You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Walking Dead Thread (spoilers and zombies inside)

William_Ulsterman

Apparently Michonne will be making an appearance at the end of this season. It sounds like her intro to the story won't be changed much either; which is good because it's a pretty badass way to waltz into a story.

She's one of my favourite characters, I think they may wimp out on what happens in Woodbury though.

Has there been any kind of explanation so far as to why there are zombies, why they attack non zombies and how they can see, hear, smell, move when their bodies are rotting and damaged. Do the comics explain it.

No, the comics barely focus on the zombies instead they focus on the characters and how they change throughout the series. I doubt the TV show will explain either to be honest.

Woohooooooooo!

All we need now is Michonne and her swords

See above. She comes into it at the end of the season. A guy who played one of her two "pet" zombies, that she has on chains when introduced to the group, let the cat out of the bag.

The zombies aren't explained in the books, presumably to put the reader in the same situation as the characters, that of not knowing why it's all happening.

Cheers for that. Still not sure they had to kill him off, given how much variety he brings to the story. It's also a shame as he is one of the best actors on the show, a show that I think can often seem to be hamming it up and over-acting a bit (Rick and Shane going over the top in particular).

Ah well, bring on the badass with the swords, the power struggles and the governer.

The zombies aren't explained in the books, presumably to put the reader in the same situation as the characters, that of not knowing why it's all happening.

Which is completely not true though. They know far more than us. Apart from that soft twat Rick who's decided not to really ask anyone the most pertinent question, "What the fuck is going on?"

If the characters had no clue on stuff, they'd not have saught out the CDC at the end of the first season for starters.

I've no idea why I'm still watching apart from a desire/hope that people to come are some of the better, less indecisive cunty characters of the show. That is what the majority of this group currently is. The last episode, 11, was truely horrific for characters not keeping in line with their own characters pricinples and ideas and changing back again. I've noticed it on a lesser extent during the series but that episode was laughable for it.