You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where do you think Liverpool will finish next season?

Wor Horse

Final placing 2011/2012  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Final placing 2011/2012

I honestly think we`ll win it.

I`ve got great faith in kenny, he`s the one man who relishes taking it to Sir Cunt. He`s already put Wenger in his place.

Kenny builds exciting, attacking teams who score plenty of goals whilst still being tight at the back. I think we`ve seen the last of the safety first bullshit which has plagued us for the last decade or so, I think he`ll have us playing with an attitude that befits our status at last.

On the opposition, well Utd will be the main threat as usual and will win if we don`t.

Arsenal will be in the mix without having the tools or the balls to get the job done as usual.

Man City will surely go close given their unmatched wealth but I think too many egos will create a disruptive atmosphere plus the Manager will be under massive pressure to deliver and every poor result will tighten the noose.

Chelsea look like an old team who are past their best and will need serious rebuilding. Unfortunately for them it seems that rebuild will have to be around their £50m flop who`s lost his mojo and already seems to be on the wane.

Tottenham have had their brief moment in the sun and will have to settle for 6th place again.

I really do believe it`s the start of our cycle again.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It depends solely on unknown variables. 1) The quality signings coming in. 2) How those signings perform. 3) Which players we lose. 4) Who our rivals purchase. 5) There is no number five. 6) How lucky we are with injuries.

I honestly think we`ll win it.

But what about that short period in time between Thursday and Sunday games?

How can we overcome that obstacle as the only team with such an hinderance fighting it out in the top?

No idea, but we now have the mental strength to have a decent go at the title as I think Kenny will setup each game next season for the win.

Depends if we build up a decent enough momentum after a positive few buys in the summer.

Our squad might need a couple of summers strengthening as we can't play for a whole season on a high, some depth might need to come into it If there are injuries to key players.

But what about that short period in time between Thursday and Sunday games?

How can we overcome that obstacle as the only team with such an hinderance fighting it out in the top?

Wednesday to Saturday is the same time period for the CL teams or even Saturday to Tuesday.

The one benefit we have is that in the early stages of the Europa the teams are far weaker than what the top 4 will be facing in the CL so the squad will be utilised far more thus protecting the bigger players which is a luxury the others will be loathe to risk. And it can be used as great opportunity to give some of the younger lads invaluable experience. I think we will have a good go at winning the Europa but if we go out early no one really cares and the cash loss to the club is negligible really. The CL teams will be under far more pressure as they will have far more to lose.

Some things are only a problem if you allow them to be. Plus we still might`nt qualify yet.

Thats the problem though....... expectation, the same happened when Rafa came 2nd, everyone expected us to win the league the following season, when we finish 7th..... it just wasn't good enough, we know what happen then, calls for his head.

No-one expected us to win the league. No-one in full possession of their marbles anyway.

This a completely different scenario. Dalglish will make some bewildering team selections on occasion, we may get heavily beaten on occasion - some supporters on here have to learn not to panic. At least we know the players all want to play for him, and the club is as one. I think we'll come 2nd, if we make 3 or 4 top quality signings. If I'm wrong, and we win the league, I'll get over it.

Wednesday to Saturday is the same time period for the CL teams or even Saturday to Tuesday.

The one benefit we have is that in the early stages of the Europa the teams are far weaker than what the top 4 will be facing in the CL so the squad will be utilised far more thus protecting the bigger players which is a luxury the others will be loathe to risk. And it can be used as great opportunity to give some of the younger lads invaluable experience. I think we will have a good go at winning the Europa but if we go out early no one really cares and the cash loss to the club is negligible really. The CL teams will be under far more pressure as they will have far more to lose.

Some things are only a problem if you allow them to be. Plus we still might`nt qualify yet.

I think Frode may be being sarcastic here.

There is not a lot of difference in quality between the first teams of the top 6 as proven by the results between these teams. However there is a difference in size of squad and perhaps most importantly quality, experience and approach of the manager.

History does however indicate that generally teams with at least 3/4 british players, usually in core positions, tend to win the title. So my take would be as follows, and obviously this could radically change with the summer transfer window.

Man Utd, Ageing squad in defence and creative midfield areas with a question mark over how much borrowed money the Glazers are willing to make available to improve team. Manager is by far their trump card.

Chelsea, potenially a new manager and a major clear-out with a new attractive style of play demanded by the owner. Can never be written off as they are still likely to contain players who have experience of winning but will be difficult as they enter a transitional period.

