You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Enjoying things

Antynwa

I reckon I'm out of touch. I've never found joy in the same things my friends have.

1. Going to festivals

2. Getting blind drunk at parties or town at the nearest opportunities

3. Spending hours of my time on online games

I could probably go on, but I realise that other than sport I have very little in common with my close friends. I'm probably a right miserable bastard, but I seriously can't find fuck all joy in plenty of things.My mates want to plan a holiday abroad and honestly, I can't be fucked with it.

Anyone else find themselves in a similar position. Or am I just a miserable sod who needs to try and adapt himself or something.

I reckon I'm out of touch. I've never found joy in the same things my friends have.

1. Going to festivals

I could probably go on, but I realise that other than sport I have very little in common with my close friends. I'm probably a right miserable bastard, but I seriously can't find fuck all joy in plenty of things.My mates want to plan a holiday abroad and honestly, I can't be fucked with it.

Anyone else find themselves in a similar position. Or am I just a miserable sod who needs to try and adapt himself or something.

I totally empathise.

Just turned 41, off the drink and under going a midlife crisis they all reckon !

1. Going to festivals

4. Touching girls

Do something else then you big mardarse.

Cant believe you wouldnt want a foreign holiday in the sun.

As ive got older ive really come to appreciate the change of scenery and good weather.

As for the others,i can take them or leve them except i have to touch girls every time i can.

At least thats what i keep telling my probation officer!

Stag nights were people just drink shit they wouldnt normally drink for 36 hours solid, in a place they wouldnt normally go to, throw up, and then tell everyone who great it was. Cant be arsed.

Anything organised - works dos, red nose day, theme parties - you will turn up, you will join in and you will have fun. Leave me the fuck alone.

I agree with half of what you've said. Festivals are awesome though, have you actually been to any? Also getting tanked is ace, but not if you go to the same places in your town every week. I am pretty grateful that my hometown is shit for going out in as it forced me to go visit people in far more interesting places. I hated it when all my mates at uni decided to ditch having a social life for sitting in all day getting stoned and playing computer games.