You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

58 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

He's one cheeky fucking cunt:

The fact is, the fans have been spoiled here in recent times," he told Amazon Prime Video. "They're used to seeing us do very well at home and get good results. This year, we've not been able to do that."

Speaking to BBC Match of the Day, Hodgson added: "All our efforts, all our work, all our toughing it out to keep us in the game didn't create enough goal chances and, as a result, the fans are unhappy because they came here expecting us to blow this tiny Bournemouth team away.

"But this tiny Bournemouth team turned out to be a very good one.

"I think the players' efforts in the second half were worthy of some sort of support really. But the frustration is, [the fans] came tonight thinking this was going to be an easy win for Crystal Palace and it turned out to be a home defeat.

"We can't force the fans to stay behind them in those moments. We can't get them to do what they are so famed for doing if they chose not to do that."

Cheeky?  Sounds more like an arrogant cunt to me. How folks (not on here obviously) still defend him after the England debacle is beyond me.  

2 hours ago, Marko121 said:

The fact is, the fans have been spoiled here in recent times," he told Amazon Prime Video. "They're used to seeing us do very well at home and get good results. This year, we've not been able to do that."

Speaking to BBC Match of the Day, Hodgson added: "All our efforts, all our work, all our toughing it out to keep us in the game didn't create enough goal chances and, as a result, the fans are unhappy because they came here expecting us to blow this tiny Bournemouth team away.

"I think the players' efforts in the second half were worthy of some sort of support really. But the frustration is, [the fans] came tonight thinking this was going to be an easy win for Crystal Palace and it turned out to be a home defeat.

"We can't force the fans to stay behind them in those moments. We can't get them to do what they are so famed for doing if they chose not to do that."

Prickly little critter isn’t he? Always reminds me of Harold Steptoe when he talks. Which incidentally is what I tend to morph into whenever I’m doing an impression of him. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Marko121 said:

Ooh that takes me back. Very reminiscent of comments he made about us at some point.  Fan protests about H&G literally killing the club for a quick buck were described as ‘not helpful’. That and the lowering of expectations is all very him.

• Upvote 1

I’ve mentioned it before, and I’ll be forever mentioning it when he is mentioned, but his utter derision for Kenny at one of his first press conferences was the end of him for me. “It was never going to happen for him” or words to that effect after the king had thrown his hat in to try and steady the ship and bring some Liverpool way back to the club.

He was smirking as well as I remember it

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Curly said:

I’ve mentioned it before, and I’ll be forever mentioning it when he is mentioned, but his utter derision for Kenny at one of his first press conferences was the end of him for me. “It was never going to happen for him” or words to that effect after the king had thrown his hat in to try and steady the ship and bring some Liverpool way back to the club.

He was smirking as well as I remember it

Was an absolute cunt's trick that

• Upvote 1