You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why have we got a "go to last post" button..

...when all it does it take you halfway through the thread, whether or not you've added a post since your last visit to the thread? It's nothing I've done as the same thing happens on my work computer. Think someone else mentioned it here too.

This, along with the now defunct search button, irks me and causes me distress.

Mine works. When Firefox updated to version 5 it stopped working so I went back to 4 and all is well again.

Might give that a go. Although we're on ie at work. I think IT might be less than accommodating to my request to convert the entire company to FF4 on the basis that my "last post" button doesn't work. The business case would make amusing reading though.

Might give that a go. Although we're on ie at work. I think IT might be less than accommodating to my request to convert the entire company to FF4 on the basis that my "last post" button doesn't work. The business case would make amusing reading though.

There are portable versions of Firefox (for running from USB keys etc) that can help you around that.

Yes, this browser that works with every other forum i visit, that's what's at fault, not the forum that's had this same issue for a few years. :whatever:

Maybe if enough people took out a 6-month ST for only £12, it could help pay for a solution.*

*That is not singling you out Dude.

Trumo, the solution is already identified and corrected in the forum software by IB. I'm sure TLW will benefit from it in future versions.

What is IB?

As for future versions, I doubt I'll be upgrading any time soon as I tested Vbulletin 4 and it was horrible. I've no intention of installing that.

Ah yes, they took over it and it went to shit. I remember reading all kinds of complaints from vb users when I was trying to figure out exactly what the fuck was going on with version 4 and why was it so shit.

That was a year or so ago though, so hopefully they've managed to improve things a bit since then.

• 2 weeks later...
Just for the record, firefox's version 6 (most recent update) has not fixed there fucking bug, pieces of shit.

Back to version 4 it is.

Working fine for me using FF6....

EDIT: Well, it's working, sort of, on some threads, not at all on others....

Threads that I last checked using FF5 did not redirect correctly, at first, but after the threads had been updated and I went back to read them, the redirection worked fine.

New threads I have read using FF6, and subsequently gone back to once they've been updated, have directed successfully.