You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Everton are an example of how fucked the game is in terms of governance and money, you have a team getting 37,000 in there weekly without a pot to piss in. All very sad really when you look at the bigger picture. Whilst it is all very funny for Liverpool fans to watch them struggle, it is only going to increase the bitterness shown by some of their lot.

Guest davelfc
I think Everton are an example of how fucked the game is in terms of governance and money, you have a team getting 37,000 in there weekly without a pot to piss in. All very sad really when you look at the bigger picture. Whilst it is all very funny for Liverpool fans to watch them struggle, it is only going to increase the bitterness shown by some of their lot.

Increase the bitterness? How could they possibly be more bitter, I really struggle to comprehend this.

Hopefully they continue to turn on each other and implode.

I'm getting tired of saying this but have you ever heard of a ground share where one of the clubs can not contribute a single penny to the build? Or even worse are not even in the same league?

If we go through this season not in the top 4 and not winning a domestic cup and Everton are still in the PL then the calls may get louder for a groundshare from the owners. If any of the possibilities mentioned above do not occur it will die on its arse as we'd be able to command more money for a stadium naming rights as a top four/cup winning/only PL club on Merseyside. We are not a fucking charity. If the tables were turned and it was LFC in the EFC role would it even be mentioned? No, I didn't think so.

Yes funny enough I have Munich 1860 springs to mind.Even playing in a lower tier of the league to Bayern to.

I would think the council even being as skint as they are,would pay a large part of the building of a joint stadium to for fear of either team leaving the area.

The naming rights to the stadium you mention has been ongoing for a fairly long time now.I would of thought if anybody was interested would of comeout by now dont you?Oh wait thats right the new shirt sponsors said a while back now that they would be more than interested in the naming of the stadium.

Another option with a joint stadium if they got relegated is for us to buy them out.Then charging them rent for playing home games there(think this is what Bayern do now).

I dont want this to happen as much as you dont,but dont you think the time is slowly running down on us building a new stadium?

I'm not even including the quoted article because I don't want to inflict that shite on anyone again. One question after reading that - what's in it for us? All he's written there is how it's essential for Everton's survival as a premier league club, so when did that become our responsibility?

Guest Gucci_Ledge

they can go fuck themselves. Was just re-reading an old article the other day on how Everton tried to make Uefa not give us any of the champions league english money pot in 2005 for being allowed in as Champions. Had totally forgotten about that until then.

Makes no sense for us to help strengthen our local rivals for new fans and surely it'd be better to play any of the current Championship sides twice a year than everton. We usually drop 2 points at anfield against them. Hope they go under.

Met some of me toff mates today. They are worried to fuck about their immediate future but 100% against protesting as that's what we do, and they will never match that and that's a worry for them. That said I would never give the bitter cunts a leg up whatsoever.

May I remind people that at various away games a few years ago at half time there would be an announcement for ' Michael Shields' to get in touch with his family as they had not seen him for a while.

These are the cunts we are talking about and that is just one example of their absolute hatred towards us. I wish them nothing but despair and disaster and if that makes me a bitter red cunt ' as I was called today ' then no bother at all. No ground share whatsoever. Ever.

Everton are struggling to cover the wage bill & Barclays are tightening their overdraft, so where would they find £150m or so for their half of the costs ?

If we can't finance the whole cost of a new build, I suppose FSG might consider a landlord arrangement to help secure the funding, but I think the Blues would rather go out of business than accept that.

Everton are struggling to cover the wage bill & Barclays are tightening their overdraft, so where would they find £150m or so for their half of the costs ?

If we can't finance the whole cost of a new build, I suppose FSG might consider a landlord arrangement to help secure the funding, but I think the Blues would rather go out of business than accept that.

Last time out, were they not proposing that we fund the stadium build and they'd pay us back in installments, or some such?

shared stadium won't happen. It can't. Everton vs United : united fans on the new kop, and there has to be one, tearing it to shreds. How's that going to work?

Plus as illustrated by the moron on the Game podcast the whole heysel issue is still be used as a massive underpinning of there fall from grace. Given he claimed to be big buddies with moyes and kenwright you can bet they feel the same way.

That said there's plenty of decent blues out there and for them i want their club to be okay. Folks claiming they were laughing at our potential demise? so what, we'e been there and should not wish it on other clubs. I actually feel a bit for Kenwright, he's trying to sell the club, he's terrified of what happened to us with G&H and who can blame him. And as someone said earlier a club with those gates should be fine, but thanks to spiralling wages they are stuffed. The bubbles got to burst as some point and if will be disasterous when it does.

I'm getting tired of saying this but have you ever heard of a ground share where one of the clubs can not contribute a single penny to the build? Or even worse are not even in the same league?

If we go through this season not in the top 4 and not winning a domestic cup and Everton are still in the PL then the calls may get louder for a groundshare from the owners. If any of the possibilities mentioned above do not occur it will die on its arse as we'd be able to command more money for a stadium naming rights as a top four/cup winning/only PL club on Merseyside. We are not a fucking charity. If the tables were turned and it was LFC in the EFC role would it even be mentioned? No, I didn't think so.

Absolutely.

I once liked the idea of a groundshare, it couldve been a really exciting project and saved everyone some money, but as clubs we are now poles apart.

It'd be like United sharing their ground with Oldham.

I just hope the owners haven't got an eye on the Goodison site as a cheap redevelopment option...

Guest San Don
Yes funny enough I have Munich 1860 springs to mind.Even playing in a lower tier of the league to Bayern to.

I would think the council even being as skint as they are,would pay a large part of the building of a joint stadium to for fear of either team leaving the area.

The naming rights to the stadium you mention has been ongoing for a fairly long time now.I would of thought if anybody was interested would of comeout by now dont you?Oh wait thats right the new shirt sponsors said a while back now that they would be more than interested in the naming of the stadium.

Another option with a joint stadium if they got relegated is for us to buy them out.Then charging them rent for playing home games there(think this is what Bayern do now).

I dont want this to happen as much as you dont,but dont you think the time is slowly running down on us building a new stadium?

The Allianze is now totally owned by Bayern. 1860 went back to their old stadium because they couldnt afford to contribute to the Allianze any more.