You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Despite Everton's current situation, they are exactly the sort of club that should be attracting the sugar daddies. Just look at the clubs that have been taken over by sugar daddies: Chelsea, Man City, Malaga, PSG, Anzhi Chaka Khan. Apart from PSG, all those clubs were considered to be below the elite clubs in their respective leagues, and not commercially significant, which allowed them to be bought on the cheap so the real money could be invested in players. The scope for growth is massive, in the right hands.

I think that is the main reason there has never been serious interest in the really top clubs from sugar daddies. These clubs are already established so the return on investment wouldn't be as great.

Possibly but did all those other clubs have new stadiums, made out of non wood materials? Are those clubs in decently sized grounds, 40,000+ ?

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really are knobs. Was chatting to a lad recently who was saying it was a 'similar situation' to what we went through, absolutely laughable. So they form a union? What for? Because the owner who loves the club so much he frequently cries and pisses his pants about it, doesn't have the same amount of cash as some Sheikh 'n' vac? Arr fucking ho hum.

Pathetic, just as pathetic as when some were calling for Moyes's head because he 'got us into the Champions League a few years ago but we haven't finished as high since'. Missing the point again.

Bellends.

They really are knobs. Was chatting to a lad recently who was saying it was a 'similar situation' to what we went through, absolutely laughable. So they form a union? What for? Because the owner who loves the club so much he frequently cries and pisses his pants about it, doesn't have the same amount of cash as some Sheikh 'n' vac? Arr fucking ho hum.

Pathetic, just as pathetic as when some were calling for Moyes's head because he 'got us into the Champions League a few years ago but we haven't finished as high since'. Missing the point again.

Bellends.

I think that's a bit unfair. They are starting to realise that their chairman and his fellow board members have grossly mismanaged the club, and that Bill's a bit partial to the old theatrical lies when it comes to covering up his misdeeds.

I hope they get relegated and then go into administration and drop down the divisions as a tiny club in a relic stadium like Sheffield Wednesday. The fanbase would remain at first, just "to show dem kopites" but soon it would fritter away from 30,000 to 20,000 to 8000 a game "Highest in league one though"

Their fans would pretend that they were happier then us, with their "real grass roots" club and they still don't care what we say. But secretly every year around the end of November, they'd crowd round their tellys and radios for the FA cup 3rd round draw. Hoping, praying, pleading to get us to try and claw back that smidgen of pride and passion they used to muster when playing us. But it'll never happen, and they'll be knocked out by Rotherham away on a replay whilst we trounce another small club at home.

And I'll laugh

Guest davelfc
If Yahya Kirdi gets his skates on and starts doing 2-for-1 pizza deals, he might be able to cobble together the readies and take ownership of a club on Merseyside after all.

Free solar power for everyone, well except dem redshites, they get nowt!

He might even resurrect the Kirby move, Yahya Kirby.

Just seen this in a BBC article about the planned protests :

"More than 400 fans attended The Blue Union's inaugral public meeting last week."

RyMYx.jpg

No problem finding a decent variety of bitter in that place.

We've been here before. Back in the days when they regularly failed to get 15,000 at a home league game:

Liverpool Echo - Everton FC - EFC Matchday Memories - Key game: Everton FC vs Watford, 1984 FA Cup Final

Do people Really, honestly think Everton are a club close too getting relegated. I know some who would love it to happen. Personaly I would not but thats just because I enjoy and look forward to their games with us.

I havent read too much about it as im not realy assed whats going on but when I have read people saying that they are going to get Relegated or go under im shocked at that as I never thought it was that bad.

is it?

Guest davelfc
Do people Really, honestly think Everton are a club close too getting relegated. I know some who would love it to happen. Personaly I would not but thats just because I enjoy and look forward to their games with us.

I havent read too much about it as im not realy assed whats going on but when I have read people saying that they are going to get Relegated or go under im shocked at that as I never thought it was that bad.

is it?

