You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

10th of July, a big fat zero of players signed.

Top 10:

1. Hank Moody 269 posts

2. WaltonRed 202 posts

3. Funnneeeee 180 posts

4. fowler9 166 posts

5. Whelan 132 posts

6. Unrighteous 125 posts

7. silverlining 104 posts

8. TheHowieLama 99 posts

9. Jairzinho 98 posts

10. kalasoma 87 posts

Wonder if there is a market for any of these?

Wonder if anyone cares!!

10th of July, a big fat zero of players signed.

Top 10:

1. Hank Moody 269 posts

2. WaltonRed 202 posts

3. Funnneeeee 180 posts

4. fowler9 166 posts

5. Whelan 132 posts

6. Unrighteous 125 posts

7. silverlining 104 posts

8. TheHowieLama 99 posts

9. Jairzinho 98 posts

10. kalasoma 87 posts

Wonder if there is a market for any of these?

In all fairness Code, knowing your antipathy towards this thread it seems to be the only place to get away from you!

Do you think that is where he will play? He does seem to have a bit of pace, whilst not Walcott fast he can shift.

Hard to say. When Rodgers had him at Swansea he used him as the main striker, which is his best position IMO. There he can make use of his movement and pace off the line to run in behind defenders, also his marvellous work rate to press defenders into mistakes and he's certainly more of a finisher than creator.

I'd probably play Suarez in a wider role and stick Borini up top.

If we were to sign an american, we should go for that young one who's dad coached them at the WC, cant remember his name, but seemed to stand out much more in that side than Dempsey, who is this seasons Charlie Adam.

Hehehe, Charlie Fucking Adam... hehehe

Think Bradley's just signed for a big club but can't remember who though?

Hard to say. When Rodgers had him at Swansea he used him as the main striker, which is his best position IMO. There he can make use of his movement and pace off the line to run in behind defenders, also his marvellous work rate to press defenders into mistakes and he's certainly more of a finisher than creator.

In all fairness there is no reason why they can't swap, so long as they are prepared to work.

At least we seem to be addressing a long standing weakness.

Its funny how Chelsea got shut of this wonderful stricker,but all of a sudden he is good enough for us-how times have changed.

Someone on ShanklyGates is claiming that he's been told by someone at the club that Dempsey is signing tonight.

shanklygates.co.uk • View topic - Clint Dempsey Signing for Liverpool Tonight

Seems odd to me that. He's 29 which doesn't fit into the 'model' described for new players coming to us.

I hope to god he is moving into Zidane's house on the Wirral!

Its funny how Chelsea got shut of this wonderful stricker,but all of a sudden he is good enough for us-how times have changed.

What's funny about it? Football is littered with examples of teams letting players go at a young age then those players go on to be exceptional footballers.

Peter Beardsley and Man Utd for instance.

They rated him, but he wanted more first team football, and given Chelsea's system and the fact they had Drogba and Anelka that was going to be tough. It's not us taking a Chelsea reject, but picking up a talented youngster a club couldn't accomodate, who's now a couple of years older and starting to flourish.

What I find funny is how some people were making strong cases of how Brendan would implement Carroll and using Graham as an example, he would be a beast next year etc etc under Rodgers. All that seems to have stopped strange that.

I actually agree that we need a mobile striker who has good movement if Borini turns out to be that sort, brilliant the deal seems to be around 13-15million euros being touted.

What's funny about it? Football is littered with examples of teams letting players go at a young age then those players go on to be exceptional footballers.

Peter Beardsley and Man Utd for instance.

Mr Mourinho hasn't shown any interest in him if he is an exceptional player in the making - why not.

By the way don't get carried away in case he opt's for another club like the Icelandic kid did -but then again you can say he was shite anyway like plenty on here did when he decided we where not good enough.

This thread is a fucking joke

True, but there is good news. Dave deleted a thread earlier and explained that he did so because it was "just a pathetic slanging match". I think we can assume that if this thread turns into one, he'll close and delete it, too.

With that in mind, I'd like to say the following:

Rafael Benitez forced Xabi Alonso out.