You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Graham I've just one question, how much money have you in guaranteed pledges, I notice on rawk you where implying SOS had 60,000 pledges of £500, £30m, when were these pledges made and how are you so sure people are good for the money and still willing to pay after the takeover, I personally was willing to buy 4 £500 shares if it helped get rid of H&G, I wouldn't be willing to now, and I bet 90% of people feel the same.

You've mentioned that £30m on several occasions, I personally don't think you could raise £3m never mind £30m, and this latest interference and aggression towards the owners is totally irresponsible, as Alan has pointed out were now been run properly and have pulled off a marketing coup that had united done it we'd be crying saying we're fallen behind again

I don't agree.

I'll bet your £2000 that if FSG came out and said that they saw supporter investment as a great way of financing a refurbished stadium and it would be part of total engagement with supporters giving them some direct influence and recognition, then the vast majority of those who said they would be willing to purchase would stay on board - maybe even you.

I don't think the majority of people were in for supporter investment solely to see Hicks and Gillett out, there was an awakening of supporters realising that they should have more direct influence in the Club and the investment could be completely positive for the Club.

Supporter investment is a long term scheme anyway - FSG will presumably cash in at some point (which is perfectly reasonable) and at that point we'll be back at square one wondering who's next to walk up and buy us - no reason that supporters haven't got a foot in the door by that time.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably because he is also representing there othere business interests as well. I honestly don't give a fuck, as long as he can earn us money in places that we need to conqueur then I could not careless what he gets.

We need to generate huge money that's all, we can spend what we earn so we need to earn plenty.

Because all we want is a team that becomes the champions of England and Europe again, and that wont happen without quality players and that costs.

I'll have any money you want that supporter investment, club led, would generate far money for investment in our Club than he ever will.

If we're all about maximising our financial muscle (and I agree with you subject to us not selling our soul again) supporter investment generates far more than he ever will.

At the end of the day you can do both - if the Club got behind it then Trucker Paddy's view that it is a dead duck would be proved within a month as no one wanted to invest.

The potential reality, until the owners respond, is possibly that they want our support but don't trust us with any direct influence (and I am not talking control).

I think there's an element of reaction to many things by them - the supporter committee (have you applied?) is a response to the Union's role and I understand you've had some feedback suggesting some sort of season ticket purchase assistance is in the offing, which in itself is a reaction to the Union's (and other supporters) saying for months that the Club should do more to help.

Any news on the latter?

I don't agree.

I'll bet your £2000 that if FSG came out and said that they saw supporter investment as a great way of financing a refurbished stadium and it would be part of total engagement with supporters giving them some direct influence and recognition, then the vast majority of those who said they would be willing to purchase would stay on board - maybe even you.

I don't think the majority of people were in for supporter investment solely to see Hicks and Gillett out, there was an awakening of supporters realising that they should have more direct influence in the Club and the investment could be completely positive for the Club.

Supporter investment is a long term scheme anyway - FSG will presumably cash in at some point (which is perfectly reasonable) and at that point we'll be back at square one wondering who's next to walk up and buy us - no reason that supporters haven't got a foot in the door by that time.

I'll ask again how much have you got in guaranteed pledges, given since the idea was muted there's been a takeover and a worldwide recession, do you think it would be an idea to contact anybody who's made a pledge to see if there still intrested

I don't agree.

You lot started out in the right direction, SOS, and you had some sound lads aboard... What the fuck happened to you? You got a bit of recognition, and got ambitious. You won't get a seat on the board, SOS, so fucking fuck off already.

You're just a vocal MINORITY supporters group of our great club. If the owners want supporter investment, then they can get it from the supporters themselves directly, who want nothing but to see the club succeed, and not get someone's fucking unworthy arse on a chair at the high table.

We don't need someone who knows fuck all about running a football club getting his nose stuck into shit.

You lot are antagonizing our new owners, and frankly, you're fucking embarrassing the lot of us with your group's actions. SOS thinks their group is still important, but here's a Fromer's funfact: SOS IS NOT IMPORTANT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT LFC'S SUPPORTERS.

If crisis arises again, and I pray it doesn't, I wouldn't want SOS trying to leapfrog disaster to wrestle a seat of power at our club.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
if FSG came out and said that they saw supporter investment as a great way of financing a refurbished stadium

If they did that, they'd be fucking idiots. From a financial perspective, I mean. So far, their business acumen has been there for all to see.

At the end of the day we will have to wait and see if the identifiable commercial benefit to LFC is significant based upon the effort he puts in.

Then why haven't you done that? Why have you decided to go on the offensive with this 'part of the club has been given away for nothing' shtick? You haven't waited, you haven't followed your own advice about reading-up and 'do[ing] a bit of research', you've gone straight in without a moments reflection of what this could bring, directly or indirectly, to the football club.

I don't agree.

I'll have any money you want that supporter investment, club led, would generate far money for investment in our Club than he ever will.

The old SOS Christmas kitty must be in rude health, eh!

You lot started out in the right direction, SOS, and you had some sound lads aboard... What the fuck happened to you? You got a bit of recognition, and got ambitious. You won't get a seat on the board, SOS, so fucking fuck off already.

You're just a vocal MINORITY supporters group of our great club. If the owners want supporter investment, then they can get it from the supporters themselves directly, who want nothing but to see the club succeed, and not get someone's fucking unworthy arse on a chair at the high table.

We don't need someone who knows fuck all about running a football club getting his nose stuck into shit.

You lot are antagonizing our new owners, and frankly, you're fucking embarrassing the lot of us with your group's actions. SOS thinks their group is still important, but here's a Fromer's funfact: SOS IS NOT IMPORTANT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT LFC'S SUPPORTERS.

