You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Still think he is not good enough. He works hard but he hasn´t got the ability. He gives stupid fouls around box all the time. His passing rate is excellent but I never see him make pass longer then 10 yards.

The lad is a central midfielder and he hasn´t created a single goal throughout the season ( correct me if I am wrong) and he couldn´t score to save his life.

I like him as a guy but he is pretty average as a footballer. Some people say he is more complete than Mascherano and it´s bullshit. They have the same weaknesses and Masch is twice the player in the things they are both good at.

If we remain in the team with Lucas, Kuyt, Skrtel, Carragher or Agger as a nailed starterters we have not chance to win anything during next 2-3 years. They are o.k but nothing more. One or two of them can play together at the same time but not all of them. Not to mention the thrash like Maxi, Ngog or Poulsen who shouldn´t get a single sniff.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to like him. I just can't.

His attitue is spot on, he comes out with the odd great performance. But the majority of the time he's distinctly average.

It's not really his fault, it's the same with Kuyt. We bought them and played them in different positions. He has a future though, just not sure it's in the pl.

Not sure a defensive midfielder can be blamed for a lack of creativity!

Not sure he can be blamed for Carragher and Martin constantly ignoring him and playing it long!

I am sure that we can improve upon him, but he would still play a part, he is a good, solid squad player.

Big shout for Player of the year.......Guess it shows how bad our team is.

Was bad last night, as was everyone.

The amount of times Kuyt was caught offside really done my head in.

He is in no way contender for Player of the year from my point of view.

As few posts above was written, je raraly plays great he is absolute average and adds nothing to the team.

And sorry lads, the name of the thread should have been " What do you see in him, not who...I made a mistake.

I've warmed to the lad, hes massively improved over the last 2 seasons getting better with each season, defo a player for the future hes still very young (24), still got plenty of years ahead of in reds shirt, he was head hunted by a couple of teams in the last transfer window but wants to stay with Liverpool, as love the club & city.... with new contract on the horizon, let hope its a long contract.