You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Crouchy back?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Crouchy back?

• Yes, he would do a good job for us
    • No, he would be a waste of money
    • Unsure

I think some people do the man an injustice by saying having him in the team resulted in a lot of aimless long balls from our back four.

Why do I think that?

Because our back fucking four did the same thing even when he wasn't on the bloody pitch! Carra, Riise, sometimes Hyypia -- they'd lump it up no matter who was playing up front, even when Crouchy hadn't even made the squad. They played high, long balls for Craig shortarse bastard Bellamy for pity's sake! So don't blame the big fella for the crap footy we played at times. Yes, we had (have) a problem with defenders pumping aimless balls forward, but its the fault of the man passing the ball when that happens, not the striker struggling to get on the end of it.

I voted "yes". He links up well with Stevie (don't forget we actually played some pretty classy football at times back then), can get you goals against stubborn defences, and I still think he could partner Nando brilliantly with the right service. He has his failings, but there's a hole in our squad that he can fill... and I can't think who else (who we could afford) that can do the job.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You slag Crouch off for goal scoring and then mention Carlton fucking Cole? Who's scored less then 50 goals in his career and he is 26. Makes real sense that.

No i wouldnt say ive "slagged crouch off" at all. I've said when he was at us his finishing was pityful. I didnt say i wanted cole i said if wer to go english id sooner take him than crouch.

Its called an opinion

Peter Crouch, the teenage vice girl and new shame for England

By Ben Todd

Last updated at 11:09 PM on 8th August 2010

After England's woeful World Cup performance, you might expect the overpaid 'stars' to be keeping a low profile.

Instead, players have been photographed falling out of nightclubs, smoking and - in Wayne Rooney's case - urinating in the street.

Now 6ft 7in striker Peter Crouch has taken matters to a new low after being accused of cheating on his fiancee with a teenage prostitute.

The woman, who calls herself Monica Mint, claims Crouch paid her £800 for liaisons in the back of a taxi and at an £80-a-night hotel.

Last night Crouch's spokesman was unavailable and his Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur, refused to comment.

But a friend of his fiancee Abigail Clancy, to whom he became engaged 13 months ago, said: 'Abigail is utterly devastated. How would anyone feel at learning that?'

The couple have a home in Surrey but yesterday Miss Clancy, a 24-year-old model and TV presenter, was away in Manchester filming her satellite series Great British Hairdresser.

She and Crouch spoke by phone yesterday but the friend said Miss Clancy would not make any decision regarding their future until she had spoken with the footballer face-to-face.

And when she left filming last night she was still wearing her engagement ring. The allegations against Crouch emerged as he was dropped from the England squad on Saturday following the team's World Cup failure and Spurs appeared to be moving towards selling him.

The affair is reported to have taken place after Crouch, 29, went on a stag weekend to Madrid ahead of the wedding of school friend Ed Aitkin.

The player, who has a £6million fortune, arrived in Spain on Friday, July 16 - a year to the day after he and Miss Clancy announced their engagement.

The liaison with the 19-year-old Algerian-born prostitute is said to have taken place in the early hours of the next day after she was introduced to the footballer at the Buddha del Mar nightclub.

He began dancing with the girl before inviting her to join him and a group of friends in a roped-off area of the club, where they were drinking from a two-litre bottle of vodka and had already apparently had a bottle of champagne.

A friend of Crouch asked how much she charged before she and the £70,000-a-week footballer got into a taxi together. He counted out 1,000 euros in cash - worth about £850 - before she performed a sex act.

They then checked in to the three-star Rafael Hotel, where Crouch insisted the room was in the girl's name - but he had to pay with his credit card.

Miss Mint told the News of the World Crouch was more pleasant than Spanish footballers she claims to have been with. 'Peter was humble and kind,' she said.

'The Spanish players are arrogant divas who treat me like a whore. I don't think Peter is good looking, but he is a nice person.'

