You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy hodgson new West brom manager

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carragher would be doing himself a big favour if he kept his big gob shut. Anyone who knows anything about his disgraceful behaviour in the last few months of Rafa's reign can see through the gibberish for what it is.

For me this is just further proof that Carragher isn't smart enough to pull off half of the stunts he's supposed to have been behind.

Carra gets a lot of shite for actually opening up in an interview. I guess most 'fans' in here prefer the endless praise of The Kop Torres-style.

He also gets far too much shite considering he's done more for the club than the guys he's supposedly hurt put together. It's a disgrace.

He loves Alex Ferguson, Gary Neville and Vidic, but he doesn't like the Spaniards who made him look good like Alonso, Garcia, Reina, Benitez & Torres.

Makes a lot of sense.

This simpleton response is exactly why footballers should stick with "focus on next game", "gotta respect our opponents", etc.

Carragher would be doing himself a big favour if he kept his big gob shut. Anyone who knows anything about his disgraceful behaviour in the last few months of Rafa's reign can see through the gibberish for what it is.

A lot of people would argue that with new owners and Kenny in charge things aren't looking half bad. If your wild theories about Carra sacking Rafa holds, I'd salute Carra for that. We might have been stuck with Rafa rather than King Kenny now!

A lot of people would argue that with new owners and Kenny in charge things aren't looking half bad. If your wild theories about Carra sacking Rafa holds, I'd salute Carra for that. We might have been stuck with Rafa rather than King Kenny now!

They're not wild theories. They're fact.

I'm delighted that Kenny is in charge. I'm not delighted about the role that Carragher et al played in the sacking of a fantastic man and manager like Benitez, and the appointment of the criminally incompetent Hodgson.

It doesn't matter what Carragher says - he's wrong. The bottom lione is that Hodgson was nowhere near good enough and shouldn't have been anywhere near Liverpool. It has nothing to do with Spaniards. And the current set up at the Academy shows that.

They're not wild theories. They're fact.

I'm delighted that Kenny is in charge. I'm not delighted about the role that Carragher et al played in the sacking of a fantastic man and manager like Benitez, and the appointment of the criminally incompetent Hodgson.

FACTS? Says who? Woolie the driver? Please, bring some substantials into this. Preferrably from a source that actually runs a risk by spewing wild, but exotic and entertaining, rumours.

Obviously Hodgson was not good enough, but if 6 months of the angry owl was what I needed to endure to get new owners, rid of Benitez and get the King in charge, I'd take it every time. I don't give a fuck about Benitez, this time last year he was negotiating contract(s) with both Juventus and Internazionale.

FACTS? Says who? Woolie the driver? Please, bring some substantials into this. Preferrably from a source that actually runs a risk by spewing wild, but exotic and entertaining, rumours.

Obviously Hodgson was not good enough, but if 6 months of the angry owl was what I needed to endure to get new owners, rid of Benitez and get the King in charge, I'd take it every time. I don't give a fuck about Benitez, this time last year he was negotiating contract(s) with both Juventus and Internazionale.

The utter stupidity of this post is priceless.

Carragher was a hero of mine. It gives me no pleasure to know that he put his own best interests before those of Liverpool FC. It is fact.

But on the subject of bullshit, would you care to substantiate your Benitez to Juve/Inter Sky-generation rumours. Which are, of course, false.

"Genius, unfairly forced out, bad Dalglish, malign presence in the shadows like Nosferatu, quality passing football, elite"

Was it MOTD last night where they were talking about why Woy is doing well at WBA, but didn't for us?

Hansen (I think) said he's a defensive manager who can get teams organised when what Liverpool needed was to open up and be more adventurous.

Spot on I think. Wrong manager at the wrong club (and now we've got the right one)

Carragher was a hero of mine. It gives me no pleasure to know that he put his own best interests before those of Liverpool FC. It is fact.

But on the subject of bullshit, would you care to substantiate your Benitez to Juve/Inter Sky-generation rumours. Which are, of course, false.

Juventus tell Rafael BenÃ*tez to decide over manager's job in 10 days | Football | The Guardian

See that, actually mentioned in a fairly serious newspaper who stand responsible for the stuff they print. Not to mention it took him all 7 days to agree with Inter after we sacked him.

