You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

CBS isn't right wing though is it? 

In the American media, they're all right wing, it’s just that those who don’t call for the shootings of foreigners or the dark skinned are called left wing. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with people? I assume those surveyed aren't just toothless trailer trash? And there's actually some supposedly normal educated people in there. It's fucking astonishing..

Always kinda baffles me when people in the UK, of all places, assume people who vote for and support Trump are obviously think as shit "toothless trailer trash". I don't know why this would astonish anyone in the UK after what the UK has lived through in the last decade.

After all, this was a country where the Poundland version of the bloke became mayor of London, was the single greatest reason the UK is out of the EU, won an astonishingly large landslide general election victory, remains really popular and maintains fierce loyalty from people in certain sectors of society who trust every word that comes out of his mouth.

Johnson supporters aren't thick or poor. They live among you. They're your neighbours and work colleagues. Same with Trump and, the richer the area (particularly here in Florida) the more flags and banners you'll see in support of him. You should see the fucking boats go by on the intercostal in Fort Lauderdale with their Trump flags...

The answers you seek are available and very much closer to home.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Chris said:

Always kinda baffles me when people in the UK, of all places, assume people who vote for and support Trump are obviously think as shit "toothless trailer trash". I don't know why this would astonish anyone in the UK after what the UK has lived through in the last decade.

After all, this was a country where the Poundland version of the bloke became mayor of London, was the single greatest reason the UK is out of the EU, won an astonishingly large landslide general election victory, remains really popular and maintains fierce loyalty from people in certain sectors of society who trust every word that comes out of his mouth.

Johnson supporters aren't thick or poor. They live among you. They're your neighbours and work colleagues. Same with Trump and, the richer the area (particularly here in Florida) the more flags and banners you'll see in support of him. You should see the fucking boats go by on the intercostal in Fort Lauderdale with their Trump flags...

There's a lot to wonder about with Johnson voters and for sure it's a bit weird, but I think in this country, those who voted for him didn't care if he was honest, they just liked him. The thing I find weird about trump, it as mad as he is and as much as he lies, his people don't think he's either mad or a liar. I think the mob here might have accepted Johnson as mad. They kind of knew he was a liar and let him ride it till he lies were so bad it was done. I don't think that has happened at all in the US. In fact I would say, the more trump lies, the more he's liked. 

• Upvote 1

Murdoch and his ilk select the will of the people. Trump is dumb as fuck its clear in every single sentence he speaks so people think he's outside the circle pissing in but he's not he's a massive narcissist who believes he is the circle and he pisses and shits out on everybody but for ordinary people what's the difference anyway, the rich get richer the ball keeps rolling down the hill regardless. Genuine change won't be allowed its demonised as soon as the first shoots are shown.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Guilliani. Would certainly explain his behaviour over the last few years

Yep. 

John Lithgow does a great impersonation of him on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.  

On 22/08/2023 at 22:45, Chris said:

They are still thick as pig shit for voting the likes of them in.  No free pass here.