You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'd be amazed if we see it in june, end of next year/2013 is probably more likely.

Well the phone launches have traditionally been in June, the 4S being the exception to the rule. I think the delay in this hardware release has been because testing of iOS 5 has been unusually lengthy. Apparently there have been 5 'developer' releases which is a very high number compared to other ios versions.

That's pure speculation on my part... but kinda makes sense. To me.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd only notice how much I use it if I went back to a normal phone. Calls are just an inconvenience tbh. intermittently use it mainly for news on twitter, music, weather, video, football scores, bit of tv, camera, diary, email, sms, web, price checking I used in John Lewis and the guy just say yep straight away for a price match, fitness, diet, I video skyped the missus from Egypt a few weeks back, Austria in the winter, facebook, maps I use, streetcar, reading books.

Paul you can now tether your phone to your laptop and ipad through 3g / bluetooth so I reckon you'd have the phone in your pocket and still be using the ipad where ever if's just a wifi model. If it is 3g and you did get the phone then I'd end the ipad 3g contract and just tether making sure I had a decent data package.

This is a brilliant talk on choice and freedom and is relevant today more than ever. I'm defo in the more choice you have sometimes the less satisfied you are. For the iphone I accept I'm in the apple walled garden, does it bother me, not really, good products, blah blah blah and I now think more and more, having seen people move off android because of malware that apple have been right about keeping their app store tight.

The Paradox of Choice

TED Blog | "Paradox of Choice" author Barry Schwartz on TEDTalks

more essential reading

Douglas Rushkoff - Home

brilliant

No More Facebook.mov - YouTube

very good

BBC - The Virtual Revolution Blog: Rushes Sequences - Doug Rushkoff interview - USA (Video)

I'm going to get the iPhone 4s on Sprint over here. It will be the first iPhone I've owned but Sprint does an unlimited everything included plan which none of the other networks have.

Like 3 over here, only contract provider I could find truly unlimited data for a reasonable price. I'll be sticking with my 4 not anything near enough enticing to part with close to £500.

Like 3 over here, only contract provider I could find truly unlimited data for a reasonable price. I'll be sticking with my 4 not anything near enough enticing to part with close to £500.

Makes sense. If I already had an iPhone I wouldn't bother changing either, and definitely not if I was paying for it too. But I'm due a new phone, and where I work has a contract with Sprint, and since they are adding the iPhone4s in an unlimited package, it seems the way to go for me.

The main reason I'm switching is that in the past few months I've changed everything over to Apple stuff, so I want my phone to sync up with computer and iPad easily. I like my Blackberry, but it has quickly become the odd man out!

4s available on Apple store:

iPhone 4S - Apple Store (UK)

Not sure I can justify spending £700 for an unlocked 64GB, but you know it's gonna sell out straight away. I could easily buy two and sell the other for a lot more than £700 to a fool on Ebay to compensate my outgoings and sell my 3GS at the same time..

Hmmmmmn.

Edited by 1892-LFCWasBorn

Vodafone astonishingly offering it on a 12 month contract (via a CPW site) for £36 per month (300 UK mins, Unlimited UK texts 500MB Data) with the following prices:

16GB - £319 + £422 - Total cost £741

32GB - £399 + £422 - Total cost £821

64GB - £479 + £422 - Total cost £901

Also Get £59 back when you pre-order today

Pre-order today and get £59 back - as a thank you from us.

iPhone 4S On Vodafone - iPhone 4S On Pay Monthly Plans - Vodafone

Tesco mobile yet to release any info:

iPhone 4S - Help & Support - Tesco Mobile

Will wait to see their prices before deciding to buy it unlocked from Apple.

The price will be the same across all the networks. Apple set the price on their new products and demand that no one discounts it and nobody does otherwise Apple withdraw their phone from that network and then they're fucked. That's why you never see iPhones/iPads cheaper anywhere, one price no matter who or where you buy it from.

If you're looking for a deal then I would suggest getting the iPhone 4 via quidco on Vodafone who are offering £130 cashback.

Guest davelfc

My daughter got that Voda deal yesterday, £59 credit but for £49 iphone 4s as an upgrade, so £10 credit.

Although (from her email) she got

900 minutes

250 texts

1000 Landline Minutes

750 Gb Internet

And some BT open zone

£35 a month for 24 months

Iphone messenger will negate the need for many text messages

Vodafone astonishingly offering it on a 12 month contract (via a CPW site) for £36 per month (300 UK mins, Unlimited UK texts 500MB Data) with the following prices:

16GB - £319 + £422 - Total cost £741

32GB - £399 + £422 - Total cost £821

64GB - £479 + £422 - Total cost £901

Also Get £59 back when you pre-order today

Pre-order today and get £59 back - as a thank you from us.

iPhone 4S On Vodafone - iPhone 4S On Pay Monthly Plans - Vodafone

Tesco mobile yet to release any info:

iPhone 4S - Help & Support - Tesco Mobile

Will wait to see their prices before deciding to buy it unlocked from Apple.

You can also get a further £40 on Quidco on the Vodafone deal.

3 are doing £109 Quidco on 4S pre-orders too although that's with a 24 month contract.

Guest davelfc

If you're looking for a deal then I would suggest getting the iPhone 4 via quidco on Vodafone who are offering £130 cashback.

I'd suggest downloading chrome and hitting quidco and then through them vodafone. Otherwise they will weasel out of paying you by claiming someone else got the referral.

This ensures that there is no chance of that, sure you can delete cookies in your usual browser but often that is a pain.

I'd also make screen grabs of the whole process and most importantly treat the quidco as a possible bonus and not a guaranteed payment.

I'd suggest downloading chrome and hitting quidco and then through them vodafone. Otherwise they will weasel out of paying you by claiming someone else got the referral.

This ensures that there is no chance of that, sure you can delete cookies in your usual browser but often that is a pain.

I'd also make screen grabs of the whole process and most importantly treat the quidco as a possible bonus and not a guaranteed payment.

They sound well underhand. Hate corporations offering something then trying to wiggle out. If you don't want to pay out, dont offer.

To be honest, only getting this for the 64GB and think it's perfect time to sell my 3GS which has served me very well for 2 years.

So the Vodafone 12 month deal suits me down to the ground. Get £59 refund off you bill in November and further cashback on top of that. Unlocked is £700 from Apple.

Not sure if those 12 month contracts are a mistake or not. They are cheaper than the 18 and 24 month equivalents. Shirley it should be the other way round. Voda will hopefully give an upgrade option on the iPhone 5 whenever it's released.

Only have one rolling contract with Virgin Mobile that I'm paying £5 a month for.

I don't care what anyone says. Nothing touches the iPhone for use period. The only downside is the smaller screen in comparison to it's Android competitors. And this is coming from a Samsung Galaxy Tab owner.

Ta. Wasn't showing on the iPad version of that link. Got it now. That looks a very good total price. I can't see anyone doing a micro-sim for £20 a month which is what it'd take to beat that price.

Where's the £59 credit though?