You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ted also wasn’t paying attention to the Bourne films - an operative trained by torture to carry out illegal assassinations, who turned against his CIA handlers and dismantled their illegal operations. Good job, Ted.

EDIT: My favourite insult for Ted Cruise on Twitter is #FatWolverine.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Ted also wasn’t paying attention to the Bourne films - an operative trained by torture to carry out illegal assassinations, who turned against his CIA handlers and dismantled their illegal operations. Good job, Ted.

EDIT: My favourite insult for Ted Cruise on Twitter is #FatWolverine.

I quite liked the first reply to him "You're the zodiac killer" 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, bless those gullible Proud Boys, doing time for a guy who they've since realised doesn't care two fucks about them. It'd be nice to think that this was the start of a wider questioning of Trump among his cult, but they seem unwavering in their devotion to the Orange One. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that, since this rant went public, the Proud Boys leaders have been getting death threats, dogshit and accusations of leftism in the post.

2 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Ah, bless those gullible Proud Boys, doing time for a guy who they've since realised doesn't care two fucks about them. It'd be nice to think that this was the start of a wider questioning of Trump among his cult, but they seem unwavering in their devotion to the Orange One. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that, since this rant went public, the Proud Boys leaders have been getting death threats, dogshit and accusations of leftism in the post.

And trump would think leaving them on the battlefield while surviving himself was a sign of his greatness. He is after all a man who thinks those who die in war are losers. You'd have thought this would given these pricks a clue. 

51 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

And trump would think leaving them on the battlefield while surviving himself was a sign of his greatness. He is after all a man who thinks those who die in war are losers. You'd have thought this would given these pricks a clue. 

The smart thing to do in Trump's mind is to bail out with the bone spurs card in the first instance. Going to war is for losers, never mind losing on the battlefield, which is a double L, a huge L, the hugest L in the history of the world.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Still thing if the cunt is alive when the next election come he will win. Can't see Biden drawing the same numbers again. 

Even if Biden (or some other Dem) draw high numbers the GOP will just claim fraud and refuse to certify certain counties in order to hand the State EC votes to Trump (or other GOP). They are being perfectly transparent about what they will be willing to do in 2024 but I don't think most people on the Dem side or the media understand that yet. 

Still don't reckon he'll run again, why would he? He never wanted to be president anyway. He might start a run, clean up loads of fundraising cash but then mysteriously drop out. The next republican candidate is likely to be one of these weird birds from Wyoming or some shit, Q-anon types who shoot their own kids. 

Cause he's a massive narcissist who has had a taste of being top dog. I think the only way he won't run again is if the Republican party manage to take him into the woods and pop him off, but at the moment the party seems to be under his control.

I'm not convinced he would win though. I think he lost a lot of supporters over the post election events.

The only way he doesn't run is if he is dead or incapacitated. Anyone who believes he is going to jail is nuts, he'll never even be prosecuted.  If he runs the nomination is his, you might see a Liz Cheney or Larry Hogan run against him in a doomed to fail "fight for the soul of the party" protest campaign. DeSantis of Florida will likely be his VP. 

In the General election he only has to finish as close to Biden (or Harris) as he did last fall, this time the GOP will manipulate the certifications to put him over the top. This will happen.  

That's why he'll likely run again, because he is reasonably assured a victory, and obtaining revenge is one of Trump's strongest motivations to do anything.

A majority of white Americans voted for him last November despite everything. A strong majority of those voters don't just support him (despite everything), they believe he actually won and that the election was stolen from him. They also fervently believe the only way of saving and preserving their way of life is to make him POTUS again. They don't care how it's done because they fully believe the system is already fraudulent. Putin has definitively achieved that objective. 

American democracy really is hanging on the thin hope that somewhere in Trump's body a blood vessel will rupture between now and 2024. 

I always find that for a country founded with egalitarianism in mind, the political dynasties in the US stick out like a sore thumb. You've got the Kennedys, the Bushes, the would-be Clintons (a small mercy she didn't win in 2016 otherwise the fighting in Gaza right now would be done with sticks and stones). If Biden doesn't get his shit together we will be seeing an orange-hued one in 2024 and for the foreseeable future (and not the marching kind).

I think a lot will depend on the mid-terms. If The GOP, particularly Trump acolytes, do badly then a momentum may gather against him and his more prominent supporters might start looking elsewhere.

Ultimately, the Republicans are like our Tories, they do so well electorally because that's basically what they're in it for. Ideology and convictions take a back seat to the business of winning. That's why so many Reps are behind him now - because they believe he represents the best chance of them winning. In terms of ideology, he's far removed from the typical Republican politician on many issues, although he's done a good job so far of convincing the base that he's on their side.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I think a lot will depend on the mid-terms. If The GOP, particularly Trump acolytes, do badly then a momentum may gather against him and his more prominent supporters might start looking elsewhere.

Ultimately, the Republicans are like our Tories, they do so well electorally because that's basically what they're in it for. Ideology and convictions take a back seat to the business of winning. That's why so many Reps are behind him now - because they believe he represents the best chance of them winning. In terms of ideology, he's far removed from the typical Republican politician on many issues, although he's done a good job so far of convincing the base that he's on their side.

Hahahaha grid manc avatar. Superb will rep when I’m reloaded 

2 hours ago, magicrat said:

I reckon DT jnr will run . 

I honestly don't think any of them will, all they care about is money, there's no money in politics not at the type of levels they're looking for. Trump only ran because he wanted to get a pay rise when he found out Gwen Stefani was making more from the TV network than he was, he deliberately tried to sabotage himself with outrageous comments and everyone made him more, not less, popular.

He was supposedly shellshocked when he won, Melania was crying, only Bannon was made up. When he was actually president at that stage it just became siege mentality as his ego and fragile mind couldn't cope with any of it. I don't think there's any chance any of them would willingly walk back into it. 

• Upvote 1