You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Share LiverpoolFC' piece from today's Guardian...

vanishingpoint

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be called 'share bullshit ideas', the time and effort going into something that will never work is laughable, not in my life time will a group of fans own lfc, not a chance.

I'd love it to happen as it would be nice to say we own our club but I'm afraid it's not likely, as things stand fans dont have anything to offer RBS/BAR CAP.

If we could go to them tomorrow with £100m up front with a guarntee to pay off the £180m within 3/5 years by raising the rest of the money in the £500 donations then maybe they'd entertain it if there was nothing else on the table, but it seems theres nothing on offer for them, and I cant see RBS just transfering the debt to the fans without a serious down payment.

The best hope is we get a decent buyer and then maybe look to get a seat on the board with 25% shares that maybe over time can be built up, but as things stand theres not even a foot in the door and RBS/ BAR CAP will not take a fans group with nothing to offer at the moment as a serious option.

I'd love it to happen as it would be nice to say we own our club but I'm afraid it's not likely, as things stand fans dont have anything to offer RBS/BAR CAP.

If we could go to them tomorrow with £100m up front with a guarntee to pay off the £180m within 3/5 years by raising the rest of the money in the £500 donations then maybe they'd entertain it if there was nothing else on the table, but it seems theres nothing on offer for them, and I cant see RBS just transfering the debt to the fans without a serious down payment.

The best hope is we get a decent buyer and then maybe look to get a seat on the board with 25% shares that maybe over time can be built up, but as things stand theres not even a foot in the door and RBS/ BAR CAP will not take a fans group with nothing to offer at the moment as a serious option.

I may have been a tad harsh but at the end of the day it just won't happen and getting the credit union thing goingis neither here nor there. I would uggest that a massive proportion of people willing to put money forward would be from out of town.

I may have been a tad harsh but at the end of the day it just won't happen and getting the credit union thing goingis neither here nor there. I would uggest that a massive proportion of people willing to put money forward would be from out of town.

I was saying this to somebody Saturday, if the credit union is only for Locals your not likely to get close to the required amount, now alot of fans outside the are may be in the position to give the £500, but it will still be difficult

We've just seen joint owners be completely disastrous, but what if it was a 45/45 split and the fans get the other 10? Or 46/46 + 8 etc

Casting vote on major issues, maybe even vote on which owner we want to run things with an election every two years, as abroad.

I'm sure there's a thousand pitfalls, but maybe slightly better than putting our trust in anyone else ever again?

We've just seen joint owners be completely disastrous, but what if it was a 45/45 split and the fans get the other 10? Or 46/46 + 8 etc

Casting vote on major issues, maybe even vote on which owner we want to run things with an election every two years, as abroad.

I'm sure there's a thousand pitfalls, but maybe slightly better than putting our trust in anyone else ever again?

If we ever do get a decent owner then he'll be keen to mend fences and might be happy to agree a proper fan representative on the Board. I can't see any control being given away over money matters but the fans director might be influential on lots of issues.

We'd never agree on a representative though.

I have a plan to buy the Club personally and then gift it to the fans. I am absolutely committed to this approach.

The only thing I'm waiting for is the alien spacecraft to land in my back garden and share with me the secrets of perpetual motion that I then sell for many billions.

Sorry but I really don't like Rogan Taylor, and therefore want nothing to do with it on that basis, which is the main problem as I see it, I don't agree, fundamently with some, people on here, so really don't welcome the opportunity to give them a bit of tangible power.

You can pay 500 pounds, in one instance and you have say in how the club is run, yet you pay 10'000 pounds over ten years and you have fuck all say!

What do you do over cup final tickets?

It works for Barcelona because they have a 90'000 capacity stadium and tickets are always available for matches, but I can't see it working here.

Hehe. Stunning.

In amidst 5 years and 18k posts spent on a fan's site, have you really never, ever been minded to read anything about this ShareLFC scheme Ted?

Bestest Fans In The World, aye. You couldn't really make it up.

I know it has about as much chance of owning any part of the club as Rupert the Bear.

You might wanna read into the fucking scumbag who heads them up a bit.

Fuck it - fifthed as well.

Interesting.

Grateful Hillsbrough families seem not to agree with you.

Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Liverpool lecturer Rogan Taylor's Hillsborough fee 'mistake'

Anybody can say something which is taken out of context, though I guess this is the internet so maybe it's more fun for some to read half the story and villify.

I know it has about as much chance of owning any part of the club as Rupert the Bear.

You might wanna read into the fucking scumbag who heads them up a bit.

But you thought it was about Taylor "owning" the club. Arf! That's great.

Anyway, about Rogan taylor: (I have no axe to grind one way or another- I've never met him) I've kindly posted a link. Don't thank me.

Interesting.

Grateful Hillsbrough families seem not to agree with you.

Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Liverpool lecturer Rogan Taylor's Hillsborough fee 'mistake'

Anybody can say something which is taken out of context, though I guess this is the internet so maybe it's more fun for some to read half the story and villify.

He's a liar. And conning the families into covering his sorry arse shows what an utter cunt he is. Taylor has made a career out of Hillsborough. He's done very nicely, thank you.

Yeah, we're all going to thank you for posting an article that was laughed out of town when it was first written.

Rogan Taylor is a tumour who will attach himself to anybody who'll give him publicity.

We all work through enlightened self-interest to some extent Ted, yet I still have this strange hunch that Mr.Taylor, saint or sinner, has done more on behalf of getting justice for the Hillsbrough 96 over 20 years that you ever have, or are ever likely to do.

Am I right?