You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny and Cole

fowler9

anyone heard anything as to why he isn't really getting a look in?

thought when Kenny was appointed it could be the start of a rebirth for Cole (and could well still be) playing under a proper manager who plays decent football and obviously missed the first couple of games then had an outing for the ressies which i assumed was for fitness and Kenny's comments afterwards backed this up then has just been an unused sub last few games.

Really rate Cole and was delighted when he signed and still hope he could be a top player for us but obviously trust the king's judgement too and know damn well he will always pick the team with the clubs best interests at heart but just wondering if anyone knew if he is short of fitness, rumoured to not be putting it in at training or simply Kenny isn't keen

anyone heard anything as to why he isn't really getting a look in?

thought when Kenny was appointed it could be the start of a rebirth for Cole (and could well still be) playing under a proper manager who plays decent football and obviously missed the first couple of games then had an outing for the ressies which i assumed was for fitness and Kenny's comments afterwards backed this up then has just been an unused sub last few games.

Really rate Cole and was delighted when he signed and still hope he could be a top player for us but obviously trust the king's judgement too and know damn well he will always pick the team with the clubs best interests at heart but just wondering if anyone knew if he is short of fitness, rumoured to not be putting it in at training or simply Kenny isn't keen

Raul.

Kenny will give him a chance, no doubt, especially with Kuyt and Maxi looking 'leggy' and tired, Pacheco and Cole as options to replace them, i like it. Joe wants to do well here,i do think he was trying a little too hard when he arrived and i think Kennys persona will help him relax and his style of play will suit him, just be patient, i will judge him after a decent run of games, still cant believe he chose us and really hope he does well.

He deserves a chance. If Kenny can't get the best out him then move him on in the summer. The more attacking football should suit him, midfielders flying forward all the time. He's proved in the past that his final ball can be brilliant so don't see any reason why his form shouldn't pick up when he gets a bit of a run in the team.

I'm not a fan, but I think he deserves a shot at this stage. What I'd like to see is something like the following (as a justifiable experiment and rest/rotation for certain players):

----------- Reina

Kelly Carragher Agger Aurelio

Johnson Meireles Lucas Cole

--------- Gerrard

--------- Torres

Didn't take people long to turn on Jonjo eh? These people wouldn't know a footballer if they fell over one like though. Shelvey is doing brilliant for a 19 year old lad who's being given a sporadic shot. Did you watch a different player to me when he came on in the derby and took control of the game? We don't want to nurture talent like that though, let's get a player who clearly isn't physically strong enough to struggle in the middle instead just as he did before he lost his place to being with.

Didn't take people long to turn on Jonjo eh? These people wouldn't know a footballer if they fell over one like though. Shelvey is doing brilliant for a 19 year old lad who's being given a sporadic shot. Did you watch a different player to me when he came on in the derby and took control of the game? We don't want to nurture talent like that though, let's get a player who clearly isn't physically strong enough to struggle in the middle instead just as he did before he lost his place to being with.

Totally agree with that. I think Jonjo has great potential and would rather him be given minutes for experience than them be given to a player who was in my opinion over-hyped at his peak and past that level at this stage of his career with the injuries he has had.

Someone do me a favour. Tell me what it is exactly that Cole has done to warrant a place in Kenny's first 11?

Kenny is Old school. those in possestion of the shirt need displacing i.e kuyt, Maxi, Skrtel until they hit a patch of bad form/injury/suspension then those on the sidelines will have to bide their time Kenny's philosophy is was and always has been if you do well in one game you get to keep the shirt. whoever has been out needs to prove they should have it back. not just be handed a spot in the team because of thei name.Obvious exceptions to this are Gerrard and Torres and Carragher and to an extent Kuyt as the competiotion for those places are weak.