You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Offical?

Just seen it on the live footy thing on the BBC site.

"We've had one offer from Chelsea which has been accepted. The offer we have had from Tottenham hasn't been accepted. He spoke to me yesterday and said he didn't feel his head was right to play in the game."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports | Home | News | Everton accept Pienaar bid

Everton manager David Moyes has confirmed that the club have accepted a bid from Chelsea for midfielder Steven Pienaar but turned down an offer from Tottenham.

South African star Pienaar, 28, is set for a Goodison Park exit as the Toffees are expected to cash in on a sale with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

Pienaar played no part in the Merseyside derby on Sunday as Everton held Liverpool 2-2 at Anfield.

After the final whistle Moyes confirmed that Premier League champions Chelsea have had a bid accepted but denied that Spurs have permission to speak to the player.

He said: "We have accepted an offer from Chelsea. Steven has not agreed terms with Chelsea.

"We've given his representatives a chance to talk to Chelsea but they've not got permission to talk to Tottenham because they've not offered the same money."

Chelsea are understood to have offered £3million for Pienaar, and Moyes has revealed that Pienaar asked not to play in the derby this weekend.

"Steven came to see me yesterday and said he didn't feel he was in the right place to play," added the Scot.

"I had a decision to make and I felt it would be better not to use him if that was the case.

"He will be in training tomorrow because at the moment we don't have a deal.

"If Tottenham offer the same money that may change or maybe he will agree terms with Chelsea."

Pienaar arrived at Everton from German outfit Borussia Dortmund, having previously played at Ajax.

£3m?

Even though I risk pissing off some diehards, I'm sorry to see Pienaar go. the City of Liverpool benefits from the presence of two strong clubs, and far too many outstanding players have left in recent seasons. If Everton can't hold onto a player that would cost millions to replace, far more than Spurs paid for him, what's going on? It can't be just money though that's a factor. Every case is different, but again, what would have made it possible for a player of his ambition stay in the city?

The answers are importantr for teams.

It's a shame old Saggy face is going to bankrupt them.

He hasn't got his mate Peter Storrie with him at Spurs. They bled West Ham and Portsmouth dry and must have paid the mortgages off by now for the houses in Sandbanks. The Spurs board is made up by some very wealthy individuals and they seem to be a well run club in terms of profitablity.

Yeah, pointless signing. It's a bit like Mascherano going to Barca. How is he going to get in their team? He certainly won't get one of the wide positions so I can only assume he'll be competing with the 36 other central midfielders they have.

Good player and always looked quality in the Bundesliga as well as earlier on having his moments for Everton but he'd hit a wall there for whatever reason.

I don't see why he went to Spurs because their midfield is the strongest thing about their team and I don't seem him replacing VDV, Modric or Lennon and the other spot is reserved for a DM.

Enjoy the bench Steven, for once I agree with the Evertonians.

Once again appy arry gets a player for a knockdown price that will improve his squad.

jowls.jpg

Welcome to Totten'am, Steven.

;) ...started to laugh in the office when I saw this. My colleague was looking at me as if I was from other planet, laughing without any reason.

I was thinking for some time now who Redknapp reminds me of, but this is it.