You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa will be sacked after world club champs

adidas samba

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benitez leaves Inter, it's over. Spalletti on pole, but now appears a plot

12/20/2010 00:13 Fabrizio Romano article read 2881 times

© picture Buffa / Image Sport

The news was in the air, now begins to take shape. Inter and Rafa Benitez are terribly far away, this time more than ever. After careful analysis of FcInterNews.it, La Gazzetta dello Sport is now on sale to announce a divorce announced for the Spaniard after the outlet yesterday. "Benitez is out!" Broadcast the Rose, adding that "now the coach of Madrid go forward." Simple outline the reason for the rupture, ie the outburst after winning the World: the ultimatum to the company, made the request for compliance with provocative tone, the accusation of 'broken promises' made only now, after a victory, almost to want to put on the sample did imbufalire president Massimo Moratti. The number one on Corso Vittorio Emanuele commented with 'inappropriate' outburst in Spanish, but now - according to the Journal - the break is absolutely irreconcilable. "Moratti is furious at the release of Benitez," but adds the Corsport. In short, this time it really seems the romance is over. Even Nicholas Cecere of Gazza says: "Benitez is no longer coach of Inter, there is 0% to stay in Milan for him." Inter decisive thinking still holds fast to the effect that the Beloved is still the strongest team on twenty-two men, then in January will most likely only Andrew Frogley.

But the question you need to ask is: who will replace Benitez on the Inter bench? He has no doubt the Journal, which is present as Luciano Spalletti is in pole position absolute. For the Tuscan coach would be a two-year, but only slows the financial issue, that is, that Spalletti is linked to Gazprom, the Russian giant, with which the Saras Moratti reports. The situation is very delicate - how does this Cecere - this question can be decisive. The other tracks paveggiate by Mediaset and other sources are different, and lead to Fabio Capello, but has the pitfall of the Federation of English and Franco Baldini, who would be definitely difficult to put Inter in the organization, the 'usual' names that do not excite the Leonard and Walter Zenga, a last second Controcampo idea that would be represented by Guus Hiddink, ready to accept a role as ferryman, but difficult to leave Turkey, and an internal solution with the couple Beppe Baresi-Luis Figo, but this does not too feared because - as emphasized instead the Journal - Moratti would prefer not to opt for a similar solution.

Moratti will decide just as soon as you can close the story of a termination of contract with Benitez in all figures to be established: a Christmas shaky for the Inter bench, waiting for a new guardian. If Rafa would remain the biggest surprise of recent years: the break is ready. Now it's up to the president ...

indeed it was Coop. The reality is that Hodgson will be gone in the summer, no matter what. We can speculate whether Broughton and Purslow should have gone for a long term appointment in the summer. My guess is that they didn't - not only because they needed someone who would not generate further unrest while they got on with the business of finding the best offer they could for the club - but because there wasn't anyone of the right profile available.

They are not responsible for Hodgson still being here. That is NESVs call. Why is Hodgson still here? My guess is that they want to take stock, and they want to find the best long term manager that they can.

Honestly, do you think they shit out of Pellegrini due to him being a dago?? The statement of press agreeing Benitez had to go, the clamour from the press for an english manager, the pro hodgson slant. Did the wise men appoint a shit manager due to his Englishness? Something that goes against the very grain of what this great club stands for, in fact goes against what the city stands for? If so then we can safely say they were unqualified to make such a decision, and the caretaker should be relieved of his duties.

I have trouble distinguishing last season and this.

Both as shitty as each other, no?

Neither have been good enough with the players available, regardless of anything else that is the bottom line.

We have, however, regressed more this season under someone who's main focus for the season was to steady a "sinking ship".

loool this guy is such a clown. He thought he was still at Liverpool the way he demanded 4 or 5 new players or sack him....you dont disrespect Moratti like that. The moment he said it everyone knew he was gone. he managed to completely destroy the European champions and Italy's best team within 6 months. Somehow its only Liverpool fans who cant see this guy for what he really is....he knew how to play you and you lot are blind for not being able to see rafa is all about rafa

I think I posted this already on another Rafa thread but...

Rafa still gets talked about because we are currently shit and our current manager is a (rightly) perceived downgrade. Nobody went on and on about how Houllier was getting on at Lyon because at the time we looked to be moving onwards and upwards (however slowly) under our new manager.

Get a good manager, start playing well, and Rafa will become irrelevant. Two birds, one stone.

And for the record Rafa is not a cunt and I'm thankful for what he did to advance us after Houllier (the final season aside), just like Houllier (his final two seasons aside) after Evans and Evans after Souness. None of the three are cunts.

loool this guy is such a clown. He thought he was still at Liverpool the way he demanded 4 or 5 new players or sack him....you dont disrespect Moratti like that. The moment he said it everyone knew he was gone. he managed to completely destroy the European champions and Italy's best team within 6 months. Somehow its only Liverpool fans who cant see this guy for what he really is....he knew how to play you and you lot are blind for not being able to see rafa is all about rafa

Like you say taking on Moratti is asking for the sack, but the reason this Liverpool fan is willing to be kidded by the man's obsequious ways is that he helped deliver our fifth European Cup. Five more than all of the London clubs combined, that.

Guest the boy
Nobody went on and on about how Houllier was getting on at Lyon because at the time we looked to be moving onwards and upwards (however slowly) under our new manager.

