You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Owen Coyle

myrlas

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're still four points above us. Thats Liverpool who were twatting Real Madrid two years ago, and Bolton who were playing rugby two years ago.

Sunderland are 5 points ahead of us. We have to get Steve Bruce. :|

What I saw today was that it was very much pass and move football that Roy employs. For a manager like Coyle, whose team are unlikely to win something, we have to look at the way he sets up the team and the general style of play. They are alright at home but away from home they haven't shown anything that suggests that they are a bit special. It is very similar to what we have now.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Even the mention of the word horrifies me. In 2010 he was BURNLEY manager.

Why the hell would gifted stars like Pepe and Nando ( and even Stevie Ego) not want to join Xabi and Masch in leaving if this UTTER NONENTITY become manager of 5 times European Champions...?

If Coyle is serious about becoming a star manager, then he can become a coach at LFC, then take a job elsewhere, win a few things - like a Spanish title, then come back when Rafa is 68.

Nomark as manager = LIverpool FC RIP.

Simple as that..

Even the mention of the word horrifies me. In 2010 he was BURNLEY manager.

Why the hell would gifted stars like Pepe and Nando ( and even Stevie Ego) not want to join Xabi and Masch in leaving if this UTTER NONENTITY become manager of 5 times European Champions...?

If Coyle is serious about becoming a star manager, then he can become a coach at LFC, then take a job elsewhere, win a few things - like a Spanish title, then come back when Rafa is 68.

Nomark as manager = LIverpool FC RIP.

Simple as that..

I am not entirely convinced he has what it takes, but that is certainly an over the top reaction.

People rumouring to have seen him in the vicinity today.

He's certainly one to watch out for in the coming years, but it's such a risky appointment for the here and now.

Yes, he managed Burnley not long ago, but they were gutted when he left them, they really rated him and got them firing again.

You know you've done a great job at a club when you leave for another club and your old fans fucking detest you.

But getting Kevin Davies to up his game and getting Fernando Torres to up his game are two very different coaching styles one would suggest.

And it sends out a message, just look at our past managers in recent history...

Souness

Evans

Houllier

Benitez

Hodgson

Coyle

Reads like a managerial list for Portsmouth or West Ham. Can you imagine Juve's or Bayern's managerial list looking like that? (Rafa aside, love you Rafa)

Guest TesticleOReilly

Coyle's got Bolton playing some good stuff, but Megson brought a lot of those players in (before he got binned), so he knew what he was doing and who he was buying. Is Coyle capable of using a decent transfer budget, can he spot a player? We've just had someone who worked wonders with someone else's players, then when he made his own squad took them almost to the top only to see it all fall apart.

People rumouring to have seen him in the vicinity today.

He's certainly one to watch out for in the coming years, but it's such a risky appointment for the here and now.

Yes, he managed Burnley not long ago, but they were gutted when he left them, they really rated him and got them firing again.

You know you've done a great job at a club when you leave for another club and your old fans fucking detest you.

But getting Kevin Davies to up his game and getting Fernando Torres to up his game are two very different coaching styles one would suggest.

And it sends out a message, just look at our past managers in recent history...

Souness

Evans

Houllier

Benitez

Hodgson

Coyle

Reads like a managerial list for Portsmouth or West Ham. Can you imagine Juve's or Bayern's managerial list looking like that? (Rafa aside, love you Rafa)

We could have had Rafa run a 20 yr dynasty if OUR money was kept for players and stadium, not American scumballs.

To be honest if we get another dogturd of a manager( or even anyone other than Rafa), I'll prob knock it on the head.

Maybe I'll do something on the fans takeover groups.I'll still be a Reds supporter. Just trying to support what LFC is about not so American owned brand of shite, that takes us for mugs.

Because Nando and the like won't listen to some exBurnley muppet are they?

The reason people are talking about Owen Coyle is that he has put his stamp on a team everywhere he has been. Forget the statistical analysis of either Burnley or Bolton (he is working in an extremely restrictive market) and look at what he has done. He took Burnley into the top flight, which is pretty incredible if you look at their resources. Then, he has transformed Bolton's playing style which, again, is impressive. I thought he might struggle to change the playing ethos there but, bit by bit, he has turned them around and given players like Jack Wilshere and now Stuart Holden a platform to play.

The theory that 'he's never managed a big team' would have ruled Bill Shankly out of a job in 1959. But, in my opinion, the guy has vision, energy, enthusiam and a no fear attitute which we desperately need at the moment. I don't think, for example, he would describe the possibility of winning at Old Trafford as a 'real coup'.

Don't think I would have posted that my friend. For me, getting to the Europa tin pot cup final wouldn't be a great achievement for any Premier League manager. He enjoyed huge slices of luck during his run in that competition while his domestic results last season were very poor.

• 8 months later...

They've had some injury problems to key players so I think they will turn it around, but it is going very badly for them at the moment. Cahill doesn't look like he can be arsed anymore though, and they would definitely have been better off selling him to the highest bidder in the summer.