You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hokey cokey

Put your pass to the side

your pass to the back

side

back

side

back

mix it all about.

Do the Lucas Leiva and you turn around

That's what it's all about.

Oooh the Lucas Leiva

Oooh the Lucas Leiva

Oooh the Lucas Leiva

Side Pass

Back Pass

rah

rah

rah

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i think a lot of liverpool fans have accepted mediocrity and are literally swimming in it. Standards have dropped and the lucas's and kuyts of this world have been proclaimed to be " fit and worthy " of the shirt. Horribly limited caveman players. Wouldnt make the bench of any top 4 team in Europes top 4 leagues

It's a sad truth. The enlightened amongst us have been trying to make others realise this, but if reality isnt sinking in after 5 trophyless seasons and 21 years without winning a league title, then when will it?

no way is lucas good enough for lfc..last night was a big wake up call for the board and kenny, they have massive work to do in the summer

Last night was a big wake-up call for people who think you can play 442 without wingers, a properly balanced CM, full backs who get forward, etc.

We are nowhere near as bad as last nights performance. The problem we do have though is that we have a squad that does not suit some of these formations. To get from where we are to a decent 442 side is a long journey. From here to a team that can play 433 effectively, much shorter. Lucas has a key role to play in the latter, but probably not the former.

Someone needs to work out where we are going before we start throwing out everyone who isn't world class.

He'd be a good squad player in a top side. He's just not a player that's goign to add a spark of creativity that's needed when Gerrard or Suarez aren't playing. It's a problem for us, but if we can sign a few more of those players in the Summer then he's someone worth hanging on to, someone who eventually becomes squad player so we aren't having to rely on players like Poulsen or Spearing to come in and do a job.

In a team of footballers Lucas will play an important role.

In a team of passengers, Lucas will play an important role, but will be exposed and criticized for not doing things that basically isn't his job to do.

Oh, I remember Alonso bursting forward and scoring goals when playing alongside 4-5 extremely poor offensive players on a regular basis. Or Mikel. Or Mascherano. Or Carrick. Or Song.

The fact is that had Lucas had some more goals under his belt (because he actually makes good runs forward, but sadly isn't capable of converting them) people wouldn't moan.

And believe me they moan.

I sat next to a retard yesterday at a pub. He moaned at every single touch Lucas had for the whole match. And finished with the pearl of wisdom: "my dream is to replace Lucas with Alonso"

Christ on a bike!

Lucas is fuckin shite, he is not good at anything apart from playing 3-4 yard passes sideways and backwards, he adds nothing and is the total passenger, in a team with good players around him he looks half decent because the other players abilities mask his own inabilities, in a team where some people might suggest he should step forward because he is one of the more experienced player he looks utter shite 29 out of 30 times because he has no real game deciding abilities himself and he does not have the ability to make players around him look better than they really are either.

Get rid of this total waste of a shirt right now and we might be able to move forward, fuckin oxygen thief.

Why does everything have to be about benitez. It's clear benitez fans will defend lucas just as those who are anti- benitez will use lucas as a stick to beat him with.

Can we just debate him on his own merits, leave rafa out of it.

He's not a world beater but when have we ever had a team full of individuals. Everyone agrees we need to strengthen the squad and the first 11.

Over the last 2 seasons lucas has proved that in a full strength team playing good football, he can be an asset. He looks good in a partnership with meireles, definitely more balanced than with gerrard in the center. Sort out a couple of wide players, left back, we could even play suarez wide with gerrard tucking in Behind carroll. There doesn't need to be a massive overhaul to make us competative again.

It seems getting rid of players like lucas or johnson would be cutting off our noses to spite our collective faces. Theres no need at all.

Why does everything have to be about benitez. It's clear benitez fans will defend lucas just as those who are anti- benitez will use lucas as a stick to beat him with.

Can we just debate him on his own merits, leave rafa out of it.

He's not a world beater but when have we ever had a team full of individuals. Everyone agrees we need to strengthen the squad and the first 11.

Over the last 2 seasons lucas has proved that in a full strength team playing good football, he can be an asset. He looks good in a partnership with meireles, definitely more balanced than with gerrard in the center. Sort out a couple of wide players, left back, we could even play suarez wide with gerrard tucking in Behind carroll. There doesn't need to be a massive overhaul to make us competative again.

It seems getting rid of players like lucas or johnson would be cutting off our noses to spite our collective faces. Theres no need at all.

We would weaken our squad by getting rid of lucas. Get rid of Poulsen and use Lucas as back up to someone better. We need upgrades FSG need to invest heavily.

As a team we have a great game and think things aren't so bad we just need a few touches to the side, then we play shit and its sell everyone we need an overhaul. I was going to say in reality its somewhere in between but its not we have a shit squad and most need selling. Fuck.

But I thought we didn't need a top quality holding midfielder and an alright one is fine? That's what was said last season about selling Mascherano and investing the money in other areas.

Lucas is a good player who offers things that we don't have in the squad beyond him. Whether or not he should be replaced in that role or not isn't really the thing being discussed here. I wouldn't but I've a funny feeling he might be moved on in the summer.

I've said it previously but most of the shite levelled at the lad is just that, shite. People talk about his lack of pace, yet he covers the ground well. People talk about his tackling, yet he wins the ball well across the park. People talk about his passing backwards etc, yet stats prove he doesn't play that many back.

Some people have made their mind up on the lad and that's that. They are just too driven by their own opinions to even consider for a second that he is improved since he's been here and that he is so far away from the problem areas of the side it's untrue.

