You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Well that was truly abject no excuses, poor team selection and how we were set up by the King. We did not pay them enough respect. Playing spurs is where you have to concede they will really have a go at you and select the team and tactics accordingly.

Even before the sending off we were under the cosh, if I am honest we were lucky it was only four. I said before the season we could get 70-75 points it seems a long way but I have faith in Kenny to get us there.

Well that was truly abject no excuses, poor team selection and how we were set up by the King. We did not pay them enough respect. Playing spurs is where you have to concede they will really have a go at you and select the team and tactics accordingly.

Even before the sending off we were under the cosh, if I am honest we were lucky it was only four. I said before the season we could get 70-75 points it seems a long way but I have faith in Kenny to get us there.

I honestly can see us going on an unbeaten run now until December or something, bar the Manc games, theres no reason we shouldnt start stacking up some points and see where we are in December.

Kenny needs to make some changes though, across the midfeild and we need one of Johnson/Kelly to get fit, not sure how far off they are but if not we should be looking to play Flanno, at least get him some experience even if he commits some mistakes, Skrtl is no right back other than one off games with no decent winger up against him.

Most people dont understand how important full backs are.

Henderson wants benching.

Lucas needs games and we need are still a striker short so we need a decent pardna for Suarez, Carrol isnt cutting the mustard, Ngog's ngone and Bellamy blows hot and cold and is not an ideal foil for Suarez I wouldnt have thought (Although sometimes partnerships can strike unexpectantly, you never know I suppose), we are talking about a player who was playing in the 1st division last year and wasnt good enough for us last time round. Not a bad signing by any means tho.

Plenty for you to be getting on with there Kenny and Stevie C! Plenty.

Also good to have a decent left back, its been a while, shame the rest of the teams gone to shit, well a bit, I said from the minute we were linked with him he'd be good buy, better than Leighton Baines for me, defensively at least, which is what we need given how shaky our defence has become.

Id be an advocate of going 4-5-1 if Suarez was suited to it, I think he can do it on occasion but not against every team. Besides which Kenny is a 442 man most the time so unlikely to happen. Carrol would have been good at the loneman role if he wasnt playing either pissed or with a bad hangover every week. LAY OFF THE STELLA SON, IF YOU WONT DO IT FOR THE CLUB, DO IT FOR THE MAID WHO HAS TO CLEAN YOU CRUDDY UNDIES WITH A STICK EVERYTIME YOU GET THE SHITS.

For christ sake.

Edited by dennis tooth

I honestly can see us going on an unbeaten run now until December or something, bar the Manc games, theres no reason we shouldnt start stacking up some points and see where we are in December.

Kenny needs to make some changes though, across the midfeild and we need one of Johnson/Kelly to get fit, not sure how far off they are but if not we should be looking to play Flanno, at least get him some experience even if he commits some mistakes, Skrtl is no right back other than one off games with no decent winger up against him.

Most people dont understand how important full backs are.

Henderson wants benching.

Lucas needs games and we need are still a striker short so we need a decent pardna for Suarez, Carrol isnt cutting the mustard, Ngog's ngone and Bellamy is blows hot and cold and is not and ideal foil for Suarez I wouldnt have thought (Although sometimes partnerships can strike unexpectantly, you never know I suppose), we are talking about a player who was playing in the 1st division last year and wasnt good enough for us last time round. Not a bad signing by any means tho.

Plenty for you to be getting on with there Kenny and Stevie C! Plenty.

Also good to have a decent left back, its been a while, shame the rest of the teams gone to shit, well a bit, I said from the minute we were linked with him he'd be good buy, better than Leighton Baines for me, defensively at least, which is what we need given how shaky our defence has become.

Id be an advocate of going 4-5-1 if Suarez was suited to it, I think he can do it on occasion but not against every team. Besides which Kenny is a 442 man most the time so unlikely to happen. Carrol would have been good at the loneman role if he wasnt playing either pissed or with a bad hangover every week. LAY OFF THE STELLA SON, IF YOU WONT DO IT FOR THE CLUB, DO IT FOR THE MAID WHO HAS TO CLEAN YOU CRUDDY UNDIES WITH A STICK EVERYTIME YOU GET THE SHITS.

For christ sake.