You got anything? Anything except Woolie the mailman? Didn't think so.

Juventus tell Rafael BenÃ*tez to decide over manager's job in 10 days | Football | The Guardian

See that, actually mentioned in a fairly serious newspaper who stand responsible for the stuff they print.

You got anything? Anything except Woolie the mailman? Didn't think so.

A newspaper article as proof? Dear me. You carry on taking what the media tells you as gospel.

You got anything then, lad?

Nothing I can disclose on here - which I appreciate is not helpful, but I'm sure you know the score.

I'm not interested in besmirching Carragher's reputation. If people understand what he did, and agree with it, then fine. But LFC fans should know what he did.

Nothing I can disclose on here - which I appreciate is not helpful, but I'm sure you know the score.

I'm not interested in besmirching Carragher's reputation. If people understand what he did, and agree with it, then fine. But LFC fans should know what he did.

The Guardian article is the most I can reveal about Benitez as well. As we all know he was rubbing he's fingers saying "They can't afford to sack me!" while grinning devillish, and a lot of other things happened that spring. I can't say more here, but you need to trust me - he did a lot of things that weren't nice to the players and the club.

See what I did there?

Revitalised West Bromwich Albion manager Roy Hodgson proving there's no madness to his method

As Roy Hodgson walked into St Andrew’s, he passed Alex McLeish’s car. “Parking For Cup-winning Manager Only” read the new sign, celebrating Birmingham City’s Carling Cup triumph.

With a civic reception imminent, this was a case of before the Lord Mayor’s show for McLeish and his men, brought painfully down to earth after their Wembley glory.

Hodgson knows full well that football can be a fickle companion, lifting a manager to the heights one minute and then dragging him down the next. Last summer, he was voted Manager of the Year, feted by his peers for Fulham’s run to the Europa League final, and then invited to take over Liverpool. But as winter deepened, he was dismissed, his cautious tactics having won few friends on the Kop.

Now the likeable Londoner’s managerial stock is back on the rise, and in his third game in charge of West Brom, Hodgson’s organisational nous was again on display.

“I don’t like this thing about methods,” Hodgson said. “The game is about players, not coaches.” Nice try, Roy. With 10 minutes left, Albion fans were chanting his name, saluting the Hodgson Effect.

The visitors looked more compact in their 4-4-1-1 shape, and increasingly are looking defensively resilient, a concern under previous manager Roberto di Matteo.

“There was a dip and the board decided to make a change,” said Hodgson after yesterday’s victory. “In football you can get caught up in a spiral. But I would be very unhappy if anybody suggested Di Matteo wasn’t doing a good job. We still don’t know if it’s going to work. There will be plenty of blips in the next nine games.”

Next up? Arsenal.

Hodgson has been watching the players closely in training and in matches, quickly making the decision to start with Scott Carson in goal ahead of Boaz Myhill and realising Carlos Vela is more potent against tiring defences. The Mexican has already been used to good, point-grabbing effect as a substitute against Wolves and Stoke.

After a first half so abject that all video recordings should be erased to protect the innocent, Hodgson sent on Peter Odemwingie, and Albion took control.

“Peter did a good job,” said Hodgson. “I’d not seen him play up front on his own but he showed he can.”

Echoes of Fulham’s approach to away assignments during last season’s run in Europe could be detected here, and James Morrison impressed as a withdrawn striker.Albion kept the ball well, kept their shape and kept Birmingham at arm’s length once an ultimately victorious 3-1 lead had been secured.

Hodgson shaped the game’s finale with his substitutions. For the last 13 minutes, Albion’s outfield 10 contained seven players with defensive expertise. As well as a back-four of Gabriel Tamas, Abdoulaye Méïté, Jonas Olsson and Nicky Shorey, the West Brom manager had the excellent Steven Reid anchoring, Gonzalo Jara out on the right, with Paul Scharner operating in the hole. Hodgson’s organisational skills had worked once again.

Revitalised-Roy-Hodgson-proving-theres-no-madness-to-his-methods-at-West-Brom.html