You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

We’d get old to get on with it as every club has decisions going against them and we benefit more than everyone else. Then they’d go on about heysel all night 

Yep. Refs favour us because we get the most offside decisions and all our players are on peds. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm glad they're kicking off about it but imagine if that was us. 

We’d get old to get on with it as every club has decisions going against them and we benefit more than everyone else. Then they’d go on about heysel all night 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Him and Taylor shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near games involving the Manchester clubs, or games which they could benefit from the result. 

I'm shocked this level of bias goes on without a peep from the press or Managers. Imagine the outcry if they made Mike Reed ref when we play Citeh in a few weeks? Nailed on it’ll be Taylor…

EastEnders' 100 best characters ever - from Queen Sharon to a baby-faced  killer - Mirror Online

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

They angrily throw kids at the opposition, we pick them out of the crowd and have them lift trophies.

Yeah, but Alisson threw the kid off the balcony, Tsimakas spat on him and Elliot robbed a flare out of his pocket. The Powers that Be made sure it wasn't shown on telly, along with Klopp giving a brown envelope to Kepa.

2 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Have to wonder about the birthplace of Chris Kavanagh, who prevented the ref from checking the monitor to make a correct call for the pen.

Couldn't be possible that he was as born in G Manchester and has not declared an allegiance to a team, as that would make serious headlines about bias and call into question the integrity of the football authorities. So I’ll assume he not…

His brother is a City season ticket holder apparently. The whole family are meant to be City fans.

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Lampard pretty much accused the VAR ref of being incompetent and possibly bent. If he doesn't get a major shellacking for that there's something seriously wrong.

He was dead right though. The ref not giving it was understandable, his view was obscured by a couple of players and the arm was even the wrong side of the player to see the contact, but the failure of VAR to give it, or at the very least to tell the ref to look again, was either incompetent or bent. I still think more likely the former than the latter, but it can’t be neither.

31 minutes ago, Em City said:

His brother is a City season ticket holder apparently. The whole family are meant to be City fans.

His Wikipedia page has been repeatedly edited with words like 'corrupt' and 'his brother is a City supporter' since the Everton game. Each time it has been quickly reverted back to its original version.

2 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

He was dead right though. The ref not giving it was understandable, his view was obscured by a couple of players and the arm was even the wrong side of the player to see the contact, but the failure of VAR to give it, or at the very least to tell the ref to look again, was either incompetent or bent. I still think more likely the former than the latter, but it can’t be neither.

Well he was right about the incompetence, but saying it was 'incompetent at best" and a "professional who cannot do his job right" - other managers have been censured for saying less than that so there'd better be some consistency. Klopp could have said that after the Spurs game but 'The German' would have been vilified for it in the media. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I reckon the esk hates Everton on the sly.

I was expecting someone to have called him a Wall pushing Cunt in the replies but it’s surprisingly mild 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The apology thing is proper cringe. You almost feel sorry for them now, it's like watching an ageing Doberman gnawing on its own balls.

What’s this? 

8 hours ago, Red74 said:

Demanding an apology this morning over the handball not being given.

If ever a club defined themselves by decisions going against them its this shower and they call us victims.

I remember watching them in either a League cup or FA cup game a few years back against City. Some decision went against them about halfway through the game and you could physically see the Everton players give up, safe in the knowledge they had an inbuilt excuse for why they lost. I thought to myself we'd never do that. We'd play to the whistle trying to win. And our players (and by extension the fans) would believe we could win. That's the difference between the two clubs. 

• Upvote 2

It's weird the way they laugh off other teams getting decisions going their way or make no comment on them. They've not been bothered about City getting favourable cup draws or penalties hitting players ribcages. They are the same when we get injuries and tell us to get on with it. I've seen loads of them laughing about that game where Kompany never got sent off and the ball not going over the line. They've took City flags to their own games too. 

They've been quite happy sitting back and admiring City because them doing well usually means we won't win anything. Its amazing when they have something at stake and it affects them directly they are suddenly arsed and panicking. This might end their City love in, especially if they get relegated. 

1 hour ago, Boss said:

I remember watching them in either a League cup or FA cup game a few years back against City. Some decision went against them about halfway through the game and you could physically see the Everton players give up, safe in the knowledge they had an inbuilt excuse for why they lost. I thought to myself we'd never do that. We'd play to the whistle trying to win. And our players (and by extension the fans) would believe we could win. That's the difference between the two clubs. 

Remember that derby when gerrard was sent off?

It was 1 all at the time I think? And we turned them over 3 1(think garcia scored a peach)

Moyes came our afterwards and said the decision changed the game.

Only at Everton could the opposition lose their best player and its still a disadvantage.