You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negged for pointing out LFD's inconsitency!!

I was inconsistent though.

I praised Broad for his performance, but still don't like him and don't think he deserved to be selected before the match.

I'd neg you again if I could. I hate it when people mention their negs on the site.

Best team in the world. Every department has quality, with quality waiting in the wings.

Not very often you can class England as world beaters, but this team are the exception.

Awesome stuff

England won this game. Fair and square. World beaters? Don't make me laugh.

And this team is not the exception either. They only beat SL because of a collapse no one expected. They beat India in this test mainly because India missed their prime bowler for most of the game. They also had other injuries and still took it within 30 overs to draw the game.

The remaining 3 test matches will say a lot about England as India with a full team can beat ANYONE.

Its only started and I can't wait for the 2nd test.

England are an excellent team, they have been for years. Yes they only snook a win against Sri Lanka, but did brilliantly to achieve that because of the time lost through rain.

They have a great batting line-up, a brilliant bowling attack, strength and depth and team spirit. They'll take some stopping.

I wouldnt say England are the best team in the world just yet. Id say India at full strength are a better side. But, give it 2/3 years, most of that Indian team will retired anyway whereas you'd think most of the England side will be still together.

The real test for England will come in the winter you'd think, when they travel out to India.

England won this game. Fair and square. World beaters? Don't make me laugh.

And this team is not the exception either. They only beat SL because of a collapse no one expected. They beat India in this test mainly because India missed their prime bowler for most of the game. They also had other injuries and still took it within 30 overs to draw the game.

The remaining 3 test matches will say a lot about England as India with a full team can beat ANYONE.

Its only started and I can't wait for the 2nd test.

Why can't some people just accept that we might just be good at something. The stats say that if we win this series by 2 then we become the number 1 ranked team in the world. We'll have achieved this by beating the current holders of that feat. We recently went and battered the aussies in their own back yard, we are the current world twenty20 champions. We have in cook and trott, two of the best and most inform batsmen out there. We have the best spinner, the best swing bowler, one of the best wicket keepers, the batting line up is long and talented, as is the bowling attack. We also have, probably, the best coach out there. You could go on and on, I won't as I can't be arsed but it staggers me how some peole refuse point blank to give England credit for anything.

We are awesome, stop looking for loopholes as to why we won, and just accept it might just be because we are quite good for a change.

We're good, get over it.

I wouldnt say England are the best team in the world just yet. Id say India at full strength are a better side. But, give it 2/3 years, most of that Indian team will retired anyway whereas you'd think most of the England side will be still together.

The real test for England will come in the winter you'd think, when they travel out to India.

I agree with that. England are a fantastic team right now with an excellent spirit running through the side. But are they the best team? I don't think so. They are a clear second at the minute though.

There are a few weaknesses in the England side, like any other team. The main thing I can see right now is that they haven't been put under a great deal of pressure recently. It will come at some point this series and it will be interesting to see how they cope.

A fascinating series nevertheless and I can't wait for the 2nd test to start.

Why can't some people just accept that we might just be good at something. The stats say that if we win this series by 2 then we become the number 1 ranked team in the world. We'll have achieved this by beating the current holders of that feat. We recently went and battered the aussies in their own back yard, we are the current world twenty20 champions. We have in cook and trott, two of the best and most inform batsmen out there. We have the best spinner, the best swing bowler, one of the best wicket keepers, the batting line up is long and talented, as is the bowling attack. We also have, probably, the best coach out there. You could go on and on, I won't as I can't be arsed but it staggers me how some peole refuse point blank to give England credit for anything.

We are awesome, stop looking for loopholes as to why we won, and just accept it might just be because we are quite good for a change.

We're good, get over it.

Whoa.....calm down.

I'm not taking anything away from England - any team can only beat what they are up against and they did it fair and square today.

See my above post. That is what I think. Forgive me.