You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has the King been unlucky so far?

Wor Horse

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why you can say Dalglish has been unlucky on one hand, but then dismiss the same injuries and then beach balls under Rafa while claiming the latter was shite.

Not having a pop at Dalglish, I empathise with the red cards and injuries and the state of mind of the players he inherited from Roy, but I think it's laughable that many of you playing the 'luck' card wouldn't extend the same courtesy to Rafa last season.

I don't see why you can say Dalglish has been unlucky on one hand, but then dismiss the same injuries and then beach balls under Rafa while claiming the latter was shite.

Not having a pop at Dalglish, I empathise with the red cards and injuries and the state of mind of the players he inherited from Roy, but I think it's laughable that many of you playing the 'luck' card wouldn't extend the same courtesy to Rafa last season.

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact:

(1) Dalglish has had three games

(2) Dalglish hasn't bought anyone

(3) Dalglish has only appointed one member of staff

(4) Dalglish has had only a handful of training sessions to try and reverse the damage don by Hodgson

(5) Dalglish has been without his captain and best player, and arguably his only decent defender.

Dalglish has been a fantastic breath of fresh air. He's been unafraid to take off big names (Torres, Meireles), play youngsters (Shelvey, Kelly), give a chance to squad players and celebrate goals like a proper fan. I genuinely felt gutted we drew today whereas I basically didn't care when we lost with Hodgson.

Once he gets a chance to drill set pieces and pick his first choice 11 we'll be in for some great times. Torres is already looking twice the player and I'm sure Gerrard will also be fearsome soon.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think we've been really promising and have seen big improvements in attitudes and effort. We need some fresh legs and Gerrard and Carra back - two of our best performers and leaders - and then we'll be well on our way, in my opinion.

Despite 2 losses and 1 draw, I think Kenny has started, when putting things in perspective, fairly well.

The luck can go either way, and I think in Kenny's three games so far we haven't had much luck. But I'm more concerned with other things besides luck. The players look hungrier - Nando especially. Kelly is making the right back spot his own. We haven't been embarrassed by anything Kenny has said - it has been good old school stuff. Inspiring as he came back, and since then he's played the press with a straight bat and given nothing away.

If we keep doing what we have been doing we will make our own luck. Even though the results haven't come yet I'm seeing so much more from the team and as a result I'm a hopeful football fan again. We all know the quality isn't there in some positions, and you would have to think that will be rectified as and when we can bring the right players in.

So, even without the results, I would still say so far so good under Kenny.

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact:

(1) Dalglish has had three games

(2) Dalglish hasn't bought anyone

(3) Dalglish has only appointed one member of staff

(4) Dalglish has had only a handful of training sessions to try and reverse the damage don by Hodgson

(5) Dalglish has been without his captain and best player, and arguably his only decent defender.

Agreed.

3 games in - a contentious penalty, contentious-ish sending off, goal from a corner that wasn't and another goal from a clash of heads that wasn't blown for - is a fair case for bad luck.

After 6 months, or six years, luck is less of an excuse.

Last two games has seen poor team selections and today very poor use of the subsitutes.

The Conservative approach today was very Hodgsonesque in that he could have bought on Cole and Babel to try and win the game but he was happy with a point at home or more importantly he didnt want to start his managerial Job with 3 defeats on the trot.

The conservative nature of the teams and use of the subs is of great concern to me

Conservative? Are you ma......

Forget it, I already know.

Liverpool are beating themselves right now, we're not losing to anyone. 90% of the game is mental and we're losing the battle between the ears. It's not just a lack of confidence in some players cases it's a case of actually trying too hard.

Kenny will try to heal the team, he'll try and build them up, as he has to work with what he has available. He might not take off a player if he thinks leaving him on will make him play better next time if he knows that players remains critical to the first-team. He played Spearing because he played really well for the reserves mid-week. His tail was up, Kenny is possibly looking for that mentality.

It's going to take time and line-ups and substitutions that some won't agree with. I couldn't give a fuck. I know that Kenny knows what he's doing and I plan on being patient. Jesus Christ himself couldn't fix this team in a week with all the luck in the world.