She said she did not know he was engaged to Miss Clancy, adding: 'I can't believe he paid for sex with someone like me when he has a gorgeous woman like her at home.'

Crouch started dating Miss Clancy in 2006. They briefly split that summer when he sent her home from the World Cup in Germany after she was involved in a cocaine scandal.

She was then accused of cheating on him by rekindling a relationship with an ex-boyfriend after she had started dating Crouch.

Peter Crouch, the teenage vice girl and new shame for England | Mail Online

Peter Crouch, the teenage vice girl and new shame for England

By Ben Todd

Last updated at 11:09 PM on 8th August 2010

After England's woeful World Cup performance, you might expect the overpaid 'stars' to be keeping a low profile.

Instead, players have been photographed falling out of nightclubs, smoking and - in Wayne Rooney's case - urinating in the street.

Now 6ft 7in striker Peter Crouch has taken matters to a new low after being accused of cheating on his fiancee with a teenage prostitute.

The woman, who calls herself Monica Mint, claims Crouch paid her £800 for liaisons in the back of a taxi and at an £80-a-night hotel.

Last night Crouch's spokesman was unavailable and his Premier League club, Tottenham Hotspur, refused to comment.

But a friend of his fiancee Abigail Clancy, to whom he became engaged 13 months ago, said: 'Abigail is utterly devastated. How would anyone feel at learning that?'

The couple have a home in Surrey but yesterday Miss Clancy, a 24-year-old model and TV presenter, was away in Manchester filming her satellite series Great British Hairdresser.

She and Crouch spoke by phone yesterday but the friend said Miss Clancy would not make any decision regarding their future until she had spoken with the footballer face-to-face.

And when she left filming last night she was still wearing her engagement ring. The allegations against Crouch emerged as he was dropped from the England squad on Saturday following the team's World Cup failure and Spurs appeared to be moving towards selling him.

The affair is reported to have taken place after Crouch, 29, went on a stag weekend to Madrid ahead of the wedding of school friend Ed Aitkin.

The player, who has a £6million fortune, arrived in Spain on Friday, July 16 - a year to the day after he and Miss Clancy announced their engagement.

The liaison with the 19-year-old Algerian-born prostitute is said to have taken place in the early hours of the next day after she was introduced to the footballer at the Buddha del Mar nightclub.

He began dancing with the girl before inviting her to join him and a group of friends in a roped-off area of the club, where they were drinking from a two-litre bottle of vodka and had already apparently had a bottle of champagne.

A friend of Crouch asked how much she charged before she and the £70,000-a-week footballer got into a taxi together. He counted out 1,000 euros in cash - worth about £850 - before she performed a sex act.

They then checked in to the three-star Rafael Hotel, where Crouch insisted the room was in the girl's name - but he had to pay with his credit card.

Miss Mint told the News of the World Crouch was more pleasant than Spanish footballers she claims to have been with. 'Peter was humble and kind,' she said.

'The Spanish players are arrogant divas who treat me like a whore. I don't think Peter is good looking, but he is a nice person.'

She said she did not know he was engaged to Miss Clancy, adding: 'I can't believe he paid for sex with someone like me when he has a gorgeous woman like her at home.'

Crouch started dating Miss Clancy in 2006. They briefly split that summer when he sent her home from the World Cup in Germany after she was involved in a cocaine scandal.

She was then accused of cheating on him by rekindling a relationship with an ex-boyfriend after she had started dating Crouch.

Peter Crouch, the teenage vice girl and new shame for England | Mail Online

Interesting tactics from the Mail. Here's one of our (potential) players they can't link with a move away...

We shouldn't be spending a penny on strikers currently.

Sure, Torres is not fit, but he will be soon..may even start against Arsenal.

Ngog has started well and his confidence is obviously growing. Ngog has stated his intention is to improve enough to become a first team regular, and I think we should be encouraging that, as well as all the youngsters...like David Amoo.

If we bought Crouch now or anyone else of mediocrity, we're saying to our youngsters 'we have no faith in you.'