Also, we'd just acquired La Liga's most promising coach, no doubt with promises of fresh investment and such, with an established record for success, so there was a greater impetus to give him time beyond the first 6 months, especially after the antics of Houllier, by which point the magic of had 2005 kicked in. Hodgson is hamstrung, his lack of ability aside, by the fact that 18 months prior to his arrival we were thumping whichever club side in the world stood in our way. 18 months prior to Benitez's arrival and the rot had truly set in under Houllier. Had Benitez departed in May of this season, following a successive disappointing year, then it may have been a different matter.

Like you say taking on Moratti is asking for the sack, but the reason this Liverpool fan is willing to be kidded by the man's obsequious ways is that he helped deliver our fifth European Cup. Five more than all of the London clubs combined, that.

And all the magic that accompanied the journey to that trophy, and the magic of his European jaunts in the subsequent seasons. Domestically, for every Barnsley or Burnsley in the Cup there was United at Anfield or Chelsea at Old Trafford; for a Wigan or Boro away league game there was a Portsmouth or Fulham. May be several years before we play host to such relevant and emotionally strung games again.

Jesus if he is a clown what does that make Wenger.

Since Rafa got his first big job at Valencia look at who has won what

As good as Wenger has been he has won next to nothing since he had to replace the great back 4 he inherited.

Wenger

Winner

Premier League 2001–02, 2003–04

FA Cup 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05

FA Community Shield 2002, 2004

Runner-up

UEFA Champions League 2005–06

Premier League 2002–03, 2004–05

League Cup 2006–07

FA Community Shield 2003, 2005

Rafa

Valencia

La Liga 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup Winner (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

UEFA Champions League 2004–05

FA Cup 2005–06

FA Community Shield 2006

UEFA Super Cup 2005

Runner up

UEFA Champions League 2006–07

Premier League 2008-09

League Cup 2004-05

FIFA Club World Cup 2005

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana

Winner (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup

Winner (1): 2010

UEFA Super Cup

Runner Up (1): 2010

Good thing Stevie G stuck that third goal in against Olympiakos.

Otherwise 2005 would only be remembered for finishing an embarrassing 37 points behind Chelsea.

Good thing Stevie G stuck that third goal in against Olympiakos.

Otherwise 2005 would only be remembered for finishing an embarrassing 37 points behind Chelsea.

Re-read the post you've just quoted.

At no point have I implied Rafael Benitez single-handedly won the 2005 UEFA European Champions League.

For the record, I think Steven Gerrard is arguably Liverpool's greatest ever player, whose contributions helped deliver our fifth European Cup.

Djimi Traore's medal is identical to Didi Hamann's.

Re-read the post you've just quoted.

At no point have I implied Rafael Benitez single-handedly won the 2005 UEFA European Champions League.

For the record, I think Steven Gerrard is arguably Liverpool's greatest ever player, whose contributions helped deliver our fifth European Cup.

Djimi Traore's medal is identical to Didi Hamann's.

I wasn't implying that you were implying that.

And your Traore point is a good one. Rafa can sit appropriately alongside him in sharing a past glory.

Yeah, we should be all ashamed of ourselves. Spoiling it for sophisticated, serious pundits like you.

Compared to miserable, one eyed cranks like yourself then blimey days, i guess i am the height of sophistication.

Diminishing the achievements of a former manager.

For what - effect or are you really that backwards?

Keep me guessing, sunshine.

You're right! I'm still curious but if I was that curious I'd do a search.

I did think he'd be good at Inter, largely because I thought "he knows he can't act up there so he'll just knuckle down and do what he does best".

He still might of course.........

I think a lot of people thought Rafa would do well at Inter. I was watching Marcotti on ESPN this morning and he was saying that Rafa's brief when joining Inter was to bring in a couple of signings and then add some of the younger players into the team. Inter were $200 M in debt at the end of 2009 and they want to reduce that to ensure that they fall in line with the new fair play rules. Marcotti reckons that Rafa was told he did not have to match Mourinho this season but rather build for the future. Not sure how much of that is true.

my post isnt meant to be a poor Rafa he's a victim Rafa has done well out of this merry go round but the key is that the only one who has done what he said he would do is Rafa

any club that employs him gets one of the best and there wont be a shortage of takers for his services you can knock him for his style of football if you want but he brings success with him wherever he goes and that cant be argued against as he has the trophies to show for it

If we kepy hodgson for 6 years we would still be potless at the end of it no matter how much we gave him to spend because we dont need to be buying players to maintain a position of getting into Europe via the UEFA cup and that is all he knows how to do

building a team to win a championship is beyond him and i think everyone knows that even those supporters who are willing to back him

I would have Rafa back in a heartbeat but it isnt going to happen so we need to look elsewhere for a manager if we cant attract the very top leval managers then Martin O'Neil will do at least we will see a winger who can beat a man and cross a ball and goos attacking football as appossed to how we set up Away from Anfield under Roy which is the worst i have seen and i go back to the 60's

That's all speculation Bob- you don't know what Rafa was promised at Inter and then to cap it all you put forward MO as a candidate if nobody else is available!!! I'd sooner we used the King than that fucker. Although I'd hate to see some of the comments ,if we had a bad run, from some of the turds that troll the boards these days.