If crisis arises again, and I pray it doesn't, I wouldn't want SOS trying to leapfrog disaster to wrestle a seat of power at our club.

I can't really begin to engage with this rant as it relays so many untruths and reflects the opposite of what is being discussed.

SOS is NOT seeking a role or ownership of part of the Club. Quite happy for you to point where we say anything even close to this when all the avaialble evidence shows the complete and utter opposite.

And in actual fact it is asking the Club to do what you've ranted about - a scheme launched and managed by the Club.

Even if we don't get any commercial benefit, we do not have the right to tell LeBron James to not invest in LFC. I would be worried if they sold a controlling stake to LeBron James but that hasn't happened. Agreed, these guys will eventually try to profit from the sale at a later date, but for them to make a profit they need to improve the club's fortunes. You want a stake in the club but from a business perspective it doesn't make sense for FSG to allow investors who will not improve the business. If they wanted casual investors then they might as well go public and issue an IPO.

I can't really begin to engage with this rant as it relays so many untruths and reflects the opposite of what is being discussed.

SOS is NOT seeking a role or ownership of part of the Club. Quite happy for you to point where we say anything even close to this when all the avaialble evidence shows the complete and utter opposite.

And in actual fact it is asking the Club to do what you've ranted about - a scheme launched and managed by the Club.

Don't worry, I'll get that 500 Euro for your fucking response in the mail immediately.

It's clear what SOS what... despite what SOS are saying.

James hasn't invested anything.

He's signed away marketing rights to a company called FSM (a subsidiary of FSG) and it is FSM that will make the return.

James has been given part of LFC for signing up with FSM. LFC get no direct benefit.

He hasnt invested cold hard cash, but part of his own image IS linked to LFC.

As already pointed out, we have been talked about on every major news network reporting this deal. That is major exposure and of benefit to our club.

No its not for me, I will be joining the committee at LFCSC this year as my father steps down, The fact LFCSC is to be recognised again is something I have worked hard on and its the original supporters club since 1953 and it means a lot to me, I want it to continue to grow.

I think so on season tickets, It was one of a few things I wanted the club to address, I put my thoughts forward after the initial meeting and it has a chance of happening, what it is,how it will work I have absolutly no idea.

Great news.

Hopefully the Credit Union cheaper loan scheme will be the benchmark they will seek to beat to benefit supporters.

I find it astonishing given what happened over the last few years that people are so against our owners being asked to clarify the situation.

I understand that many on here don't like SOS, and that's a perfectly reasonable position to take, but that doesn't automatically mean that everything they say is wrong.

For all their talk of loving Anfield and so on, FSG are businessmen and are here only to make money. For that reason, I won't automatically assume everything they do is definitely in the best interests of the football club.

If these questions had been posed by anyone other than SOS, would they have been met with anything like this level of hostility?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I find it astonishing given what happened over the last few years that people are so against our owners being asked to clarify the situation.

I don't think I've read a post from anybody here saying that there's a problem with them being asked to clarify the situation.

I don't think I've read a post from anybody here saying that there's a problem with them being asked to clarify the situation.

Perhaps not, it was very much a hungover skim read of the thread on my part, but weren't there a couple of posts saying that there was nothing to ask here?

In any event, I just meant that it would be a shame if a potentially valid point got drowned out by the usual arguments that occur every time SOS start a thread here. Of course, that might not happen if they didn't do a press release and new thread every time they wipe their arses.

On that note, I'm going back to bed, I'm far too hungover for the internet.

Doesn't it click with you that part of the Club has been given to this lad but the deal he has done is for his commercial benefit and not even FSG, it is a subsidiary of them called FSM.

He hasn't done any deal with either LFC or FSG - doesn't that make a big differecne when you know the full facts?

It will benefit the parent company FSG, which in turn should benefit all subsidiaries including us. The stronger the parent company, the less likely we will be screwed over like Hicks and Gillet tried with us.

Plus, Lebron James being associated with Liverpool brings massive exposure to us as well - the biggest sporting icon on the planet associating himself with one of the biggest sporting clubs is only going to benefit both parties financially.

I notice the question to how much money does SOS actually have hasn't been answered.

The answer is none as SOS aren't involved in setting up or collecting any supporter share directly.

However, I know what you're trying to get at (and of course the point you wish to score - I think I've now nearly ticked off that almost all the anti-SOS posters have now arrived here) but the point is the goalposts have moved since the takeover hence the strategy change which involves asking the owners their intentions and inviting them, for their, the Club and supporters' benefit to get behind a scheme.

You can't buy something that isn't for sale and you can't buy part of something if the seller won't name a price. At the time of our meltdown last year the aim was to have people ready to save the Club, the dynamic is entirely different now.

This would be put to bed once and for all if they answered and explained their answer.

So the short answer is there are still tens of thousands out there who would put up the sums (and many more thousands who would get behind a Club backed scheme) but understandably until there is a chance or opportunity (or at least a response) no one is going to pay into an account.

If we're all about maximising our financial muscle (and I agree with you subject to us not selling our soul again) supporter investment generates far more than he ever will.

At the end of the day you can do both - if the Club got behind it then Trucker Paddy's view that it is a dead duck would be proved within a month as no one wanted to invest.

Excuse me but how on earth have you reached this ridiculous conclusion?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Pardon the interruption.. but could someone please clarify something for me?

If Lebron has been given a percentage of the club ( regardless how small) would he then be considered a part owner?

If so, does the FA require him to pass the fit and proper ownership test?

Ta muchly

I think, without bothering to look, that the magic number is 10%. You've got to declare owners with 10% or more. I think.