You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

In an alternate universe, could have been a great player for Liverpool

ReDeus

We've had some players who despite having the talent, just couldn't quite make the grade here. Maybe in a Sliders-style alternate reality they were successful superstars for the Reds?

Bjorn Tore Kvarme

He was a sensation... for all 4 games or so. Had high hopes for the unassuming blonde Norwegian after his promising start but then finally started playing like a true Norwegian defender and started costing us big points. Belonged to Roy Evans' curious cabal of Scandinavian footballers. Roy loved them vikings.

In another life, I'm sure Bjorn has Sami-like status at Anfield.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milan Baros. He had the ability but lacked the consistency and more specifically, lacked game intelligence. He showed flashes of inspiration for Liverpool, but his best form was during Euro 2004 for his country where he was fantastic.

Milan Baros. He had the ability but lacked the consistency and more specifically, lacked game intelligence. He showed flashes of inspiration for Liverpool, but his best form was during Euro 2004 for his country where he was fantastic.

Good shout. His mate Cisse is probably world class in another dimension as well.

Vladimir Smicer: Superb attacking player, never a winger in a million years. Loads of talent, great vision, terrible muscle strength. If this alternate reality meant that he didn't get injured all the time, and played as a playmaker/deep lying striker, he'd have been superb.

Not that he isn't a legend anyway.

Also actually, Patrik Berger for exactly the same reason.

Mark Gonzalez, scored and looked quick and after so many years waiting very quickly it was decided he didn't have it after all. Can't remember a bigger let down, the Chilean Beckham, still can't fathom that as he seemed to be a threat who could get goals but the coaching staff bombed him out very quickly very odd.

Yep i taught he would have been scoring for fun with us.

Mark Kennedy really excited me. I was only about 10 or 11 when we signed him, my excitement was mainly based on the goal he scored to put Arsenal out of the cup. He was getting a lot of plaudits in Ireland for his performances in Milwall's FA Cup run that year. Never happened for him though, and he is a bit of a twat.

Bruno Cheyrou came here after being the leading scorer out of all the midfield players in Ligue1. He had the talent to be better than he was, in my opinion.