You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's in your wallet?

Section_31

Two Co-op bank debit cards,

A Capital One credit card,

Santander ISA cash card,

Works ID badge,

Labour party membership card,

Loyalty/Discount cards for Tesco, Nectar, Boots, Ladbrokes, Subway, Wickes and American Golf,

The missus' business card and a photo of her and

£80 cash.

• 8 years later...

Just emptying my wallet now and:

A five pound note

Costco membership card

Knowsley Safari Park membership card 

Two TSB visa debit cards for different accounts

Lloyd’s visa debit card that expired in 2011

West Lancs gym card 

Labour Party membership card 

National insurance number card I got over 20 years ago

Lloyds gourmet society card which I didn’t know existed

European Health Insurance card 

Farmer Ted’s yearly pass card

Micro SD card with unknown content in the zip bit

Edit: Little laminated picture of my wife hidden down the back she must have slipped in.

17 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Also, I need a new wallet. Suggestions?

Go minimalist. I bought an RFID blocking one that's really just two bits of metal with an elasticated strap around it. Keeps a card or two snugly inside, and fold notes to pop under the band. Job done, and fits in any pocket.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Go minimalist. 

I added the little thing on the back of my phone - drivers license, AMEX and my debit card.

I do have a regular billfold for health insurance card, Costco, door/elevator access for downtown office etc. That just stays in my car

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I thought of doing that, but I'd prefer to only be half fucked if I lost my phone or wallet.

Yep - get that but the phone is worth more than anything else. Can renew DL here online and can get a replacement card anywhere in the world in 24 hours tops

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Yep - get that but the phone is worth more than anything else. Can renew DL here online and can get a replacement card anywhere in the world in 24 hours tops

As intrepid as I like to think I am, deep down I know if I was stranded anywhere without my phone or access to money, I'd be raped within a day.

I don't fancy testing that theory.

8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Nah I need a good few card sleeves and the like to shove stuff in for a couple of year that I’ve no intention of using.

I was always like that, my wallet could double as a door stop. The final nail was finding not one, but two Blockbuster cards in there.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I was always like that, my wallet could double as a door stop. The final nail was finding not one, but two Blockbuster cards in there.

I’d be made up to find a Blockbuster card. Though it would more like be a Lee Park video shop card in mine. 

2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

@Bjornebye have you lost your wallet?

I was just about to post that I got bought a brown leather Ralph Lauren wallet that I have never nor will ever use because I don’t use a wallet that you can have for

fuck all. Genuinely. 

You can get fucked now. 

Nah you can have it if you want it. 

Now, what’s on the micro sd card?

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I was just about to post that I got bought a brown leather Ralph Lauren wallet that I have never nor will ever use because I don’t use a wallet that you can have for

fuck all. Genuinely. 

You can get fucked now. 

Nah you can have it if you want it. 

Now, what’s on the micro sd card?

Cheers Stig but I’ve just been told to stop looking for a wallet as the baby has got me one for Father’s Day. So I’ll look forward to that with some trepidation. 

You should use your wallet though. First step to growing older; using a wallet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Ape said:

Nah I need a good few card sleeves and the like to shove stuff in for a couple of years that I’ve no intention of using.

Yep, you just never know when a debit card that expired 8 years ago will come in handy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

Yep, you just never know when a debit card that expired 8 years ago will come in handy.

MacGyver could make an airplane out of it. If you were on Naked and Afraid you could fashion it into some kind of knife - or maybe a spork.

Of course you wouldn't have your wallet on you on Naked and Afraid unless maybe you used Josef's wallet

My wallet is looking beat up so I’ve started using the card sleeves in my phone case. That means if I lose it then it’ll be a double whammy and I can spend a week backheeling myself in the gonads and calling myself a stupid cunt. 

In the phone, two debit cards, driving license, Turdsette’s library card and my membership card for the working men’s club. 

In the wallet that resides permanently on top of the microwave is a load of shit cards. Labour membership card, travel money card, other library cards, three ’business’ cards for various neurologists, Nectar card, Tesco card, bookies cards and probably one or two more that I’ve forgotten about.