though we obviously had Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Hamann in CM when he was here, but still...

No either we sell Carroll or we keep him.

Murphy went on loan to Crewe and came back a decent player

Dempsey is another functional, slightly above average, hard-working player who scores/performs in patches and is otherwise just ok, during the latter half of last season he had a hot streak, mainly because fulham played him up front rather than in midfield, he is ok, about the same standard as many players we already have, misses plenty of chances but tries hard - he should fit in perfectly

one last thing, he is not technically brilliant either so can't see why he would fit Rodgers game, he is more of a hard-running box to box player than a tiki-taka merchant, not sure why we want to fill another squad spot with a grafter who we'll sell for half of what we paid for him in a season after he makes sporadic appearances, misses a load of chances, scores about 2 and then pledges to do better next season before we sell him at a massive loss

Guest San Don

Maxi to NOB in argentina?

Here

Liverpool midfielder Maxi Rodriguez is wanted by Argentine club Newell's Old Boys.

The 31-year-old has one year left on his contract but Newell's secretary Pablo Morosano said: 'We are waiting for news. There is ongoing contact and we have a deal agreed with him.'