There's a lot of talent coming thru...fuck spending money on 'the golden generation' of soppy spoiled brats. I only agree to Cole's arrival cos of the free transfer. I wouldn't have paid a penny for him if it was me, and he'll have to go out of his way to show he's worth 90,000 a week or whatever as far as I'm concerned.

No more strikers until we know what's in the transfer kitty after we've been sold; also that gives the younger players a chance to prove they can cut it with the 'best of the Prem'

We shouldn't be spending a penny on strikers currently.

Sure, Torres is not fit, but he will be soon..may even start against Arsenal.

Ngog has started well and his confidence is obviously growing. Ngog has stated his intention is to improve enough to become a first team regular, and I think we should be encouraging that, as well as all the youngsters...like David Amoo.

If we bought Crouch now or anyone else of mediocrity, we're saying to our youngsters 'we have no faith in you.'

There's a lot of talent coming thru...fuck spending money on 'the golden generation' of soppy spoiled brats. I only agree to Cole's arrival cos of the free transfer. I wouldn't have paid a penny for him if it was me, and he'll have to go out of his way to show he's worth 90,000 a week or whatever as far as I'm concerned.

No more strikers until we know what's in the transfer kitty after we've been sold; also that gives the younger players a chance to prove they can cut it with the 'best of the Prem'

Theres always one

Obviously mate but the "better than n'gog" category isn't really saying a lot.

But N'gog is currently our second choice striker, and our first choice is injury prone. So being "better than N'gog" is pretty important for me.

We need 3 strikers in the squad and I'd be happy with Torres, Crouch and N'gog. Far happier than if we went into the season with just Torres and N'gog.

No.

Can't/won't play a back-up forward's role, which is to mainly sit on the bench. Because we all know who will be the main forward. He left because of that policy, and he couldn't come back until we put minimum two forwards upfront. I don't blame forwards for turning us down, when they find out what exactly their "role" will be.

On Crouch himself, I didn't want him, he wasn't good enough when he was here, and I wasn't disappointed when he left. I would take Owen, Keane, Bellamy, or Morientes back, if they could handle the job description. There's little evidence though to suggest they would. Because when Torres is fit, he plays, and when he doesn't play, the team is still centred around him.

I hope that will change, but I can't see it happening in the short term, which means we all suffer.

No, he's really, really slow, is a mediocre player, and doesn't score many goals.

Agreed. Even though having him gives an extra option, especially if (when) Torres gets injured, he is a very average player at best.

There is a reason why he has moved so many clubs in his career.

And he makes us play in a way I don't like. He is an easy target for the defenders to hoof the ball.

I find it odd that people all summer have said we need back up for Torres.

Then we get linked to Crouch, who scored a lot of goals for us, was popular with the players and fans, gives us a different option, improves our quota and now some people aren't happy with this signing.

I think it would be brilliant for us and Crouch.

Well, I've never liked the word "backup" and I have said this many times. There is no such thing called a "backup" striker in football. We need a striker, a proper one who is not yet a finished article, not a "backup" one in Crouch.

As I said in this thread, I would be happy if we have Crouch to come on (or start) instead of N'Gog. But that doesn't mean Crouch is the best available option for us.

He is very average and if we had decent transfer kitty, I'm sure we won't be going for him.

But that doesn't mean Crouch is the best available option for us.

He is very average and if we had decent transfer kitty, I'm sure we won't be going for him.

Isn't that conflicting?

We are skint, therefore getting someone like Crouch given his experience and what he can offer for around £10 million, is about the best we can hope for, in my opinion.

I also think calling Crouch just a 'plan b' is lazy - he is far better than that.

Isn't that conflicting?

We are skint, therefore getting someone like Crouch given his experience and what he can offer for around £10 million, is about the best we can hope for, in my opinion.

I also think calling Crouch just a 'plan b' is lazy - he is far better than that.

I said as much yesterday - I would rather have him than N'Gog. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with Crouch. I think he is very limited and makes us way in a way I don't like.