Personally I think there are much worse teams in the league so they're safe. But look at us last year, under woy and under Kenny. Would you have put us down as a team that would be in the relegation zone?

I think they're teetering on the edge, a few poor results and maybe one or two injuries and they'll struggle. That could send them into a spiral and they are very difficult to get out of.

But I think they'll finish mid table myself.

They'll probably be alright this year but it will happen soon. Caused either by them depleting their squad to pay off debt or Moyes leaving, or probably both.

Best scenario - they have their usual shit start to the season. Redknapp gets jailed. Moyes goes to Spuds. They can't attract a decent manager with no funds to give him. They have a shit second half of the season & get relegated. Without TV money they go into admin. Points deduction followed by further relegation. They finally get their shared stadium - with Marine

They remind me of Coventry City a bit now and I posted on the similarity I think in this very same thread. Coventry had become a bit of an unfushable turd who always managed to survive but the years of crap leadership off the pitch took their toll and they duly went down.

This was years ago now and if anything the game has become more polarized financially and when you add in their debt on top of the other factors mentioned its like siting on a powder keg with the fuse lit. They wont go down this year, much to my chagrin, but if they don't freshen up the squad they will go down next year and they don't have the cash to do it nor the means to get the funds. If anything they remind me of Newcastle under Ashley when they went down a couple of years ago.

They remind me of Coventry City a bit now and I posted on the similarity I think in this very same thread. Coventry had become a bit of an unfushable turd who always managed to survive but the years of crap leadership off the pitch took their toll and they duly went down.

This was years ago now and if anything the game has become more polarized financially and when you add in their debt on top of the other factors mentioned its like siting on a powder keg with the fuse lit. They wont go down this year, much to my chagrin, but if they don't freshen up the squad they will go down next year and they don't have the cash to do it nor the means to get the funds. If anything they remind me of Newcastle under Ashley when they went down a couple of years ago.

Wasn't it building a stadium without the funds to do so that finally did Coventry in? Could be oddly prescient

Personally I think there are much worse teams in the league so they're safe. But look at us last year, under woy and under Kenny. Would you have put us down as a team that would be in the relegation zone?

I think they're teetering on the edge, a few poor results and maybe one or two injuries and they'll struggle. That could send them into a spiral and they are very difficult to get out of.

But I think they'll finish mid table myself.

They'll go into administration before they get relegated.

The banks will put the squeeze on them a lot quicker then what they did to us as they have next to nothing coming in outside of gate receipts.

I don't know why but "unflushable turd" always makes me laugh.

Good post by the way.

I totally agree they have sold everything that isn't nailed down and this year they have started to sell the players as well, bringing in loan signings to replace them is a bad sign. If they hit a bad spell and a few results go against them their dire financial position will begin to affect the managers/players/fans and then the infighting and blame game will start.

I totally agree they have sold everything that isn't nailed down and this year they have started to sell the players as well, bringing in loan signings to replace them is a bad sign. If they hit a bad spell and a few results go against them their dire financial position will begin to affect the managers/players/fans and then the infighting and blame game will start.

I wonder who they will blame,hmmmm its a tough one.

Wasn't it building a stadium without the funds to do so that finally did Coventry in? Could be oddly prescient

They don't own the ground and the rent is a factor but the rot had well and truly set in well before that. What took 5 years then when the game was less uneven financially than now...two years tops is as I see it and as others have said if they get into troube results wise maybe this year.

We make as much commercially as they do for everything put together I think so you can see how finely balanced it is for them. And they have the fabulous rock solid support as well which won't desert them either if things go wrong on the pitch.

I think if their player stay fit they'll comfortably survive. But it's not going to be easy.

Jagielka and Baines wil have to stay fit and play every league game. Saha, Anichebe and the scared looking guy as strikers and you think where the goals are going to come from? They are going to need to be water-tight at the back to survive.