You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good toss for India to win, with the overhead conditions at Lords.

Cook has just got out, which is a shame as he was looking very good till then.

How the fuck did Broad get selected over Bresnan? He gets less wickets, has a higher bowling average and is worse at batting with Bresnan. The stats all point to Bresnan - Broad is extremely lucky and hasn't offered much for a long time now.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good toss for India to win, with the overhead conditions at Lords.

Cook has just got out, which is a shame as he was looking very good till then.

How the fuck did Broad get selected over Bresnan? He gets less wickets, has a higher bowling average and is worse at batting with Bresnan. The stats all point to Bresnan - Broad is extremely lucky and hasn't offered much for a long time now.

Stuart Broad is a fucking cock.

Case closed.

Have India refused to use the referal system?

They've refused to use Hawk-Eye for LBW's, they believe the predictive element of it, and the blue strip down the wicket, is open to manipulation.

Of course, all the other Test playing nations are fine with it, but what India want, India get.

They've refused to use Hawk-Eye for LBW's, they believe the predictive element of it, and the blue strip down the wicket, is open to manipulation.

Of course, all the other Test playing nations are fine with it, but what India want, India get.

I thought the hawk-eye was working well.

That's a shame.

Have India refused to use the referal system?

Yes, They said that Hawkeye is not reliable enough......

Broad has been picked because he is captain of the t20 team. Thats all. They need to try and give him some cofidence. Broad will always take wickets though, he is just having a bad start to the season.

I don't think he is as good as people where making him out to be after the last but one ashes when he excelled but he still has youth on his side.

Shame that Cook has gone so early as he has really silenced his critics over the last 2 seasons. Myself being one of those. Strauss needs to have a good series to keep the captaincy imo.

I thought the hawk-eye was working well.

That's a shame.

It is, the ICC basically need to grow some bollocks and tell India to fuck off. DRS works well, but it has to be consistantly implemented or it's a complete joke. For instance, in a Test Match series both boards have to agree that DRS should be used, and what elements of it. So in this situation India initially said they didn't want any element of DRS, and then changed their mind but kept their objection to the use of hawk-eye. So England go from playing a Test Series against Sri Lanka

206_staring_frog_on_rock.gif

with full use of DRS to this one with no Hawk-Eye.

In addition, the pictures and technology for DRS are put together by the host broadcaster, so today by Sky. The host broadcaster in South Africa, however, doesn't have the appropriate technology / cameras for hot-spot, a key component of DRS in my view, so Test Matches in South Africa don't feature it (providing of course that the two boards can decide on using DRS in the first place).

So basically we have a situation where an international sport has it's rules chosen by those who compete in it and the broadcasters televising it, instead of by the spineless world governing body who are scared of upsetting India by saying 'these are the fucking rules, deal with it'.

Bah.

You won't win if Khan has torn his hamstring.

He has been superb so far.

The forecast is for 3 and a bit days of actual play due to rain, I can't see a result either way with two such quality sides.

If Khan has torn his hamstring rather than tweaked it then England should be series favourites especially with home advantage.

Will be interesting to see how they handle that pressure as I'm still not convinced how they'll perform as clear favourites and the pressure that will come with that.

Now they are saying cramp. Hope to fuck he is not out. Need him at his best here. Really hope injuries dont make things swing one way or the other. This is probably the best test series I`ve looked forward to in a bit with the teams matched up like they are.

If Khan is out for the next Test match then I wonder who will come in for him, the only one I can think of is Sreesanth.

If that cunt comes into replace Khan then I can't wait for him to come up against Trott. The way he takes his time over batting and the way he bats will piss that cunt off no end which will make the match worth watching by itself. If you hadn't noticed, I fucking hate Sreesanth.