While I dont disagree with a lot of what you say, some people are going to drive Carroll out the club with some of this stuff.

Has anyone got the slightest clue why Carra pulled Skrtel back on the pitch after his red? Maybe so he had a few more seconds to get instructions from Kenny as to what they should be doing next? Also wondering what Kenny said to Suarez, he actually looked happy as he went to sit down so it must've been something good considering the game he'd just been playing in!

Has anyone got the slightest clue why Carra pulled Skrtel back on the pitch after his red? Maybe so he had a few more seconds to get instructions from Kenny as to what they should be doing next? Also wondering what Kenny said to Suarez, he actually looked happy as he went to sit down so it must've been something good considering the game he'd just been playing in!

My initial thought was that Carra must have thought the ref hadn't shown the red yet, or had forgotten, and wanted Kenny to try and sub Skrtel in amongst the confusion.

Probably wrong.

Robinson was stripped off at the time so maybe what RP said, maybe because he wanted a bit longer to find out the plan from the bench.

just glad im not a manager. 5 tough games , 2 defeats already. If we dont get good results against bitters/scum, you cabn see a certain king under massive pressure. Obviously we have to be optimistic, but you could also say they are not easy games at all and could conceivably go against us, especially given how we played today. I didnt expect us to wuin all these games, but was kind of hoping for better than 2 defeats out of the first two tough ones. Kenny must be a touch anxious about things after that today.

]Has anyone got the slightest clue why Carra pulled Skrtel back on the pitch after his red?[/b] Maybe so he had a few more seconds to get instructions from Kenny as to what they should be doing next? Also wondering what Kenny said to Suarez' date=' he actually looked happy as he went to sit down so it must've been something good considering the game he'd just been playing in![/quote']

Was probably hoping to induce an additional ban for "player refusing to leave the pitch".

ALL THESE SO CALLED SUPPORTERS.......... can any one of them realistically think of any type of decent service Andy Carroll has been given sinse he's arrived at the club

This season alone he's scored a crackin goal against Sunderalnd which was wrongly disallowed for a foul, ''i think an offside goal against the Arse'' which was 50/50 and another great finish against Exeter in the cup.

Apart from that, he has'nt started for us untill today. How people are given this guy shit is beyond belief and by the way do ask yourselves what sort of service Andy Carroll needs in order for him to produce??? and then ask yourself did he get that service today???

Im disapointed and embarrassed by some of the people who call them supporters of this club. This club was not built on knee jerk reactions, far from it.... but it was bulit on pride passion and belief which was distinctly missing from anything we did today.

After 15 mins or so regrouping was needed and a captain or a charcater was needed to step up and take control, but that never happened!!!!!! What is a Captain for to be honest if he can't inspire his troop or followers????? Going on what we got today it looks more like prestige to me.

It was very obvious very early on that Skrtel was way out of his depth but no managment stepped up to take control of that either. It was hugely obvious early on that our midfield was completely disfunctional with no protecting the back four or providing support for the front two!!! Lucas and Adam (to an extent) had shockers

I dont buy anything of what ive heard post match from the management about these players hurting and if they did'nt hurt they were not at the right club. This has nothing to do with people feeling sorry for themselves. This is about people becoming characters and standing up to make a difference, and individuals DECIDING to make a difference and a change. IT TAKES BOLLOX TO DO THIS but that was missing also today

People hurting and feeling sorry for themselves will do nothing to improve the clowns show that was produced today at white hart lane and to be quite honest what the fuck has Andy Carroll got to do with all this other then the whole squad mangement to substitutes where fuckin pants.

Please look at the bigger picture and not individual preformances

Agree that Carroll didn't get the service he needs today. But I don't agree that he hasn't had good enough service since he has arrived. He has had good chances at times and missed - remember vs Spurs last season, Skrtel put a cross in and he made a mess of a simple header, for one example.

The most concerning thing about Carroll, is he hasn't looked impressive in the air. Kaboul won every header against him today even Walker beat him in the air at one point, Ferdinand (Anton) did for Sunderland. All defenders in this league are strong in the air and Carroll is no more likely to win headers against big strong centre backs. The service is going to need to be perfect, but then again if the service has to be perfect - then I think Kuyt is just as likely to score a header than Carroll, but he also offers more hard work and extra movement.