Arsenal, Groundhog day for the last 5 years, perfect until February and then a collapse when the race enters the final sprint - lack leadership across the spine of the team and unless that changes likely to be the same old picture next year.

Man City, deep squad littered with high class talent but lack flair and creativity as they are handicaped by the negative tactics of Mancini - highlighted perfectly by the fact that an additional 133M has been invested in the squad since last summer for a net gain of a few points.

Spurs, will struggle to maintain the same depth of squad with no European football and likely to suffer post champions league depression unless major investment in the 1st team squad.

Liverpool, have the best placed manager to challenge Ferguson at United for the no.1 spot provided the correct level of investment in the 1st team squad is forthcoming.

In conclusion, if a team outside the top two is going to make the jump for the title then this one is the most likely to date.

Right now I don't care where we finish next season. I'll feel differently eventually, but right now I'm looking forward to next season purely on the basis that Kenny is home for good. That we'll have some great players playing some great football.

Like Kenny says, let's take it one game at a time and not get carried away with ourselves.

In 08/09, I felt that was our chance and we kinda wasted it, and as soon as Xabi went, I was very pessimistic. I'm surprised so many people expected great things in 09/10.

Feel different now though, I feel next season could be the first of many chances to achieve great things, well hopefully.

I think we'll finish 2nd, hopeful for 1st though, especially the season after. Top 4 would be cool too though, gotta start somewhere. Ha, I really don't know, but I'm confident.

Why not win it? this game is 60% mental and after Kenny we've seen how the same players we considered mediocre ( with the exception of Vampire) are performing unbelievably week in week out. So with the addition of 3/4 quality players I can see us giving Manure and et al a good run for their money. We're gonna want to win it next year and we will!

I went for 3rd.

It is entirely possible that we could finish 1st however, if we made the right signings and they fitted into the team straightaway, without any 'gelling in period.'

The scum will be there or thereabouts as usual, although their team needs strengthening.

Chelsea will win it I reckon, they will buy a couple of players in the summer and their ageing squad have got another season maybe two at the highest level before the majority of it needs replacing. I reckon they'll be hungry for it before they retire. They shouldve pissed the league this year really but after an amazing start fell away mid season.

Arsenal could win it if winger bought a world class centre back, defensive mid, goalkeeper and another striker option, but he'll probably stick to the tried and failed method of his kids, so 4th for them. Fabregas could also possibly leave in the summer.

With City it depends on whether they sack Mancini and if they do who do they bring in? They've spent shitloads on a lot of good but not great players, but of course they could always go out and buy more. The only players I'd honestly have from them are Tevez, Silva and possibly Toure and Johnson.

Spurs will fall by the wayside I reckon cos 'Arry is a cunt. 6th or even lower for them

My two cents...

i think we'll win it if after ten games we are unbeaten and we've won about 6 or 7 of them

I agree - it depends on the start we make.

I am going optimistically for third, with a real, genuine push the following year. However, the discussion is a little lacking in rigour as we don't even know what our team / others' teams will be!

We have just won an away game 5-2 so we're all optimistic. If we lose the last two we'll no doubt have a change of heart. We're fickle us fans!

However, I've got to say the mancs winning 19 could be one of the best things to happen to us. Seeing your enemy in front is much more of a goal than waiting for them to catch up from behind. Just the kick we need.

And once the momentum is up....19, 20, 21.....

This argument is pretty shite to be honest.

What differerence are there between Wednesday-Saturday games compared to Thursday-Sunday games?

The difference is that if you are in the Europa League you can rest far more players than in the CL.

It should play in our advantage instead of disadvantage and if we bring no European footy at all into it I`d argue no midweek games at all will be to few games and it will be difficult to keep the momentum and the squad players will not get enough games to keep them ready.

agree there.. how many games do the top clubs play on saturday at 3pm anyway? not many... still 2nd for me... but ynk....

agree there.. how many games do the top clubs play on saturday at 3pm anyway? not many... still 2nd for me... but ynk....

Hmmm, very similar posting style to that sgerrard/king luis person that was banned a few months back. Specifically the ... multiple times in each post and the inabilty to use capital letters.

Guest San Don

Depends if we get lee mason to ref many of our games. If he is in charge of too many, 3rd. If he isnt, we could hit number 1.