You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Just been out to watch a mates band play and one of the lads was a blue (I didn't mention I was a red cos couldn't be arsed) he was the most normal level headed guy you've met and talked sense....until he thought the basist looked like Gary Mac when he totally changed and spewed some bile about how he hates him and glad his wife died.

I didn't acknowledge and just let it ride.

Later on he gets on about how if Everton finished top 4 they wouldn't be allowed them in the CL as it's a closed shop so I asked him about Leicester and he changed to they are going to do an aggregate points over 4 years to stop that happening in future.

Next he goes on to their imaginary stadium which apparently hasn't been built as redshite fans phoned in to complain about government funding so the council folded.

It's amazing how much in their thoughts we are and how they can turn just like that

• Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Just been out to watch a mates band play and one of the lads was a blue (I didn't mention I was a red cos couldn't be arsed) he was the most normal level headed guy you've met and talked sense....until he thought the basist looked like Gary Mac when he totally changed and spewed some bile about how he hates him and glad his wife died.

I didn't acknowledge and just let it ride.

Later on he gets on about how if Everton finished top 4 they wouldn't be allowed them in the CL as it's a closed shop so I asked him about Leicester and he changed to they are going to do an aggregate points over 4 years to stop that happening in future.

Next he goes on to their imaginary stadium which apparently hasn't been built as redshite fans phoned in to complain about government funding so the council folded.

It's amazing how much in their thoughts we are and how they can turn just like that

Believe me if he took pleasure out of a woman dying he was never level headed to begin with. I think animal may be the word you were looking for.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Well we take the piss out of them but at least they’re fucking trying, not just hiding behind a genius.

You must be joking. They've continuously "tried" and failed since Bobby Brown Shoes' roaring 5th place in 2014. Meanwhile in that time period we've built a side that has won the league and Champions League. You're giving them points for having to rebuild their shite squad year after year, but we've got a nearly complete, successful squad and we're hiding? 

Absolute bizarro land post. Jesus Christ. Up there with the worst. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

You must be joking. They've continuously "tried" and failed since after Bobby Brown Shoes' roaring 5th place in 2014. Meanwhile in that time period we've built a side that has won the league and Champions League. You're giving them points for having to rebuild their shite squad year after year, but we've got a nearly complete, successful squad and we're hiding? 

Absolute bizarro land post. Jesus Christ. Up there with the worst. 

Yeah, I don’t really care what you think to be honest.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Believe me if he took pleasure out of a woman dying he was never level headed to begin with. I think animal may be the word you were looking for.

No I know what you are saying, I just meant he came across as a proper sound bloke really nice guy but minute something related to us came into his head it was like a switch flicked.

Apologies I definitely wasnt making light of the comment I just thought it best not to pick him up on it as I didn't want to cause a scene... maybe I should have 

4 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

No I know what you are saying, I just meant he came across as a proper sound bloke really nice guy but minute something related to us came into his head it was like a switch flicked.

Apologies I definitely wasnt making light of the comment I just thought it best not to pick him up on it as I didn't want to cause a scene... maybe I should have 

As nasty as he is, it's probably best you didn't. He would have just roundhouse kicked you into next week, and then gone on GOT to tell them.

33 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

One of the bosses in my old place was the most level headed fella with a very responsible job, could make sound judgements when loads of others were panicking and never appear overawed by anything.

However, as soon as you got onto Liverpool in any conversation it was like nitrous oxide exploding in his brain. When Suarez had that incident with Evra he kept going on about how much of a cunt he was and a disgusting human being. I said Duncan Ferguson was as much of a cunt as Suarez for assaulting John Mcstay for no reason and battering pensioners on crutches. It was like a red rag to a bull.

Also made the mistake of bringing up Heysel on the train back from a meeting in Manchester. He was adamant that Liverpool fans weren't provoked despite me saying I had 3 family members there who said otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

Rodriguez is actually pretty good.

Put it this way: Everton signed two midfielders in the last week, and they were both better than the one United signed during the same week.

I mean, it's a contract that's going to cause them some financial pain the last year or two of it as he declines, but next year I think he could really offer them something. Certainly not one I'd mock them over. They're going very short-term, with Allan and Rodriguez, but it sort of makes sense when you think that they will only have Ancelotti until a better offer comes along for him, so why not maximise it?

Of course, even at their best of this mini-peak I'm predicting for the next year or two, we're talking about whether they're good enough to be sixth or seventh - we're still not talking about them really mattering at the top of the table.

• Upvote 1