I'm not a big fan of his, but I thought he put in an admirable shift today when we went down to 10 men.

Agree that Carroll didn't get the service he needs today. But I don't agree that he hasn't had good enough service since he has arrived. He has had good chances at times and missed - remember vs Spurs last season, Skrtel put a cross in and he made a mess of a simple header, for one example.

The most concerning thing about Carroll, is he hasn't looked impressive in the air. Kaboul won every header against him today even Walker beat him in the air at one point, Ferdinand (Anton) did for Sunderland. All defenders in this league are strong in the air and Carroll is no more likely to win headers against big strong centre backs. The service is going to need to be perfect, but then again if the service has to be perfect - then I think Kuyt is just as likely to score a header than Carroll, but he also offers more hard work and extra movement.

I'm not a big fan of his, but I thought he put in an admirable shift today when we went down to 10 men.

I dont know mate.... but for lads on here to pigeon hole him for was shown up today is wrong for me.

I agree with you that he has'nt been the best signing so far but for him to be singled out after that showing today is beyond belief for me.

Have a look at Enrique, how many times did he lose possesion in our half of the field today, he was trying to dribble for 18 yard box????

At Newcastle Carroll got away with bullying defenders (and keepers) to an extent, but he was alot more aggressive in what he did with them than he is with us right now, that what stood out with his play. He was a force and unstopable at times. He's not doing that for us at the moment!

Maybe he just does'nt fit!!! and possibly a panic buy, but to slate him for today and not the rest is just pathetic!

I support the club, not individuals and today was way way below the standards this club has. What the club stands for was missing in buckets and the whole club could do with taking a sup of what the travelling support where on today. They were outstanding

I dont know mate.... but for lads on here to pigeon hole him for was shown up today is wrong for me.

I agree with you that he has'nt been the best signing so far but for him to be singled out after that showing today is beyond belief for me.

Have a look at Enrique, how many times did he lose possesion in our half of the field today, he was trying to dribble for 18 yard box????

At Newcastle Carroll got away with bullying defenders (and keepers) to an extent, but he was alot more aggressive in what he did with them than he is with us right now, that what stood out with his play. He was a force and unstopable at times. He's not doing that for us at the moment!

Maybe he just does'nt fit!!! and possibly a panic buy, but to slate him for today and not the rest is just pathetic!

I support the club, not individuals and today was way way below the standards this club has. What the club stands for was missing in buckets and the whole club could do with taking a sup of what the travelling support where on today. They were outstanding

I agree.

Today Carroll was not the problem. It is a team game and they all didn't play well enough.

But I do think Carroll is a problem, generally. But he should not be a scape goat for that performance. Not at all.

It's difficult to delve any deeper on these issues without pointing a big fat finger at a certain person, and people just aren't ready to do that yet.

I'm sick of us being shit, sick of it, even when we spend £55m on two players, we still FUCK UP and don't sign the right ones, and I fucking hate how people aren't more angry about it, like they prefer the status quo of us being a fucking joke.

Work- shy shifts from players? No, fucking no. Fuck them off, massive fines for those who continually fuck up, and sell in January.

Just fucking sick to the back teeth of people telling me that I'm missing something with Lucas or Skrtel or Carragher, just not good enough for mosT teams in the fucking division,never mind Liverpool FC of 2011.

It's time to push on, it's time to take stock and admit some things are not good enough. We've got the money, for now, but have we got the right man spending it?

If Kenny gets another £50m to spend in January then I'll be grimacing until I hear who we got with it.

Right now, NGog and Aquilani are far, FAR superior options than Carroll and Henderson, and that takes some doing.

You'll probably get a response of "fuck off we were only 1-0 down to a wondergoal before the sending off". That's bollocks - they were crushing us; we were sitting on the edge of our box and practically daring them to score a long ranger against us.

Notice how we rarely concede goals from a breakaway? That's because Saint Jamie drags us so far back that every goal against can easily be attributed to bad luck or a full back error, but never to a lack of pace. It's also the reason why we have 15 goals less than United in 5 games despite 100M upgrading our attacking talent. We simply don't see enough of the ball in dangerous areas and until we do, we'll continue to underachieve.