You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

I like Aquilani but he's a bit of a "tweener" in that I don't really want him in any 3 of our midfield spots. I don't want him holding obviously, I don't think he has enough bite to get stuck in in the middle and I don't think he has enough goals and assists to hold down the attacking midfield role.

Gaston Ramirez's agent arrives in England for Liverpool talks

Liverpool have moved a step closer to landing Bologna winger Gaston Ramirez after his agent arrived in England for talks.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is desperate to add some much needed width to his new-look team next season, and has turned to Ramirez after baulking at Fulham's £10 million asking price for Clint Dempsey.

A fast, agile and elegant left winger who can play up front, Ramirez is rated as one of the finest players in Italy, and has been tracked by Barcelona, AC Milan and the two Manchester clubs in the last six months.

However, it appears that Liverpool, who held initial talks over a deal with Bologna last month, have jumped the queue, with the players agent arriving in England this week to sort out a transfer to the Premier League:

'Gaston is ready to leave Italy - so much so I am in England for talks with a Premier League club,' agent Pablo Betancourt told Mercato.

'He is one of the most important players in Uruguray, so there are no shortage of offers.'

Inter Milan and Tottenham are two other clubs believed to have significant interest in Ramirez, but neither are willing to stump up the £15 million Bologna want for the 21-year-old.

That clears the way for Liverpool to get their man, and they are hopeful they land the player in the next fortnight, despite the transfer being complicated, as Ramirez will be on duty for Uruguay during the London Olympics.

The former Penarol ace, who is contracted to Bologna until 2016, has already set his heart on a move to Anfield.

Read more: Gaston Ramirez's agent arrives in England for Liverpool talks | Metro.co.uk

Gaston Ramirez's agent arrives in England for Liverpool talks

Liverpool have moved a step closer to landing Bologna winger Gaston Ramirez after his agent arrived in England for talks.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is desperate to add some much needed width to his new-look team next season, and has turned to Ramirez after baulking at Fulham's £10 million asking price for Clint Dempsey.

A fast, agile and elegant left winger who can play up front, Ramirez is rated as one of the finest players in Italy, and has been tracked by Barcelona, AC Milan and the two Manchester clubs in the last six months.

However, it appears that Liverpool, who held initial talks over a deal with Bologna last month, have jumped the queue, with the players agent arriving in England this week to sort out a transfer to the Premier League:

'Gaston is ready to leave Italy - so much so I am in England for talks with a Premier League club,' agent Pablo Betancourt told Mercato.

'He is one of the most important players in Uruguray, so there are no shortage of offers.'

Inter Milan and Tottenham are two other clubs believed to have significant interest in Ramirez, but neither are willing to stump up the £15 million Bologna want for the 21-year-old.

That clears the way for Liverpool to get their man, and they are hopeful they land the player in the next fortnight, despite the transfer being complicated, as Ramirez will be on duty for Uruguay during the London Olympics.

The former Penarol ace, who is contracted to Bologna until 2016, has already set his heart on a move to Anfield.

Read more: Gaston Ramirez's agent arrives in England for Liverpool talks | Metro.co.uk

Ramirez hope rekindled!

Get him in Brendan.

Be a much better signing than Dempsey.

I think Dempsey is ok but with the difference in fees is 5/8ml Ramirez offer damn site more value.

If Dempsey and Sinclair don't sign new contracts this year I think they would be worth getting on Bosnians next year,depending on wages.

I think Dempsey is ok but with the difference in fees is 5/8ml Ramirez offer damn site more value.

If Dempsey and Sinclair don't sign new contracts this year I think they would be worth getting on Bosnians next year,depending on wages.

Bosnians ? What , where ?

Alan Pardew thinks we will have to take a significant loss on Andy Caroll! Not quite sure what the relevance of his opinion on what we are prepared to lose on Andy Caroll is, but it seems to be news.

Don't know about anybody else, but I would very much enjoy finishing above them this year. Although I suspect mid table will be where they will finish.

Alan Pardew can go fuck his mum!

When Carroll was sold who was the first person to distance themselves from the sale saying it was not his decision? That cunt thats who.

Now its turned out alright he thinks he's Bob Paisley or something. A right place right time manager, when his players are in form and confident he just points them in the direction of the field, but when the wheels fall off and they need direction where the fuck is he?

Giving opinions like he's some sort of football guru, fuck him in the ear, fuck him in the other ear!

Cunt!

Heard it was spurs.
Will be so pissed off that this Brendan Rodgers twat is binning the possibility of signing some genuine quality just so he can build Swansea Mk II on Merseyside. We need wingers and adefensive midfielder as we are utter gash there.

Christ even the Bitters can see that.

Why have FSG foresaken the DoF model they had a hard-on for last season in preference to a rookie manager, makes no sense.

Dempsey wouldn't be worth it, he'd be 30 and wanting a fat pay day, remember Joe Cole. Sinclair, no thanks. I'd rather give a shot of first team football to one of the hundred kids we have been stockpiling since 2005!

Reports West Ham have now bid 17M for Carroll.

West Ham bid £17m for Carroll - reportJuly 27, 2012

Email Print By ESPN staff

West Ham have reportedly made a £17 million bid for Liverpool striker Andy Carroll that would shatter the club's transfer record.

GettyImages

Andy Carroll: Liverpool future is in doubt

Carroll, 23, is thought to be surplus to requirements at Anfield despite the £35 million spent on him in January 2011.

While speculation has suggested that Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers would be happy to send him out on loan this season if there is a clause included to sign him afterwards, a bid of around £20 million is believed to be enough to seal the striker's signature on a permanent deal and West Ham are keen to add him to their ranks.

West Ham's bid of £17 million is significantly more than the £7.5 million they paid Liverpool for Craig Bellamy in 2007 and Jack Sullivan, son of David Sullivan, the West Ham co-owner, virtually confirmed the news by tweeting: "Dad is working on the biggest signing in the history of the club - twice as big as anything the club have done before!"

Carroll himself, however, is thought to favour a return to Newcastle rather than a move to London, despite the presence of former Newcastle team-mate and good friend Kevin Nolan at Upton Park.

Could someone tell Rodgers to stop trying to sell in Harrods and buying in Poundland as he'll break Hodgson's record as the shortest mangerial stay in LFC history

How is getting borini and Allen shopping in pound land?

In fact your entire post didn't make sense, sell in harrods? We're trying to get rid of our overpaid garbage. What part of that is disagreeable to you?

Tony Barrett

West Ham's offer for Andy Carroll is an initial £2m loan fee with a guaranteed further £16m if they stay up.

£2million won't go far in buying a replacement for him and we've heard of guaranteed sales at end of loan periods before.

This would be a crazy deal so we'll probably jump at it.

Will be so pissed off that this Brendan Rodgers twat is binning the possibility of signing some genuine quality just so he can build Swansea Mk II on Merseyside.

Incredible! You should have a re-read of this if you can't already see how stupid it is.