You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Donald Trump appeared to stumble over his words when he was asked to state his full name and age at his arraignment on charges of attempting to overturn the 2020 election.

He was made to wait about 25 minutes before the magistrate judge entered the room at 4.15pm, and appeared nervous and fidgety.

US Magistrate Judge Moxila Upadhyaya then asked the former president to state his full name.

“Donald J Trump — John — Donald John Trump,” Mr Trump replied hesitantly.

He was then asked for his date of birth, and tripped over his words again. At first, he said “seven seven,” before correcting himself and saying “77”.

Intellectual Dork Web guy not into throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks :

No idea how many of these Trump charges are right but I don't think it has to mean flailing about madly at all. Even though it might often look like that, it can be a good strategy I think. The important things can be how much of it is right, whether or not you're throwing a load of crap in there as filler for the sake of it and the intent behind it.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chat alot of shit, get banged alot.

I think throwing shit (shit not having to mean bullshit/lies) to see what sticks can be done purely in a bad way, purely good or a mix. Some people just do it knowing they're talking crap but wondering if any of it will be believed, others can do it believing some or most is right but not being totally sure if it's all right. As long as they don't know any of it is lies I think it can be a good way of highlighting problems/potential problems. And then there can be a mixture.

In this Trump case there's that many that I guess it could be a mixture but it seems like they're trying as hard as they can to make sure he doesn't run again so a narrow focus on a couple of issues might not work with a judge, throwing enough shit at the wall though might have a better result of getting him.

41 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

In this Trump case there's that many that I guess it could be a mixture but it seems like they're trying as hard as they can to make sure he doesn't run again so a narrow focus on a couple of issues might not work with a judge, throwing enough shit at the wall though might have a better result of getting him.

This argument might hold water if the facts didn't show that he has committed every single transgression he has been indicted for. That is not alot of "shit" - that is alot of crimes. That are, and should be, prosecuted. The fact that he felt emboldened to commit these around the same time is probably an issue we should look at y'know.

Do you honestly think if anyone had anything that Joe Biden could be indicted for it wouldn't be plastered all over the media and tinterweb?

Just a single actual crime. Not alot of "shit", just one actual crime that a prosecutor follows through on.

There are plenty of Trump supporting prosecutors.

• Upvote 3

Less than 24 hours after his arraignment he put out his threatening truth social post, followed it up with a picture of all of his favourite left-wing hates - Biden, Smith, etc - then, no doubt after his lawyers shit a brick, deleted it and put out an explanatory lie that it was aimed at the Koch brothers. The bed wetting coward. Lock him up.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

This argument might hold water if the facts didn't show that he has committed every single transgression he has been indicted for. That is not alot of "shit" - that is alot of crimes. That are, and should be, prosecuted. The fact that he felt emboldened to commit these around the same time is probably an issue we should look at y'know.

Do you honestly think if anyone had anything that Joe Biden could be indicted for it wouldn't be plastered all over the media and tinterweb?

Just a single actual crime. Not alot of "shit", just one actual crime that a prosecutor follows through on.

There are plenty of Trump supporting prosecutors.

Trump and Biden are both a pair of lying fraudulent criminals that should be nowhere near being president.

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You're equivocating like a motherfuck, you Belarus trollfarm you.

Imagine thinking Biden couldn't be indicted for anything if they really went for it. You could do it to almost any world leader on the planet, but not Uncle Joe apparently.

These people are above the law, we've known this most of our lives. Trump was too crazy for them though.

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Imagine thinking Biden couldn't be indicted for anything if they really went for it. You could do it to almost any world leader on the planet, but not Uncle Joe apparently.

These people are above the law, we've known this most of our lives. Trump was too crazy for them though.

Well. Trump is far and away one of the biggest cunts of the last 50 years. I don’t think Biden’s in his league. Trump is a cunt and I learned that from him, not from MSM. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Imagine thinking Biden couldn't be indicted for anything if they really went for it.

They tried.

Remember Trump actually was the President who weaponized the DOJ.

You may have a great point about both of them - one of them has been indicted and will be prosecuted. Is he guilty?

13 minutes ago, bossy said:

Well. Trump is far and away one of the biggest cunts of the last 50 years. I don’t think Biden’s in his league. Trump is a cunt and I learned that from him, not from MSM. 

He might not be in his league for outright crazy but for corruption he might not be far off.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You may have a great point about both of them - one of them has been indicted and will be prosecuted. Is he guilty?

Like I said at the start, if you issue a big enough list of things surely something will stick. No idea what happens next if that happens though. You mentioned a weaponized DOJ but that's the same as what millions of Republicans probably see now. Biden's main rival ending up in jail probably isn't going to make things more peaceful in the US in the near term.

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

He might not be in his league for outright crazy but for corruption he might not be far off.

Like I said at the start, if you issue a big enough list of things surely something will stick. No idea what happens next if that happens though. You mentioned a weaponized DOJ but that's the same as what millions of Republicans probably see now. Biden's main rival ending up in jail probably isn't going to make things more peaceful in the US in the near term.

I don’t get defending him at all. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bossy said:

I don’t get defending him at all. 

I'm not defending Trump, I mainly think in the long run though Republicans are likely to do the same then everything turns more chaotic. Here's an example of how things can backfire :

Hunter Biden, FARA and Unequal Justice

A bad law used against Trump associates now haunts President Biden’s son.

Unequal justice has emerged as a theme in the Hunter Biden plea deal, and one example came last week when Judge Maryellen Noreika asked the prosecution and defense in court if their agreement meant the President’s son could still be prosecuted for violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Hunter’s lawyers said no, but the prosecutor said yes, and Hunter can thank Robert Mueller if he is prosecuted under that statute.

FARA is a long-ignored law dating to 1938 that special counsel Mueller brought out of mothballs in an attempt to pry information out of Donald Trump’s associates. It requires Americans acting as an “agent of a foreign principal” under most circumstances to register with the U.S. government. As we noted at the time, in the nearly half-century up to 2016 the Justice Department brought only seven criminal FARA cases and won three convictions. The rarity of prosecutions created much confusion about how and when the law applies.

A FARA prosecution has political implications for President Biden. To have his son acting as a foreign agent while they were travelling to the relevant foreign countries together on Air Force Two would make the President’s claims of ignorance about Hunter’s business even harder to believe. This is guaranteed to be an issue in his 2024 bid for re-election—not least because staffers in the Obama Administration sent up red flags about Hunter’s lucrative work on the board of Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company.

FARA has never been clearly defined and is used selectively. That is the definition of a bad law that is too easy for prosecutors to exploit against their political enemies.

Democrats have reason to say that if everyone in Washington who violates FARA were prosecuted for it, half the lobbyists would be out of business. But this would be a more persuasive argument if they had made it when Robert Mueller was busy using it against their political enemies.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I'm not defending Trump, I mainly think in the long run though Republicans are likely to do the same then everything turns more chaotic. Here's an example of how things can backfire :

But this is about Trump and you keep bringing up Biden. It’s nothing to do with him, a separate issue. Classic Trump fan behaviour as far as I can see, all over the Internet, so that’s why it appears you are defending Trump. You aren’t condemning him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, bossy said:

But this is about Trump and you keep bringing up Biden. It’s nothing to do with him, a separate issue. Classic Trump fan behaviour as far as I can see, all over the Internet, so that’s why it appears you are defending Trump. You aren’t condemning him. 

Not even Biden, but his fucking kid who isn't the fucking president.

EmAILs!!!

• Upvote 2