You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Very disappointed in Meireles and Torres, who have been sleepwalking there way through the game, totally pissed off with Gerrard. And that penalty was a fucking joke.

We were looking better, too, though we are still miles away from a cohesive unit, obviously, and it will take a while to get us back to our best.

Good test for Kenny's management here - will be interesting to see what he cooks up.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a red. You're been dishonest with yourself to suggest otherwise.

There is one idiot in the sending off, and that's Gerrard

agreed. it's the one thing he has consistently failed to get out of his game. Still it has been nice to enjoy the football we are playing for once!

Maybe hitting the post is an omen cos it's the first bounce we have had. Sneak a draw lads and get em back home!!!

If they are the best in England then the prem is falling off the pace as a league!

Very sinister, it's high time questions were asked; it's getting beyond a joke now, it's been beyond a joke for a long long time.

Yep, its every single time we go there and every single time he's reffing. He's given a penalty for Mascherano fouling someone outside the area. A penalty for no contact today. A red card for us but ignores Rafael do the exact same thing. Fails to send O'Shea off. Its beyond "bad luck" "an unlucky decision or two" and has been for a long while.

... even out the red card within 30 minutes. We've got to get in there and either get the passes or the fouls.

Exactly how I feel!

There will be another 'red card decision' in this match if we harry them. Fight! Fight to the last man. Anyone not doing so then haul them off. It is not about luxury now - but grit.

Hunger. Desire. Fight. Bottle. Get into them.

I didn't say it wasn't a red. I said if it had been a man u player it would have been a yellow.

Referee: Howard Webb (South Yorkshire)

Assistant referees: Peter Kirkup and Andy Garratt

Fourth official: Andre Marrinner

what a fucking suprise

he's a decent ref, till either us or the scum are on the pitch and when both are, well.....

Fuck.

It's Howard Webb MBE actually gents. The MB standards for Manc Bastard, not sure about the E.

I was going to say I hope Howard Webb falls down a set of stairs, but Andre fucking Mariner is the fourth official which is just as bad!

E = Everytime

It might be Moronic Bald Entity.

As soon as we knew Webb was in charge, we all said we'd get screwed over. 45mins later, he has given them a Pen and sent one of our players off.

Either we are all psychic or he is a bent twat. That penalty decision was scandalous.

On the money, Fuge.

I think we've matched the mancs, big improvement already.

The penalty was a fucking joke, Berbatov should be shot for that. Pepe came very close to shutting it out, but this isn't over yet. At 1-0 it's still game on.

Looking at the replays, I don't have much of a problem with the sending off. It's harsh, but when you go in with two straight legs you better get the fucking ball or you know you're in trouble. And that's with a fair ref on neutral ground. With Webb at OT the outcome is pretty much given.

Like I said, it's still game on as long as they don't get their second. We're going to have to take chances at the end, I'm curious as to how Kenny will do just that.

Come on Reds, we're not dead yet!

Edited by Captain

Regarding the pen: in the first ten minutes as a striker you have to try and ask the keeper a question, also you have to test the ref. If he's not up with play you could get lucky. Shit ref, but it's the striker's prerogative to ask the question.

It's very important that our players are instructed to go down like they've been shot after any challenge - Screams, holding legs, heads when you've jumped for the ball, etc. The only way to really stand a chance in certain games is if you play the opposition and the officials at their own game every step of the way.

Spot on. Theres no questioning it wasnt a red, two foot off the floor, simple red for webb. He's lucky that he just manage to face play just as gerrard dived in.

Gerrard out derby now?

I think we've matched the mancs, big improvement already.

The penalty was a fucking joke, Berbatov should be shot for that. Pepe came very close to shutting it out, but this isn't over yet. At 1-0 it's still game on.

Looking at the replays, I don't have much of a problem with the sending off. It's harsh, but when you go in with two straight legs you better get the fucking ball or you know you're in trouble. And that's with fair ref on neutral ground. With Webb at OT the outcome is pretty much given.

Like I said, it's still game on as long as they don't get their second. We're going to have to take chances at the end, I'm curious as to how Kenny will do just that.

Come on Reds, we're not dead yet!

Saved me having to type anything there, that's pretty much exactly my take on the first half.