You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Documentary on Channel 4 at the moment. Seems like some propaganda to me, especially in relation to the plane who hit ground on the way to Washington. Obviously the US can never admit that they shot down a commercial airliner, but this stuff of no armed fighter jets ready to disembark is bollocks as far as I am concerned.

Also, what effect has this event had on our every days lives? Do people think that we have yet to see the full effects of what happened that day in terms of the relationship between the East and West?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And today it is 12/09/10. Add all those numbers up you get 31. 3 + 1 = 4. Which is exactly the number of planes that got hijacked on 9/11. 11 - 9 = 2. There were two twin towers. 11 + 9 = 20. 20 / 2 = 10, which is exactly the amount of years on from 9/11 next year.

Creepy or what?

Why, what happened on 9th November?

EDIT Remmie beat me to it. *shame*

(Or is it just a conspiracy as I am sure I never read it before I posted!?)

EDIT Truth is, I didn't actually read the other posts before I posted. There is no conspiracy *shame*

(Or is that PART of the conspiracy... you see how easy it is to get muddled up. That's why, when you get attacked by a terrorist organisation with links to Saudi Arabia, you go and invade a different country altogether who had nothing to do with it. I'm with George: it's easy to get muddled all right.)

Watched a bit of that documentary 9/11 tonight. Found it very weird so turned it off after half an hour.

Still blows my mind even to this day how fucked up it all was and the massive loss of life as a result.

Not into conspiracy theories myself, some people can look too much into things then get carried away with it all. Most conspiracy theories don't even take standard laws of science into consideration, hence why I don't bother with them.

While agree with the general idea that we dont know about most things that happened that day I dont agree with the idea that the US government decided to down the buildings. Im no engineer, but if one of the floors which the planes hit collapsed under the heat and debris would the rest of the floors not fall directly down as the weight of the upper floors hit?

Watching Treme really rams the point home to you about how fucked up the US perspective is with regard to the attack in New York and the devastation of New Orleans. Jon Goodman knows.

Definitely. I know we're not playing Atrocity Top Trumps here but nearly 2,000 people were killed by the actual hurricane, and nearly 3,000 lost their lives on 9/11 yet the response to each respective disaster (authorities and media) were worlds apart.

Thousands of dead, largely WASP, New Yorkers v. thousands of dead, largely poor, black Southerners... which matters more in the United States? :whistle:

Watched this last night and thought it was good. I think all the conspiracy stuff is bollocks to be honest, you're talking about a Goevernment which decided to sack Iraq's entire civil service and military on a whim, and din't anticipate that they'd all go home, get their guns and start fighting. The precision needed and the number of people who would have needed to be involved and keep it quite would have been off the scale.

Stu, while I agree that New Orleans wasn't given the help, support and coverage it deserved, I think it's only natural to react with more shock when it's a terrorist incident.

Bear in mind Americans aren't used to feeling vulnerable, in our lifetime they've been untouchable and the USA has never been attacked, ever. We were used to it with the IRA, the yanks aren't. People bring up Pearl Harbour but seem to miss the fact it was in Hawai.

Plus, the Pentagon and the World Trade Centre weren't just places they were symbols, iconic. It's like destroying the Eifel Tower or Buckingham Palace.

While agree with the general idea that we dont know about most things that happened that day I dont agree with the idea that the US government decided to down the buildings. Im no engineer, but if one of the floors which the planes hit collapsed under the heat and debris would the rest of the floors not fall directly down as the weight of the upper floors hit?

You can see how it's collapsed if you really watch the towers fall in the videos, the fire becomes too much so the tower starts to force it's way down on it's self from the point of the impact. The untouched building underneath it didn't stand a chance with a weight like that falling straight to the floor.

The weight of the tower falling on it's already weakened self caused each tower to pop so to speak as it came down, that's why conspiracists say it was bombed because of the pop noise each floor made as it was collapsing. Sounds obvious like but I just think the age of the building, the weight of the tower falling on it's self and the plane fuel has caused it to collapse by the fire weakening all the girders and collums within the breached floors so they're too weak to hold the 50ish floors above.

I did think there was room for conspiracy until I REALLY read up about it, they say aviation fuel would never bring a building down, the weight of 50 odd floors falling from the sky would though.