You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

One of the most iconic stadiums on the planet vs a red brick future submarine.

...not even a mention of our ghoulish neighbours and their carbuncle of a ground.
I'm absolutely LOVING watching that absolute horror show of a stadium going up. Every day, our stadium looks more spectacular and theirs looks more hideous. For many, many decades we will have a vastly superior stadium to them, and I am small minded and hate-filled enough to take great pleasure from this! 

One gets played in on a regular basis.  The other...

51 minutes ago, Anubis said:

One of the most iconic stadiums on the planet vs a red brick future submarine.

...not even a mention of our ghoulish neighbours and their carbuncle of a ground.
I'm absolutely LOVING watching that absolute horror show of a stadium going up. Every day, our stadium looks more spectacular and theirs looks more hideous. For many, many decades we will have a vastly superior stadium to them, and I am small minded and hate-filled enough to take great pleasure from this! 

For context, the capacity of their "spectacular... vastly superior" stadium when (if?) it opens will be about 2,000 less than the crowd that watched Liverpool Women win at Arsenal this weekend.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

For context, the capacity of their "spectacular... vastly superior" stadium when (if?) it opens will be about 2,000 less than the crowd that watched Liverpool Women win at Arsenal this weekend.

Good things come in small parcels though, look at the size of their trophy cabinet compared to, well, anyone else’s!

• Upvote 1

They're apparently signing up with Castore to make the kits from next season when the Hummel deal runs out.

This is despite Castore completely overstretching themselves and their product quality suffering to such an extent that clubs are binning them off left right and centre (Genoa, Salford and Newcastle have binned them so far, Villa allegedly next).

Another sinking ship for the shite!

• Haha 1

Well, we’ve got here eventually. From the 777 thread. It’s our fault they’re the only takers.

I’d sadly have to agree…twenty years ago we were, but our death has been that slow and barely noticeable to others, that now we are a run of the mill PL club.
Same here. In my 60 years as an Evertonian there has been far more mediocrity than glory. I still say things would have been different had English clubs not been banned from European competition. We all know the black irony that was their travelling fans' actions effectively stunting our growth towards becoming a force in Europe.

I have been a bitter Blue since.
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Well, we’ve got here eventually. From the 777 thread. It’s our fault they’re the only takers.

TyphooToffee

Player Valuation: £60m

I’d sadly have to agree…twenty years ago we were, but our death has been that slow and barely noticeable to others, that now we are a run of the mill PL club.
Same here. In my 60 years as an Evertonian there has been far more mediocrity than glory. I still say things would have been different had English clubs not been banned from European competition. We all know the black irony that was their travelling fans' actions effectively stunting our growth towards becoming a force in Europe.

All roads lead to Heysel for Evertonians. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

The first bloke is deluded, too.  They were always "a run of the mill Premier League club" - never challenging for anything, just padding out the fixture list for other teams - but since Moshiri/Usmanov took control, they've become an absolute fucking basket case.

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

60 years of mediocrity were caused by three years of being banned from Europe.

Makes perfect sense.

11 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

They're apparently signing up with Castore to make the kits from next season when the Hummel deal runs out.

This is despite Castore completely overstretching themselves and their product quality suffering to such an extent that clubs are binning them off left right and centre (Genoa, Salford and Newcastle have binned them so far, Villa allegedly next).

Another sinking ship for the shite!

saw this response on Reddit in the Castore thread. Brilliant.

IMG_1611.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

TyphooToffee

Player Valuation: £60m

A quick look on Twitter today and our lovely blue neighbours are inventing stuff about Liverpool demanding a replay.

This has led them to demand that the 1977 fa cup semi, the 1984 Milk Cup and the 2005 Villareal game being played again. Oh and them not being banned from Europe. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

A quick look on Twitter today and our lovely blue neighbours are inventing stuff about Liverpool demanding a replay.

This has led them to demand that the 1977 fa cup semi, the 1984 Milk Cup and the 2005 Villareal game being played again. Oh and them not being banned from Europe. 

I'd like them to replay the Wimbledon game at Woodison when Hans Segers let them stay in the PL and was then charged with match fixing. They don't seem to mention that one much.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Has anyone said they want our game replayed?  Maybe it was a hot topic of conversation among the crowd attacking Alan Smith's ambulance.

• Upvote 1