You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not going to endorse financial suicide just because I don't like a particular player.

Nope you have completely lost me there?

Was it when I said we should have signed Ozil and Messi?

Or when I suggested we signed Silva and Milner?

Maybe it was when I suggested we sign Ashley Young and David Villa?

Or maybe it was when I questioned spending upwards of 10 million pounds on players who might not offer us anything!

Is that endorsing financial suicide?

But Rafa is a wanker and a fucking fool. That's the thing.

Why is Rafa a wanker then?

Phone Margaret Aspinall or Rhys Jones' parents and ask them "Is Rafa a wanker?"

You'd be surprised.

He may have had a bad last season at the club but to call him a wanker and a fool on that basis, makes you the fool.

Another thread full of world class spazziness. Red Eagle, in particular, is excelling at monginess and contradiction.

It's a good job then that Goldmember Silverlining is in the commons forum keeping the argument going then, eh?

Isn't he always ill?

Now we're talking. Aquilani is a crock, and has been for years. He should never have been bought, I would sell him to the first decent offer.

Not only is he a crock, I'm not that impressed with what I've seen from him so far. He has a good touch, vision and two good feet. But he's very weak defensively, and is far too easily bypassed by opposition players.

im dumbfounded to the whole Aquilani thing

something just isnt right

we now have a second manager that wont play him

when you think about it, its hard to imagine we paid 20 million for this guy,

look at it this way, how many £20 million transfers where there last year?

would it be 5 or 6 players perhaps?

now, out of them players that fetched £20 million or more, i can guarantee you everyone of them could get into a top 4 club, everyone of those players is a known player to everyone, their more than likely household names, yet for some reason, we spunked £20 million on a player that nobody really knows, and it seems, nobody wants,

what im saying is that 99% of players that fetch that kind of price are top marquee players, Aquilani was never that, and never will

the whole transfer is just puzzling

before somebody has a go at me

im not slagging off the player, but more so the transfer, and how we came to spend £20 million on a "relativly unknown player" (tongue in cheek there)

Aquilani is imo Rafa's worst transfer. Absolute shocker.

Ive said it before and il say it again ,why replace alonso with a totally diferent type of player ,we were set up as a team for years to play through alonso why change it, think thats one of the reasons we were so shit,should of been replaced by a like for like ,he is utter horse shit got to be up there with veron for a worse prem buy

Because the players available in his role where nowhere near Alonso's quality?

Javi Martinez would have been a great replacement. Powerful and more mobile, could have developed into an equally as good or better player than Xabi. Now he'll cost you upwards of £15-20 million, around the amount we spent on Aquilani.

Genius.

Aquilani is the signing that cost him his job.

Does anyone think cecil's comment on the radio on sunday about Roy wanting to see players before he buys them was a dig at Transfers like Aquilani's(im pretty sure it was a dig at Rafa)when you look over the last 2 seasons we've had Keane,Aquilani at £20 mill or there abouts who basically haven't been used (or used enough depending on your point of view)does are scouting system need an overhaul or just certain scouts need to be looked at closer ?

Does anyone think cecil's comment on the radio on sunday about Roy wanting to see players before he buys them was a dig at Transfers like Aquilani's(im pretty sure it was a dig at Rafa)when you look over the last 2 seasons we've had Keane,Aquilani at £20 mill or there abouts who basically haven't been used (or used enough depending on your point of view)does are scouting system need an overhaul or just certain scouts need to be looked at closer ?

without a doubt a dig at Rafa he was correct in what he was saying though, Benitez signed Dossena and Aqualani without seeing them himself, from the first half off his debut you could see Dossena was shit, Aqualani the jury is out but if I thought we'd get the fee or 3/4 of it back to. buy a striker i'd take it.

For his transfer dealings after the Torres and Yossi signings he deserved to lose his job for that alone, Aqualani Keane Babel Riera Dossena, not 1 of those players made a positive impact on the team at a cost of over £65m

I

im dumbfounded to the whole Aquilani thing

something just isnt right

we now have a second manager that wont play him

when you think about it, its hard to imagine we paid 20 million for this guy,

look at it this way, how many £20 million transfers where there last year?

would it be 5 or 6 players perhaps?

now, out of them players that fetched £20 million or more, i can guarantee you everyone of them could get into a top 4 club, everyone of those players is a known player to everyone, their more than likely household names, yet for some reason, we spunked £20 million on a player that nobody really knows, and it seems, nobody wants,

what im saying is that 99% of players that fetch that kind of price are top marquee players, Aquilani was never that, and never will

the whole transfer is just puzzling

before somebody has a go at me

im not slagging off the player, but more so the transfer, and how we came to spend £20 million on a "relativly unknown player" (tongue in cheek there)

its not puzzling when you realize we didn't pay 20mil up front, addons + money owed from riise.

Iits not puzzling when you realize we didn't pay 20mil up front, addons + money owed from riise.

Most transfers are done in instalments. That is tired excuse that doesn't wash with me.

It's as bad as the people who say that Johnson only cost £10m because they owed us money from the Crouch deal.