The way many bang on you'd think that every trophy winning side had 11 superstars on the field constantly.

Lucas is a good player who offers things that we don't have in the squad beyond him. Whether or not he should be replaced in that role or not isn't really the thing being discussed here. I wouldn't but I've a funny feeling he might be moved on in the summer.

What qualities do Lucas have that you think every team needs?

He is not a good defensive midfielder, he is not a good attacking midfielder, in general he does not open up opposition teams with his passing, he does not make players around him better with his passing, he does not make runs to create space for others.

He does not really complement any type of player together with him because in the main he is average personified without a single stand out quality, he is slow, he makes decisions after getting the ball and his decision making in situations where his decisions can make a difference is appaling.

He is the biggest nothing player I have ever witnessed getting so much playing time at this club.

My theory about how people would see him if he was a West Brom or a Wolves player is pretty accurate I`d say, half of our fan base would not have the slightest clue about who he was.

He's good against the big team but ask him to create against shite teams and he's awful.

He was like a 3rd centre back last night and I was right behind him about 4 times when he could have put it through the middle for a player on the edge of a defender's shoulder but he decided to play it out wide.

He'd then moan at a winger (jajajajajaja) or Meireles. I really like him but I don't think he should be playing this much and think he's just become diluted as a player. When he came he was meant to be a box to box midfielder, now he's like what Lance has said, jack of all trades, master of none.

Thought Spearing did more in 15 minutes last night than Lucas did in 2 legs.

What qualities do Lucas have that you think every team needs?

He's a good disciplined ball winner. He isn't the best at doing that but I don't see the need to lash money on replacing the lad when we have areas that require far more improvement than his role. I'd rather us spend 25 million on a boss wide man to complete the front trio, than spend say 15 on a good one but try and upgrade on Lucas as well. Maybe in the future this'll be more of an issue but right now Lucas is so far from being an issue it's untrue.

I don't really like the balance of the midfield trio.

You make that point about him being at West Ham or wherever, yet we have numerous posts of people saying that Parker is a better player. Too many of our fans paint the grass is always greener tag with so many players and it's really not that true.

but ask him to create against shite teams and he's awful.

That ain't his role though.

I'm not comparing players here, just roles and how they are used. But look at Busquets at Barcelona. He sits behind the ball, always giving his teammates the safe, keep ball option.

He keeps it well and uses it well. But he's got players around him of quality and that will create things. If we had half of their options, I'd reckon that the levels of Lucas' game would be a lot higher. I don't think he'd get as much stick as he does either.

He's a good disciplined ball winner. He isn't the best at doing that but I don't see the need to lash money on replacing the lad when we have areas that require far more improvement than his role.

I don't really like the balance of the midfield trio.

You make that point about him being at West Ham or wherever, yet we have numerous posts of people saying that Parker is a better player. Too many of our fans paint the grass is always greener tag with so many players and it's really not that true.

I`m not sure you got the West Brom reference mate.

Parker has got noticed wherever he has played because he is a great player, my point is that Lucas would not be noticed because he is a nothing player.

Half of our fanbase would not know who he is and loads on this forum would have no idea what his supposed qualities are as e would not register at all, mainly because he`s not very good at anything.

I`m not sure you got the West Brom reference mate.

Parker has got noticed wherever he has played because he is a great player, my point is that Lucas would not be noticed because he is a nothing player.

Half of our fanbase would not know who he is and loads on this forum would have no idea what his supposed qualities are as e would not register at all, mainly because he`s not very good at anything.

Scott Parker is a great player in the same way that Robbie Keane is a great player though mate. He is also not a defensive minded midfielder. It is also the same Scott Parker that has got 29 career goals. Not really a startlingly statistic that.

You bang on about him being a nothing player but I highly doubt a nothing player would've had the career he's had so far. Not rating him is fine but to label him a nothing player just to add a levels onto your opinion isn't doing your argument much good.

If you think that Lucas wouldn't get mentioned then I'd suggest you look throughout the forum more often. Loads of complete random names get mentioned and thought/talked about as potential targets.

Scott Parker is a great player in the same way that Robbie Keane is a great player though mate. He is also not a defensive minded midfielder. It is also the same Scott Parker that has got 29 career goals. Not really a startlingly statistic that.

You bang on about him being a nothing player but I highly doubt a nothing player would've had the career he's had so far. Not rating him is fine but to label him a nothing player just to add a levels onto your opinion isn't doing your argument much good.

If you think that Lucas wouldn't get mentioned then I'd suggest you look throughout the forum more often. Loads of complete random names get mentioned and thought/talked about as potential targets.

Players with one or a couple stand out qualities gets mentioned, not players with no stand out qualities whatsoever apart from filling up the numbers in the middle of the pitch.

Players with one or a couple stand out qualities gets mentioned, not players with no stand out qualities whatsoever apart from filling up the numbers in the middle of the pitch.

That's probably true, although you don't need to really have that many stand out qualities to look good in the minimal amount of times people actually see most of the players that get mentioned.

It'd also be fairly true assessment here if majority of player felt that Lucas fell under the 'no stand out qualities' banner. The fact is that it seems most class him in the 'least of our worries' and 'decent but could do better' banners.

I agree with your general point mate, Lucas is good in a defensive role, but he played in a flat 4-4-2 last night, he should have put his attacking boots on. If he's got any.

Perhaps but I'd rather have had him sitting and let Meireles go forward. Suits their games more to do them roles than both doing the same kinda role.

A bit like a Gerrard/Mascherano midfield duo would've operated.